Subject: [mediactrl] Resonse to Adnans review questions

From: "Chris Boulton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 17:07:52 GMT

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'> 

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>Section 3.

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>            1.
Client informs server of package(s) it supports,<font size=2
color=blue face=Arial><span style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;
color:blue'> <span
style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:black'>(<example-package>),

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>        
however, in some cases the server may need to supply supported packages

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>        
to client, and then client selects one. Perhaps both mechanisms

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>        
should be supported, similar to sdp offer/answer model ?

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'> 

<span lang=EN-GB style='font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial'>[cjb] I agree that package knowledge is needed. 
It is envisioned that a specific mechanism will be used to allow a clients not
generating the request advertise exactly what it is capable of e.g. registering
media tags (see link as an example <a
href="http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-melanchuk-speechsc-serverloc-00.txt">http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-melanchuk-speechsc-serverloc-00.txt). 
We need to be able to strongly negotiate exactly what is to be transported down
the control channel.  I would argue that SDP in the offer/answer model
offers a full range of capabilities for the session and the entity answers with
either full/subset of the offer.  It does not add extras in the
answers.  There is nothing stopping the UAS generating a subsequent
re-INVITE request to try and add packages supported if they are required but
not initially offered.

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span lang=EN-GB style='font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:black'> 

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'> 

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>            2.
What happens if server does not support supplied example-package,

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>        
ie; is the connection still established and the pacakge can be

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>        
further re-negotiated ?

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'> 

<span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>[cjb] The draft currently reads:<font
size=2 color=black face=Arial><span style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;
color:black'> <span
style='font-size:10.0pt'>If<font size=2
face="Courier New">   the UAS does support the SIP extension contained in a SIP Require or<font
size=2 face="Courier New">   Supported header but does not support one or more of the Control<font
size=2 face="Courier New">   packages, as represented in the "Control-Packages" SIP header; It<font
size=2 face="Courier New">   MUST respond with a SIP "496 Unknown Control Package" response code.<font
size=2 face="Courier New">   The error response MUST conform to RFC 3261 [2] and MUST also include<font
size=2 face="Courier New">   a "Control-Packages" SIP header which lists the control packages from<font
size=2 face="Courier New">   the request that the UAS does not support.  This provides the<font
size=2 face="Courier New">   Controlling UAC with an explicit reason for failure and allows for<font
size=2 face="Courier New">   re-submission of the request without the un-supported control<font
size=2 face="Courier New">   package.

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'> 

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'> 

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'> Can packages be added anytime during

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>        
lifetime of connection ?

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'> 

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>[cjb] as per SIP – a re-INVITE can be
initiated to re-negotiate the session.

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'> 

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>            3.
Can multiple packages be requested by client? I assume so,

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>        
and this mechanism should be described.

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'> 

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>[cjb] Clarified text – you are correct
that multiple are allowed.

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'> 

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>            5.
A consistent package naming scheme along with revisioning should

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>        
be described.

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'> 

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>[cjb] I have included in TODO list for later
version.

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'> 

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>            4.
Is the control channel limited to the 'negotiated' package, ie

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>        
if over the established control channel, a request is issued

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>        
for an unstated package which the server supports, then should

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>        
the server reject such requests<font size=2 color=blue
face=Arial> <font
size=2 color=black face=Arial><span style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;
color:black'>? 

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'> 

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>[cjb] Yes as it wouldn’t understand the
syntax of the request in the context of the SIP dialog/control channel.  I
have added clarifying text.

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'> 

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>            5.
Q: would it not be possible to avoid mandating use of SDP.

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>        
Ie. connection established could be done with or without SDP,

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>        
by using additional header fields of INV. Avoiding a forced SDP

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>        
use would make the connection establishment transaction

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>        
flow simpler.

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'> 

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>[cjb] I need more info here.  The draft
currently relies very much on COMEDIA and I personally don’t see the
point of confusing the process.

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'> 

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>            6.
This section describes behaviour of client when it receives the

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>        
200 OK from server, but it does not describe the expected

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>        
behaviour when the server receives INV or other SIP methods

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>        
over this SIP dialog.

