Subject: [MBONED] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-zhou-multrans-af1-specification-01.txt

From: Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 19:55:58 -0400

This draft has been updated and could be part of the high-level 
description of the AF that the interim meeting suggested to include in 
the ultimate overview document.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for 
draft-zhou-multrans-af1-specification-01.txt
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 16:50:25 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked], [email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-zhou-multrans-af1-specification-01.txt has 
been successfully submitted by Tom Taylor and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-zhou-multrans-af1-specification
Revision:	 01
Title:		 Specification of a Provider-Managed Adaptive Function Between a 
Multicast Receiver and a Provider Network Supporting a Different IP Version
Creation date:	 2012-03-13
WG ID:		 Individual Submission
Number of pages: 6

Abstract:
    Discussion of the problem of multicast transition has brought out a
    number of scenarios that are the most likely to be encountered in
    practice.  In some of these scenarios the IP version supported by the
    multicast receiver differs from that supported by the provider
    network to which it is attached.  In such cases an adaptation
    function is required between the receiver and the network, to mediate
    the signalling and data flows between them.  This memo uses the term
    &quot;Type 1 Adaptation Function&quot; (AF1) for such a function.  It is
    written for the purpose of specifying the functions performed by an
    AF1.

    The scope of this memo is limited to the case where flows are
    unidirectional, from a designated set of sources to a designated (and
    normally much more numerous) set of receivers.  The IP television
    (IPTV) case falls within this scope.

The IETF Secretariat