Subject: Re: [MEDIACTRL] Framework: Transaction Timeout (again)

From: "Chris Boulton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 14:10:12 -0000

Back in IETF 71 we discussed the Transaction Timeout. This is the  
maximum time between a participant in the transaction issues a  
framework message and it receives a response.

The current (-08) text does not really say anything implementable.  
Given the discussion at IETF 71, how does the following look:

Transaction-Timeout:  the maximum allowed time between a Control  
Client or Server issuing a framework message and receiving a  
corresponding response.  The value for 'Transaction-Timeout' is 5  
seconds.

[Chris Boulton] I have no problems with this change.

Chris.

If what we are really saying in the definitions section is some  
normative text for the Timeout header, let's make it clear and say so.

_______________________________________________
MEDIACTRL mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mediactrl
Supplemental Web Site:
http://www.standardstrack.com/ietf/mediactrl