Subject: [mediactrl] RE: Question on Control Package

From: "Chris Boulton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 10:58:42 +0100

[Chris Boulton] Some comments in-line.

Hi Chris,

I have some questions obout the Control Package as it is
defined in
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-boulton-sip-control-framework-
03.t
xt

1) How to register a Control Package name? The section 15 of
   this internet draft is supposed to contain the registration
   information and template, but it is empty.

[Chris Boulton] This is still a work-in-progress and section 15(IANA
Considerations) will be fleshed out in the next few versions.

2) What is the scope of a Control Package? Is it supposed to
   combine a set of media control functions, or define a set
   of rules for the message flows, or define which type of
   body message is supported?

[Chris Boulton] It is a generic Control Framework and a Control Package
really defines all of the above using the template (Section 9).

3) Can "Control-Package" header contain more than one package?

[Chris Boulton] It most certainly can.

4) Can the "Control-Package" be changed via re-INVITE?

[Chris Boulton] That is a good question and one which needs to be
covered.  I don't see why you can't change the packages supported
mid-dialog BUT that would obviously have impact on current commands +
notifications.  This one needs more thought.

5) Is there any Control Package has been defined base on this
   control framework? If so, can you point me some good examples?

[Chris Boulton] Take a look at
https://developer.ubiquitysoftware.com/products/ietf-standards/media-ser
ver-control (just ignore the dodgy photo - yes I know Mr Burger).

[Chris Boulton] Note - new versions of all these documents will be
available soon.

Information contained in this e-mail and any attachments are intended for the use of the addressee only, and may contain confidential information of Ubiquity Software Corporation.  All unauthorized use, disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the addressee, please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this email.  Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing signed by an officer of Ubiquity Software Corporation, nothing in this communication shall be deemed to be legally binding.  Thank you.

--------------------------
Ubiquity Software does not control or endorse the content, messages or information found in this mail list and it specifically disclaims any liability with regard to these communications.
Ubiquity Software reserves the right the restrict access to any communications in violation of the Terms and Conditions of Use for this website or as otherwise deemed improper.