Subject: [MBONED] Comments on Dual Stack case

From: Tina Tsou <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 15:58:10 -0700

Hi all,
Just bring some comments on the dual stack case for the new problem
statement I-D based on
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-jaclee-behave-v4v6-mcast-ps/. And I
also suggest the new problem statement I-D being
draft-jaclee-multrans-v4v6-mcast-ps, since it is not ONLY behave any more.

I cc [email-masked] and [email-masked] looking for multicast expertise to
help on input to this new problem statement.

Comments on Dual Stack case are below, inspired by talk with Stig.
1. Even in the native dual stack case, you want to save bandwidth, not put
two copy of bandwidth under one source.

2. For P2MP case, the receivers are part of IPv4, part of IPv6, this is
problem.

3. For video conference, you have 30 people, 15 are v4, 15 are v6, and any
of them can send their videos (everyone has a webcam and microphone).

We keep our promises with one another - no matter what!

Best Regards,
Tina TSOU
http://tinatsou.weebly.com/contact.html