Subject: Network Package: Event network failure

From: Chuong Nguyen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 08:15:43 -0500

Hi All,

In the Network Package there is an Event, network failure:
"The termination generates this event upon detection of a failure due to
external or internal
network reasons."

1) Is this package only intended for ephermeral termination or physical
termination too?
     Does it make sense to used it for TDM termination?

2) During normal call setup, is the expectation that the MGC will always
have to specify this
     event when adding an ephermeral termination?

3) Is this event intended to be used after call setup to notify MGC that
there is some
     network problem related to this termination associated w/this
event?

4) If this event is received at MGC, has the termination been put out of
service too?

5) Will the MGC get a ServiceChange w/Method=Forced on this termination
      w/Reason =
            904 Termination malfunctioning
            905 Termination taken out of service
            906 Loss of lower layer connectivity
            907 Transmission Failure
    after the notify or before the notify?

It seems like we have 2 ways to report that a termination is not
working.

Thanks
Chuong

--
  Alcatel USA, Inc             Internet: [email-masked]
  1000 Coit Road Plano, Texas 75075           Phone:    (972) 519-4613
  **** The opinions expressed are not those of Alcatel USA, Inc ****