Subject: SDP usage in appendix A

From: Naren Tulpule <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2000 13:25:49 -0700

Hi list,
  I have some syntax questions regarding the examples of SDP use given in
appendix A. I realize it's "informative", but I'd like to know if
implementations are going to have a similar behavior.

1. c=IN IP4 $
        I think this has come up in the list. Are we going to use 0.0.0.0 or
- or $ or....?

2. a=fmtp:PCMU VAD=X-NNVAD
        Can someone tell me which RFC/draft this use of fmtp appears in? I
tried RFCs 2733, 2833 and 2848 but couldn't match the syntax.

3. Use of ";" to start a comment.
        I don't think SDP should use Megaco style comments - ";" can also be
a delimiter in some attribute values.

4. escaping "}" in SDP strings
        I don't know if  "}" can appear in SDP attribute or VcId or other
values. Nonetheless to be safe, especially on the MGC side when you might
just want to treat SDP description as opaque, why not delimit the the
description with a line that starts with "==" (two "=" symbols) or a similar
illegal combination? Using "\}" is really not feasible.

-- Naren.
Narendra C. Tulpule    SMTS, Trillium Digital Systems
Ph: +1-310-442-9222              Fax: +1-310-442-1162
12100 Wilshire Bl #1800         Los Angeles, CA 90025

-- Naren.
Narendra C. Tulpule    SMTS, Trillium Digital Systems
Ph: +1-310-442-9222              Fax: +1-310-442-1162
12100 Wilshire Bl #1800         Los Angeles, CA 90025