Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-megaco-naspkg-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 06:46:42 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Media Gateway Control Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Megaco/H.248 NAS Package
        Author(s)       : J. Mitchell, T. Taylor, A. Whitton, R. Subramaniam
        Filename        : draft-ietf-megaco-naspkg-01.txt
        Pages           : 17
        Date            : 27-Sep-00

This document is work in progress, intended to satisfy the
requirements in section 11.2.5 of the Megaco/H.248 requirements
document [5].  It defines five packages:
- the base NAS package contains properties and events supported by
all NAS terminations;
- the NAS Incoming package contains properties and events
supported by NAS terminations involved in calls initiated by the
circuit network;
- the NAS Outgoing package contains properties supported by NAS
terminations involved in calls outgoing to the circuit network;
- the NAS Control package contains an event supported by a NAS
Control termination, which allows the MG to indicate a request to
initiate a data connection to a terminal served by the switched
circuit network;
- the NAS ROOT package contains properties supported by an MG which
is also capable of supporting at least the NAS and NAS Incoming
packages.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-megaco-naspkg-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
        "get draft-ietf-megaco-naspkg-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
        [email-masked].
In the body type:
        "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-megaco-naspkg-01.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
        MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
        feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
        command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
        a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
        exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
        "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
        up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
        how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.