Subject: Tone ID vs Tone ID list

From: Naren Tulpule <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 11:42:16 -0700

Hi,
  in tonegen/tonedet and derived packages, for signal/event parameters, we
have two codepoints - tid (0x0003) for tone ID and tl (0x0001) for tone ID
list. Since they will be followed by 'parmValue' which can be '= VALUE' or
list of values (e.g. '= [VALUE, VALUE, ...]' for AND of values) why do we
need a seperate tid and tl? Is there a semantic difference between the two?

-- Naren.
These views and opinions are mine alone, not those of Intel    (yet ;-),
Narendra C. Tulpule SMTS, Trillium (an Intel company)
Ph: +1-310-442-9222              Fax: +1-310-442-1162
12100 Wilshire Bl #1800         Los Angeles, CA 90025

---

From: Tom-PT Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 19:06:25 -0400

Looking at section E.4 Tone Detection Package as a specific instance, tl is
a parameter of the event as configured in the EventDescriptor (i.e. look for
the tone(s) listed in tl).  tid is a parameter of the event passed back in a
Notify -- it says "the tone(s) listed in tid were detected".  It's possible
to think of using the "AND" or "OR" syntax for tl, but tid has to be
specified as a list in the package definition because the order in which the
tones were detected matters.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Naren Tulpule [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Friday, September 15, 2000 2:42 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Tone ID vs Tone ID list
>
>
> Hi,