Subject: Stray RTP/RTCP packets.

From: "Madhu Babu Brahmanapally" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 14:47:50 -0400

HI All,
I was going through some mails in the SIP list and found the following
situation.
MG is exchanging traffic with a SIP UA, and due to some reason the UA
crashes and comes back, without any knowledge about the earlier sessions.
But the UA is receiving so called stray RTP/RTCP packets. Does the MG (which
is generating these stray RTP/RTCP packets) after receiving any ICMP errors
packets need to react on it??? IMO the MGC has to take necessary action when
the other MG/UAs fails??

-Regards
Madhubabu

---

From: "Tom-PT Taylor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 15:35:21 -0400

The context of the original discussion was that the MGC restarted and lost
track of the media session.  One could say on the one hand that it's up to
the MGC to do periodic audits to make sure it is in synch with the MG.  On
the other hand, I wonder if ICMP could trigger some sort of event back up to
the MGC.  There might be security issues to consider.

-----Original Message-----
From: Madhu Babu Brahmanapally [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, June 08, 2001 2:48 PM
To: megaco
Subject: Stray RTP/RTCP packets.

HI All,

-Regards
Madhubabu