Subject: Re: Profiles in Service Change

From: Michael P DiGioia <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 09:18:30 -0400

Brian,

> > So does that mean that nobody can make an MG which supports more than
> > one profile? :-)

>One way to get around the limitation is to try to get
>service using the most "featurefull" profile.  If you fail
>to find an MGC that can serve that profile, try again with
>a different profile.

I agree. I believe the point is that any one MG can support one or more
profile, however, once the most featurefull profile is found to be accepted
by an MGC, use it.

What we build into our IpPhone MG is our choice. I don't believe this limits
us in any way. If so, how?

/mpd

---

From: Flemming Andreasen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 10:00:42 -0400

> profile, however, once the most featurefull profile is found to be accepted

I disagree as Brian's comments assumes a meaningful ordering relation between
(at least a resonable subset of) profiles based on some set of features
supported. I don't see that. Christian's proposal of allowing a listing of
profiles seemed pretty good to me - what was wrong with this again ?

-- Flemming

--
Flemming Andreasen
Cisco Systems