Subject: [MBONED] New AS112 project internet-draft based on ietf-mboned-mcaddrdoc

From: "William F. Maton Sotomayor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 08:18:26 -0400 (EDT)

All,

 	As the co-author of draft-sotomayor-as112-ipv4-cull, I've been 
preparing a recommendation to the IAB to direct the IANA to add several 
DNS reverse-mapped zones that were missing from RFC6304 (AS112 Nameserver 
Operations).  A small number come from RFC 6303 (Locally Served DNS 
Zones), and therefore syncs the lists of reverse zone lookup traffic to 
sink.

  	However, I did notice the somewhat recent posting of 
draft-ietf-mboned-mcaddrdoc.  My draft seeks to include those 
documentation prefixes into the AS112 project as well as to modify the 
registry mentioned in RFC 6303.

 	I'm looking for feedback here from folks in this group.  I'm also 
asking DNSOP to consider the work for adoption by them.  I did a 
presentation at the Quebec City IETF outlining the original idea.

 	http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/81/slides/dnsop-1.pdf

 	Also, there's draft-michaelson-as112-ipv6 for consideration, which 
is the ipv6 counterpart to mine.  I'll be revising that one as well to 
speak to the IPv6 documentation prefixes in draft-ietf-mboned-mcaddrdoc.

Thanks,

wfms