Subject: Negotiation

From: Paddu Melanahalli <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 17:16:11 -0700

Hi,
   If some one has answers pls let me know.

1. How can MGC decide on Binary or Text mode data exchange?
   If it is part of negotiations (if any), then what would
   be the megaco command.
2. Is this binary or text mode depends on tcp/udp port specific?
   If so pls let me know detailed specifications? or where can I
   get'em.

Thanks in advance.
Paddu

--
                Enthusiasm
You can do anything... if you have Enthusiasm.
Enthusiasm is the yeast makes your hopes rise to the stars.
Enthusiasm is the sparkle in you eyes.
Enthusiasm   with it there is accomplishment,
                       without it there are only alibis
                                     --- Henry Ford's motto
________________________________________________________

C i s c o  S y s t e m s.  Paddu Melanahalli, NSSU
Voice:(408)525 5236 Fax: (408)527 1568  Pgr:(408)788 8275
 Email: [email-masked]
________________________________________________________

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 15:44:46 +1100

G'Day Paddu,

There is no negotiation of Binary or Text. In an IP environment
different defaults ports are used to differentiate between the binary
and text version of the protocol.

In non-IP transports the use of binary or text will be decided at
provisioning.

Cheers, Christian