Subject: Audit of Packages

From: "Rosen, Brian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 11:39:01 -0400

In some private correspondence, there was some continuing
confusion on auditValue of Packages.  Here is my current
understanding:

1. If you audit ROOT, using NULL context, you get the list
of Packages implemented on ROOT. You don't get Packages
implemented on any other terminations.

2. If you audit ALL, using NULL context, you get the union of
packages implemented on any termination in NULL.  Since, right
after boot, all terminations are in NULL, this is the normal
way you get the list of packages implemented on the gateway.
A notable side effect:
        ROOT is not in ALL.
        Therefore, Context=-{AuditValue=*{Audit{Packages}}}
                DOES NOT get you packages implemented on ROOT

3. If you audit ALL, using ALL context, you get the union
of packages implemented on any termination in any Context other
than NULL.  You would do this if you needed the packages list
when some terminations were in contexts other than NULL.

Please note that if you ask for an audit of ALL in ALL, and there
are no terminations in Contexts other than NULL, you get an
error (431 - No TerminationID matched a wildcard).

Is that everyone else's understanding?

Brian

---

From: Chuong Nguyen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 15:56:41 -0500

> error (431 - No TerminationID matched a wildcard).

It will always be confusing if ALL does not always really mean ALL.

I guess it is ok as long as it is clearly stated somewhere.
But why restricts ALL to terminations not in the NULL context?

--
  Alcatel USA, Inc             Internet: [email-masked]
  1000 Coit Road Plano, Texas 75075           Phone:    (972) 519-4613
  **** The opinions expressed are not those of Alcatel USA, Inc ****

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 10:05:05 +1100

G'Day Brian,

What does the response look like in 3) below in the case of normal
response and in the case of w- wilcard response?

Cheers, Christian