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'> 

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>[cjb] Does that need to be specified? 
Surely SIP is SIP, if a valid SIP INVITE is sent in the opposite direction then
the SDP is updated if valid?  If you think I need to clarify this then I
can put some text in.

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'> 

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>Section 4.

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>            1.
Although this section is left for future update, using P2P

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>        
type mechanism might be useful to consider for locating

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>        
external servers

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'> 

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>[cjb] Agreed.

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'> 

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>            2.
Also, location of external servers should be based on capabilities

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>        
of external servers; ie: locate based on what packages are

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>        
required by client and supported by servers (including package

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>         version
ids).

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'> 

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>[cjb] Agreed.  See earlier comment.

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'> 

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>      3. Load related
server location would be useful also. Ie. servers

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>        
could report load index, and then client could select one with

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>        
lowest current load index.

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'> 

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>[cjb] not sure that this draft is place for that
type of work – but it is important.

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'> 

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>Section 5.1

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>            1.
not clear what is being stated in this section. should be

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>        
reworded.

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'> 

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>[cjb] Done.

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'> 

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>Section 6.

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>            1.
A mechanism for defining and registering unique package tokens

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>        
should be described

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'> 

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>[cjb] All discussed.

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'> 

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>            2.
Revisions or versions of control packages should be taken into

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>        
consideration when client and server are discovering package

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>        
support by the server

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'> 

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>[cjb] Wouldn’t a revision of a control
package just result in a new IANA token being registered?  Why complicate
the process?

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'> 

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>Section 7.1

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>            1.
Not clear on what are "all required manditory and optional

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>        
control framework headers" are. Clarification required here.

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'> 

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>[cjb] I’ve added a table in syntax section
+ referenced it.

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'> 

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>            2.
Content-type should be requried specifying a registered

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>        
MIME type

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'> 

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>[cjb] I would like to discuss this one
further.  Currently I have added a ‘Control-Package’ header
which defines which of the negotiated control packages a request relates to. 
I was thinking that if you have specified the control package – do you
need to specify the payload type – only I think if you are potentially allowed
multiple payloads per request.  So would you just include Multipart as the
package MIME type?  Main question is, should we restrict to one payload
MIME type per package request?  

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'> 

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>            3.
5 sec timeout seems too low. Would recommend 15s.

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'> 

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>[cjb] Changed – see if anyone else has an
opinion in the 01 version.

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'> 

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>            4.
A transaction timeout and retry mechanism is required on the

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>        
client side, with a sequence number to ensure transactions

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>        
are not incorrectly executed multiple times on the server

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'> 

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>[cjb] Already in as an editors note for discussion
– probably wont make the 01.

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'> 

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>            5.
Should consider making a statement about transaction id

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>        
uniqueness within the client, size and wraparound.

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'> 

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>[cjb] Agreed.

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'> 

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>Section 7.1.2

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>            1.
Not sure but is it the purpose of continuous REPORT messages

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>        
(based on server specified timeout values) to ensure that

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>        
server has not encountered an error or to keep the session

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>        
alive in absence of traffic for a long period of time ?

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>         (ie.
is this mechanism for keep-alive control)

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'> 

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>[cjb]  It is used to carry subsequent info
+ keep-alive  the transaction if there is nothing to report.

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'> 

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'> 

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>Section 7.2

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>            1.
As the editor note indicates, I agree that ability to include

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>        
message body in Responses is very usefull and should be

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black'>        
included.
<span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:blue'> 

<p class=MsoPlainText style='margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0cm'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:blue'>[cjb] in 01.

<span style='font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:"Trebuchet MS"'> 

<span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'> 

Information contained in this e-mail and any attachments are intended for the use of the addressee only, and may contain confidential information of Ubiquity Software Corporation. All unauthorized use, disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the addressee, please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this email.  Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing signed by an officer of Ubiquity Software Corporation, nothing in this communication shall be deemed to be legally binding. Thank-you