Subject: Wildcard command with CHOOSE

From: "Rosen, Brian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 09:05:00 -0400

The text currently states:
When ALL is used in the TerminationID of a command, the effect is
   identical to repeating the command with each of the matching
   TerminationIDs.  Since each of these commands may generate a
   response, the size of the entire response may be large.  If
   individual responses are not required, a wildcard response may be
   requested.  In such a case, a single response is generated, which
   contains the UNION of all of the individual responses which
   otherwise would have been generated, with duplicate values
   suppressed.

Notice that this seems to imply that wildcard response can
only be used with ALL.  I think this is incorrect, and it
can be used with CHOOSE as in W-Audit=term/*{Audit{...

This is grist for the Implementer's Guide.

Brian

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 03:13:33 +1100

G'Day Brian,

Do we really need to specify this? If you do a w- TermID=? you're only
going to get back one set of values whether or not you have w-.

Below is the text I intend on adding to the implementors guide based on
one of your previous examples.

Does this help at all?

Cheers, Christian
=============================================================
9.3     Audit Response with and without wilcard response (w-)

Description:    There is some confusion on what should be sent in the
response to an Audit in the cases where you have wilcarded the context
or termination and have specified wildcarded response.
Reference:      Subject: RE: Audit of Packages
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 09:42:31 -0400
From: "Rosen, Brian" <[email-masked]>
To: "'Christian Groves'" <[email-masked]>
CC: [email-masked]

[Begin Clarification]
Assume the gateway has 4 terminations : t1/1, t1/2, t2/1 and t2/2
Assume terminations t1/* has implemented packages aaa and bbb and
terminations t2/* has implemented packages ccc and ddd.
Assume context 1 has t1/1 and t2/1 in it, and context 2 has t1/2 and
t2/2 in it.
The command:
Context=1{Audit=t1/1{Audit{Packages}}
Returns:
Context=1{Audit=t1/1{Packages{aaa,bbb}}}}
The command:
Context=*{Audit=t2/*{Audit{Packages}}
Returns:
Context=1{Audit=t2/1{Packages{ccc,ddd}}},
Context=2{Audit=t2/2{Packages{ccc,ddd}}}
The command:
Context=*{W-Audit=*{Audit{Packages}}
Returns:
Context=*{W-Audit=*{Packages{aaa,bbb,ccc,ddd}}
[End Clarification]
=============================================================