Subject: [Masque] Splitting MASQUE Obfuscation out of MASQUE

From: David Schinazi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2020 14:01:24 -0800

Hi MASQUE enthusiasts,

One piece of feedback I've gotten about MASQUE was that there is more
community interest in working on the "how do we make better proxies running
over QUIC?" question than on the "how can I hide a VPN behind an HTTPS
server?" question.

Therefore I've split out the hidden VPN use-case into its own draft, named
MASQUE Obfuscation:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-schinazi-masque-obfuscation

The core MASQUE draft is now more focused on laying out a generic mechanism
for multiplexing applications over QUIC:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-schinazi-masque

Conceptually, MASQUE Obfuscation is now just a single use-case for MASQUE
among others.

In terms of next steps, I'll be working on fleshing out the specific
protocol bits of MASQUE, and on a draft charter to discuss the potential
creation of a MASQUE working group. More details to follow.

Thanks,
David

---

From: Spencer Dawkins at IETF <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2020 11:45:56 +0900

Hi, David,

I had intended to thank you for this split, and Mirja's thank-you reminded
me that I had not.

I think it's much easier for this work to move forward without fate-sharing.

Best,

Spencer

On Thu, Jan 9, 2020 at 7:01 AM David Schinazi <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> The core MASQUE draft is now more focused on laying out a generic
> mechanism for multiplexing applications over QUIC:
> --
> Masque mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/masque
>