Subject: Re: [MEDIACTRL] Framework: Passive Entity Error Recovery

From: "Chris Boulton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 14:13:53 -0000

Section 6.3.3.2 says:

If no K-ALIVE message is received or a transport level problem is  
detected by some other means before the local keep alive timer fires,  
the 'passive' entity SHOULD tear down the SIP dialog and recover the  
associated control channel resources.  The 'active' entity MAY try to  
recover the connection by renegotiating using COMEDIA.

This text does not meet the SHOULD ... UNLESS (MAY) construction. Note  
the SHOULD is a restriction on the 'passive' entity, while the MAY is  
a restriction on the 'active' entity. That means there is still no  
text describing when the 'passive' entity SHOULD NOT tear down the SIP  
dialog.

Is there any reason for the 'passive' entity to simply tear down  
(MUST) the SIP dialog in this situation?

[Chris Boulton] I agree that this is not clear.  I will craft with more
clarity.

Chris.

_______________________________________________
MEDIACTRL mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mediactrl
Supplemental Web Site:
http://www.standardstrack.com/ietf/mediactrl