Subject: ASN syntax change

From: sadiq rehman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 08:14:06 MDT

Hai to all,

I want to know what are the changes we have to do in ASN1 draft file to
use the same ASN syatax for Binary and Text Encoding/Decoding.

Is there any site to get some information on binary and text encoding and
decoding .

where we can get more information on H248 protocol .

Can we change ASN syntax for binary encoding and decoding ,

I HAVE THE FOLLOWING QUERIES

1.If we compile ASN file with the ASN1 compiler , i am getting .c and .h

file , The header file clearly tells that we have to allocate memory
dynamically , i want to allocate memory statically by using array scheme
instead of pointer mechanism 

Advanced Thanks

sadiq

____________________________________________________________________
Get free email and a permanent address at http://www.netaddress.com/?N=1

---

From: "Rosen, Brian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 18:42:12 -0400

You cannot use the same ASN syntax for text encoding.  Although the
semantics are the same, the syntax is different.  You have to use
the ABNF for text, and the ASN1 for binary.

There are many ASN1 compilers out there, most are commercial programs.
What I'm familiar with uses dynamic memory allocation, but there might
be one out there that uses all static allocation.  Might be pretty
tough!

Brian

> -----Original Message-----
> From: sadiq rehman [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Wednesday, September 27, 2000 10:14 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: ASN syntax change
>
>
> Hai to all,
>