Subject: Transaction Reply Context=ALL, wilcard response

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2000 12:22:34 +1100

G'Day all,

Perhaps someone can provide a clarification.

In the scenario where I do a
SUB(Context=ALL,Termination=?,),Wildcard-response.

Do I get in the transaction reply?

a)   a single TransactionReply[SUB(Context=ALL,Termination=?)]

or

b)   multiple commands replies
       TransactionReply[SUB(Context=1,Termination=?),
                        SUB(Context=2,Termination=?)
                        :
                        SUB(Context=*,Termination=?)

There's some ambiguity in the text.

Cheers, Christian

---

From: Shalini Philip <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2000 14:12:20 +0530

Hello Christian, list,

    Since wildcard option is requested at the command level, the
returned Transaction
Reply should be as given in b).
The text in all the command descriptions says the following :
"If a wildcarded response is requested, only one command return is
generated, with
   the contents containing the union of the values of all Terminations
   matching the wildcard. "

The above statement implies that the union is taken for command replies
for the terminations matching the wildcard terminationId and not for the
wildcard ContextId.

Thanks & Regards,
  Shalini Philip.

Christian Groves wrote:

> Notice to Recipient:
> This message is intended only for the use of the Addressee
> and may contain information that is proprietary and confidential
> and/or privileged by law. If you received this e-mail in error,
> any review, use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this
> e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in
> error, please notify us immediately of the error by return e-mail
> and please delete this message and all attachments from your system.
> Thank you.

--
Regards,

Shalini Philip
Globespan Inc.
E-Mail : mailto:[email-masked]
Web    : http://www.globespan.net