Subject: how to assign rtp profile and codec

From: Shlomo Kabaz ECItelecom <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 18:06:54 +0300

Hi , all .
Can anyone tell me where do i find  a  complete list of the rtp profiles
that can be received by me as a MG
from an MGC , in text encoding ?
Another thing i do not understand is : when getting a rtp profile in text
encoding , does the profile include also the
codec ?
And , also when coding in binary how do i give the codec and what do i
assign in the "RTPpayload" in annex "C" ?

thanks , shlomo ECI

---

From: Tom-PT Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 18:47:15 -0400

The RTP/AVP profile, which gives you payload type names for RTP over UDP, is
defined in RFC 1890 and its soon-to-be replacement,
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-profile-new-09.txt

I think there is a corresponding RTP/ATM profile in the ATM-SDP draft which
Rajesh Kumar is editing.

Binary encodings probably have to be taken from H.245 AudioCapability
encodings, although lately they have taken to using registered object
identifiers rather than specific codepoint assignments.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Shlomo Kabaz ECItelecom [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Wednesday, September 20, 2000 11:07 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: how to assign rtp profile and codec
>
>
> Hi , all .