Subject: Re: Audit capability with Media descriptor token in Audit descrip tor.

From: "Rosen, Brian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 10:58:51 -0400

There has been some discussion on this lately.

There are two issues:
        1) what is the descriptors returned
        2) what is the contents of the Local/Remote descriptor

The former is easy.  It's somewhat dependent on the capability
of the MG, but you would get a stream descriptor for each of
the streams the MG could possibly support, with local, remote
and localControl descriptors for each of them.  If the MG only
supported one stream, it COULD return just the local, remote,
localControl (and TerminationState) descriptors in the Media
descriptor.

The latter is a little less certain.
I think that you get a pretty expansive SDP (let's stick with
text encoding), with each possible value of each of the lines
(m=, a=..) listed.

A sticky issue is whether you need to return combinations of
values when there is more than one parameter in a line.  I'd
say no. You also are not expected to return all address
possibilities, or even address formats.

Does that help?

Brian

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Madhu Babu [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Friday, September 15, 2000 10:12 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Audit capability with Media descriptor token in Audit
> descriptor.
>
>
> What is the response expected from MG when MGC generates
> Audit capability
> command with Media descriptor token present in Audit descriptor.
> Regards
> -Madhubabu
> Hughes Software Systems.
>