Subject: Re: Transaction Reply Context=ALL, wilcard response

From: "Rosen, Brian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2000 19:57:40 -0400

I don't think you can do a subtract with CHOOSE.
You could use ALL, but not choose.

If you ask for a wildcard response, I think you get one response per
value found, if they are different.  Since you get statistics on
results, any identical statistics reports would only be
repeated once.  So. assuming you used ALL, I'd expect:
C=1{Subtract=*{Statistics{...}, Statistics{...}....}.
C=2{...
....

-----Original Message-----
From: Christian Groves
To: [email-masked]
Sent: 9/3/00 9:22 PM
Subject: Transaction Reply Context=ALL, wilcard response

G'Day all,

Perhaps someone can provide a clarification.

In the scenario where I do a
SUB(Context=ALL,Termination=?,),Wildcard-response.

Do I get in the transaction reply?

a)   a single TransactionReply[SUB(Context=ALL,Termination=?)]

or

b)   multiple commands replies
       TransactionReply[SUB(Context=1,Termination=?),
                        SUB(Context=2,Termination=?)
                        :
                        SUB(Context=*,Termination=?)

There's some ambiguity in the text.

Cheers, Christian

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 11:39:56 +1100

G'Day Brian and Shalini,

I agree with CHOOSE I stuffed up and put ? instead of *.

What I find confusing is the text Shalini quoted, it says "only one
command return". This implies a). In the ASN1 and ABNF allows the MG to
return Context=ALL but this isn't
clear in the text.

Is it desirable to have C=* returned as a short cut? The encoding
supports it and the text I think is abiguous.

Alternatively do you have some clarifying text?

Cheers, Christian

---

From: Shalini Philip <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 13:51:20 +0530

Hello Brian, Christian & list.

        The example given below shows multiple Statistics descriptors in
the descriptor list for a command reply. I believe,
the common understanding is that only the digit map descriptor and the
error descriptors are the only two descriptors
which can be repeated. If other descriptors can also be repeated, then
we can have multiple Mux descriptors, if the
MG supports multiple MUX types.
Also since it is not feasible to take the union of SDP definitions in
local and remote descriptors, I guess we can even have
multiple local and remote descriptors , or do we put them as multiple
SDP definitions in the same local/remote descriptor.

Thanks & Regards,
  Shalini Philip.

"Rosen, Brian" wrote:

> Notice to Recipient:
> This message is intended only for the use of the Addressee
> and may contain information that is proprietary and confidential
> and/or privileged by law. If you received this e-mail in error,
> any review, use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this
> e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in
> error, please notify us immediately of the error by return e-mail
> and please delete this message and all attachments from your system.
> Thank you.

--
Regards,

Shalini Philip
Globespan Inc.
E-Mail : mailto:[email-masked]
Web    : http://www.globespan.net