Subject: [MBONED] Last Call: draft-ietf-mboned-ip-mcast-mib (IP Multicast MIB) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2007 10:45:49 -0400

The IESG has received a request from the MBONE Deployment WG (mboned) to 
consider the following document:

- 'IP Multicast MIB '
   <draft-ietf-mboned-ip-mcast-mib-06.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2007-08-21. Exceptionally, 
comments may be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please 
retain the beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mboned-ip-mcast-mib-06.txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=14571&rfc_flag=0

_______________________________________________
MBONED mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mboned

---

From: Stig Venaas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 12:57:26 +0200

I've read carefully through the draft and have found some issues.

For an ipMcastRouteEntry, how do you specify a non source-specific
entry? Previously this has generally been done using address 0.0.0.0
with mask 255.255.255.255 (AFAIK). Should one use all zeros and prefix
length 32/128? It would be good to clarify this.

In the description of ipMcastRouteSource, replace
ipMcastRouteGroupPrefixLength with ipMcastRouteSourcePrefixLength.

Also in description of ipMcastRouteRtAddress, replace
ipMcastRouteGroupPrefixLength with ipMcastRouteRtPrefixLength.

Typo: infomration

In ipMcastLocalListenerSourcePrefixLength description it says
"A mask length of zero corresponds to all sources within the group."
But then it says next:

            For values 'ipv4'
            and 'ipv4z', this object must be in the range 4..32.  For
            values 'ipv6' and 'ipv6z', this object must be in the range
            8..128."

Stig

---

From: Stig Venaas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 12:57:26 +0200

Typo: infomration

            For values 'ipv4'

Stig