Subject: [MBONED] IPv4/IPv6 Multicast interoperability

From: "Vincent Gay" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 11:34:53 +0100

Hi all,

I and my company are strongly interested in doing efficient Multicast
over IPv4 between IPv6 islands.

Ideally, any host, in v4 or v6 domain, should be able to receive
Multicast stream content sourced by any other host. Note that Multicast
stream must be sent in Multicast over both IPv4 and IPv6.

I saw that a set of solutions  - based on reflection or translation -
had been implemented some years ago (respectively by K.Kabassanov and
S.Venaas). 

Has anyone here an update about where you stand for IPv4/IPv6 Multicast
Interoperability? What is the current state of art?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Regards,

Vincent. 

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. In accordance with Inmarsat Information Security Policy and Guidelines on Computer use, emails sent or received may be monitored. Inmarsat plc, Registered No 4886072 and Inmarsat Global Limited, Registered No. 3675885. Both Registered in England and Wales with Registered Office at 99 City Road, London EC1Y 1AX.

_____________________________________________________________________
This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by Verizon Business Internet Managed Scanning Services - powered by MessageLabs. For further information visit http://www.verizonbusiness.com/uk

_______________________________________________
MBONED mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mboned