Subject: doubts on MG restart

From: Lee Hong <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 11:30:24 -0700

Hi everybody,

I have some doubts regarding MG restart.  When MG restarts, how does MGC
get the IP address
of MG and TDM interface information(like TDM termination ID) from MG?

Thanks,
Lee

---

From: "Rosen, Brian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 14:38:44 -0400

The MG sends ServiceChange to the MGC.  It then knows the IP
address to use to contact the MG.  It would then audit the
MG to find out what capabilities it has.  That includes the
terminationIds.

There are some issues associated with what is connected to
the MG, as opposed to what the MG has internally.  Those issues
are outside the scope of Megaco, and are usually dismissed
with a "that's provisioning" statement.  I don't personally
like that answer because it implies that there is some kind
of database that BOTH the MG and MGC need access to, but that
is the way it is now.

Brian

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Lee Hong [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Wednesday, September 20, 2000 2:30 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: doubts on MG restart
>
>
> Hi everybody,
>