Subject: [MBONED] Updated Draft: IGMP/MLD Proxy Upstream Interface Learning

From: "Jayanth Chennamangalam" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2007 17:32:39 +0530

Hi!

We have submitted a new draft on "IGMP/MLD Proxy Upstream Interface
Learning" (draft-vijay-mboned-igmpproxy-upstream-learning-00) to the MBONED
Working Group as an update to
draft-vijay-magma-igmpproxy-upstream-intf-learning-00.

The document specifies a mechanism for the dynamic determination of the
upstream interface of a device running IGMP/MLD Proxy, as opposed to manual
configuration. The learning of the upstream interface is achieved by
listening for IGMP/MLD General Query messages on the interfaces of the proxy
device.

The updates include an additional "no-querier" alarm, and support for
Multicast Router Advertisement messages for the determination of the
upstream interface.

I would greatly appreciate it if the WG members could review the draft and
send me comments. The draft is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-vijay-mboned-igmpproxy-upstream-learning-00

Thanks and regards,

Jayanth
_______________________________________________
MBONED mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mboned