Subject: [MBONED] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-eubanks-mboned-transition-overview-04.txt

From: Marshall Eubanks <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 19:45:09 -0400

for your reading pleasure -
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-eubanks-mboned-transition-overview-04.txt

Regards
Marshall

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From:  <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 7:42 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-eubanks-mboned-transition-overview-04.txt
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-eubanks-mboned-transition-overview-04.txt
has been successfully submitted by Marshall Eubanks and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:        draft-eubanks-mboned-transition-overview
Revision:        04
Title:           Multicast Transition Overview
Creation date:   2012-03-12
WG ID:           Individual Submission
Number of pages: 13

Abstract:
  IPTV providers must serve content to their customers during the
  period of transition from IPv4 to IPv6.  During this period, the
  content provider may support only one version of IP while the
  customer&#39;s receiver device supports only the other.  Likewise, the
  network between the provider and its customer may include segments
  supporting only one version of IP or another.

  This document provides an overview of the multicast transition
  problem.  It also provides an overview of the solution space.  The
  solution space is characterized by an adaptation function (AF) that
  provides an interface between IPv4 and IPv6 multicast domains.  This
  document also discusses various multicast use cases which may occur
  during IPv6 transitioning.  These use cases motivate the solution
  space discussion and the requirements that appear at the end.

The IETF Secretariat