Subject: [mediactrl] SIP Control Framework

From: "Even, Roni" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2006 14:54:20 GMT

<span style='font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>Hi,

<span style='font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>I read the SIP control framework draft and
tried to understand the email exchange about the architecture and the IVR. I
must say that I am very confused with the architecture described in the control
framework document in figure 1 and figure 4. 

<span style='font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>I think that the definition of what is the
UA entity and what is the Control client in relation to the XCON framework and
IMS may make it clearer.

<span style='font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>My assumptions are:

 <font size=2
     color=navy face=Arial>The
     UA is a SIP UA that may also support the conference control protocol as
     defined by XCON.
 <font size=2
     color=navy face=Arial>The
     conference server as described in XCON is decomposed to an Application
     server and a media server part.
 <font size=2
     color=navy face=Arial>The
     Control client here is also the AS part of the conference server in the
     XCON framework. So it gets both Conference control protocol and SIP dialog
     from user
 <font size=2
     color=navy face=Arial>The
     described protocol in the document is between the above AS and the media
     server part.

<span style='font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'> 

<span style='font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>Please let me know what the authors’
intentions were so I can continue with my feedback.

<span style='font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'> 

<span style='font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>Thanks

<span style='font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>Roni Even

---

From: "Chris Boulton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 10:09:15 GMT

<span style='font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>HI Roni,

<span style='font-size:

<span style='font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>Some comments in-line.

<span style='font-size:

<span style='font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>Chris.

<span style='font-size:

<span style='font-size:

<span
style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Tahoma'>-----Original Message-----
From: Even, Roni
[mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: 05 February 2006 15:03
To:
[email-masked]
Cc: Chris Boulton
Subject: SIP Control Framework 

<font size=3
face="Times New Roman"> 

<font size=2 color=navy
face=Arial>Hi,

<font size=2 color=navy
face=Arial>I read
the SIP control framework draft and tried to understand the email exchange
about the architecture and the IVR. I must say that I am very confused with the
architecture described in the control framework document in figure 1 and figure
4. 

<font size=2 color=navy
face=Arial>I think
that the definition of what is the UA entity and what is the Control client in
relation to the XCON framework and IMS may make it clearer.

<font size=2 color=navy
face=Arial>My
assumptions are:

<font size=2
color=navy face=Arial><span style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;
color:navy'>1.      
<span
style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>The UA is a SIP UA that
may also support the conference control protocol as defined by XCON.

<span
style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy;font-weight:bold;
font-style:italic'>[Chris Boulton] Correct.

<font size=2
color=navy face=Arial><span style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;
color:navy'>2.      
<span
style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>The conference server as
described in XCON is decomposed to an Application server and a media server
part.

<span
style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy;font-weight:bold;
font-style:italic'>[Chris Boulton] Correct.

<font size=2
color=navy face=Arial><span style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;
color:navy'>3.      
<span
style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>The Control client here
is also the AS part of the conference server in the XCON framework. So it gets
both Conference control protocol and SIP dialog from user

<span
style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy;font-weight:bold;
font-style:italic'>[Chris Boulton] Correct.

<font size=2
color=navy face=Arial><span style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;
color:navy'>4.      
<span
style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>The described protocol in
the document is between the above AS and the media server part.

<span
style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy;font-weight:bold;
font-style:italic'>[Chris Boulton] Correct.

<font size=2 color=navy
face=Arial> 

<font size=2 color=navy
face=Arial>Please
let me know what the authors’ intentions were so I can continue with my
feedback.

<font size=2 color=navy
face=Arial> 

<font size=2 color=navy
face=Arial>Thanks

<font size=2 color=navy
face=Arial>Roni
Even

Information contained in this e-mail and any attachments are intended for the use of the addressee only, and may contain confidential information of Ubiquity Software Corporation. All unauthorized use, disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the addressee, please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this email.  Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing signed by an officer of Ubiquity Software Corporation, nothing in this communication shall be deemed to be legally binding. Thank-you

---

From: "Even, Roni" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 12:08:30 GMT

<span style='font-size:

<span style='font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>I noticed the discussion about IMS. So
what is the relationship in the framework.

<span style='font-size:

<span style='font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>In XCON we have a conference server that
is decomposed here to AS and a MS (Media server).

<span style='font-size:

<span style='font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>Are you mapping it so that the XCON AS is
the IMS AS+MRFC and the XCON MS is the MRFP.

<span style='font-size:

<span style='font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>I suggest that the Framework will address
the decomposition in order to have a common base on what the packages do.

<span style='font-size:

<span style='font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>Roni

<span style='font-size:

<span style='font-size:

<font size=3
face="Times New Roman">

<span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Tahoma;font-weight:bold'>From:<font size=2
face=Tahoma> Chris Boulton
[mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2006
12:17 PM
To: Even, Roni;
[email-masked]
Subject: RE: SIP Control Framework

<span style='font-size:
12.0pt'> 

<span style='font-size:

<span style='font-size:

<span style='font-size:

<span style='font-size:

<span style='font-size:

<span style='font-size:

<span style='font-size:

<span

<span
style='font-size:12.0pt'> 

<span
style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>Hi,

<span
style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>I read the SIP control
framework draft and tried to understand the email exchange about the
architecture and the IVR. I must say that I am very confused with the
architecture described in the control framework document in figure 1 and figure
4. 

<span
style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>I think that the
definition of what is the UA entity and what is the Control client in relation
to the XCON framework and IMS may make it clearer.

<span
style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>My assumptions are:

<font size=2
color=navy face=Arial><span style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;
color:navy'>1.<span style='font-size:
7.0pt;color:navy'>       <font
size=2 color=navy face=Arial><span style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;
color:navy'>The UA is a SIP UA that may also support the conference control
protocol as defined by XCON.

<span

<font size=2
color=navy face=Arial><span style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;
color:navy'>2.<span style='font-size:
7.0pt;color:navy'>       <font
size=2 color=navy face=Arial><span style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;
color:navy'>The conference server as described in XCON is decomposed to an
Application server and a media server part.

<span

<font size=2
color=navy face=Arial><span style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;
color:navy'>3.<span style='font-size:
7.0pt;color:navy'>       <font
size=2 color=navy face=Arial><span style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;
color:navy'>The Control client here is also the AS part of the conference
server in the XCON framework. So it gets both Conference control protocol and
SIP dialog from user

<span

<font size=2
color=navy face=Arial><span style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;
color:navy'>4.<span style='font-size:
7.0pt;color:navy'>       <font
size=2 color=navy face=Arial><span style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;
color:navy'>The described protocol in the document is between the above AS and
the media server part.

<span

<span
style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'> 

<span
style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>Please let me know what
the authors’ intentions were so I can continue with my feedback.

<span
style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'> 

<span
style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>Thanks

<span
style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>Roni Even

<span style='font-size:
12.0pt'>

<span
style='font-size:7.5pt;font-family:Verdana'>Information contained in this
e-mail and any attachments are intended for the use of the addressee only, and
may contain confidential information of Ubiquity Software Corporation. All
unauthorized use, disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited.  If
you are not the addressee, please notify the sender immediately and destroy all
copies of this email.  Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing signed
by an officer of Ubiquity Software Corporation, nothing in this communication
shall be deemed to be legally binding. Thank-you