Subject: [Maprg] IMC'22 ShadowTPC: Call for Participation

From: Lars Prehn <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2022 12:37:01 +0100

Dear Maprg list members,

IMC'22 organizes a Shadow TPC exercise, and we hope that some of you are 
interested in participating! Please find details below!

Best regards,

Lars

IMC'22 will organize a Shadow TPC (STPC) exercise for PhD students, 
postdocs, early-career academics, and junior researchers.

The Shadow TPC's peer-review process will closely resemble the actual 
one in function, workload, and timing. STPC participants will bid on 
abstracts, review 15+ papers over two review rounds, and converge on a 
shadow program during the virtual STPC meeting. Finally, the Shadow TPC 
will award a shadow "Best Paper" that will be announced during the award 
ceremony.

The Shadow TPC will have no direct impact on the actual TPC. Yet, we 
will experiment this year with forwarding "Best of Shadow TPC" 
comments---detailed review summaries for two pre-accepted papers with 
exceptionally high ratings---to the actual TPC. **Please note** that the 
actual TPC is free to ignore these comments.

If you are interested in participating, please apply by uploading your 
application material to the https://imc22shadowtpc.hotcrp.com/ 
submission site by April 8, 2022, 23:59 AoE. Your application should 
contain a single PDF file including a CV and a brief (0.25-1 page) 
motivation statement explaining why you would like to participate in the 
shadow TPC. Please indicate your name, position/year of study, areas of 
research experience, publications, and past reviewing experience (if 
any) in your application. If you mark them appropriately, you are also 
free to include tech reports, papers under submission, unreviewed 
manuscripts, etc.

Important Dates:

Application Deadline: Friday, April 8, 2022, at 11:59 PM AoE (UTC-12)

Notification: Friday, April 15, 2022

Paper Bidding Phase: May 15, 2022–May 23, 2022

Review Phase 1: May 25, 2022–July 8, 2022

Review Phase 2: July 8, 2022–August 12, 2022

Online STPC Meeting: Thursday, August 18, 2022

You can find more information about the Shadow TPC at 
https://conferences.sigcomm.org/imc/2022/shadow/.

For any further questions or concerns, please contact the Shadow TPC 
chairs via [email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]>.

Anja Feldmann (Max Planck Institute for Informatics)

Lars Prehn (Max Planck Institute for Informatics)