Subject: [MBONED] Last Call: <draft-ietf-mboned-mcaddrdoc-03.txt> (Multicast Addresses for Documentation) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 15:32:24 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the MBONE Deployment WG (mboned) to
consider the following document:
- 'Multicast Addresses for Documentation'
  <draft-ietf-mboned-mcaddrdoc-03.txt> as an Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-05-02. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document discusses which multicast addresses should be used for
   documentation purposes and reserves multicast addresses for such use.
   Some multicast addresses are derived from AS numbers or unicast
   addresses.  This document also explains how these can be used for
   documentation purposes.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mboned-mcaddrdoc/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mboned-mcaddrdoc/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.