Subject: mboned: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mboned-ipv6-multicast-issues-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 15:22:13 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the MBONE Deployment Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: IPv6 Multicast Deployment Issues
	Author(s)	: P. Savola
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mboned-ipv6-multicast-issues-00.txt
	Pages		: 0
	Date		: 2004-8-11
	
This memo describes known issues with IPv6 multicast, and provides
   historical reference of how some earlier problems have been resolved.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mboned-ipv6-multicast-issues-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mboned-ipv6-multicast-issues-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mboned-ipv6-multicast-issues-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 09:16:18 +0300 (EEST)

Folks,

I did quite a bit of rewriting and updating on this one.  I'm fairly 
certain it still does not reflect the "history" of SSM/Embedded-RP 
debates accurately enough.  Therefore I'd really, really like that 
folks read it (esp. sections 2 and 3) and provided 
comments/text/discussion.

Thanks!

-- 
Pekka Savola                 "You each name yourselves king, yet the
Netcore Oy                    kingdom bleeds."
Systems. Networks. Security. -- George R.R. Martin: A Clash of Kings

_______________________________________________________________
user interface: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/mboned.html
web archive:  http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/mboned/

---

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 13:22:26 +0300 (EEST)

Come on guys, there was only one response on-list, and one off-list.  
I know I can't be THAT perfect ;-)!

The document is so short it should be easy to take a quick look and 
send comments!

Otherwise I'll do a quick rev in a week or two, and ask Dave if he
could initiate a WG last call..