Subject: How to determine which encoding scheme is to be used between MG and MGC?

From: YouLing Sha <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 17:22:58 -0400

If the MG support both binary and text encoding scheme, what is the mechanism to determine which encoding is going to be used by the MG? 
In other words, how the MG and MGC come to the agreement to chose the ABNF encoding or the ASN.1 encoding, if both are supported by the MG and the MGC?
Thanks.

Regards,
YouLing Sha

---

From: "Tom-PT Taylor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 21:18:53 -0400

The MG chooses because it makes the initial contact.  The port number to
which it addresses the initial ServiceChange depends on the encoding.  (This
is assuming the decision hasn't been configured in the first place.)

-----Original Message-----
From: YouLing Sha [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2001 5:23 PM
To: [email-masked]'
Subject: How to determine which encoding scheme is to be used between MG
and MGC?

If the MG support both binary and text encoding scheme, what is the
mechanism to determine which encoding is going to be used by the MG? 
In other words, how the MG and MGC come to the agreement to chose the ABNF
encoding or the ASN.1 encoding, if both are supported by the MG and the MGC?
Thanks.

Regards,
YouLing Sha