Subject: RE: Megaco response/notify routing

From: "Sean Leahy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 11:15:45 +0100

Hello,
     Can someone clarify that if the MGC during the initial registration on
ROOT, wishes to change the port
numbers to be used for further communication should it respond to the MG Service
Change message using a
new Service Change Address or a Service Change MgcId parameter or does it matter
?

     Sean Leahy
     Marconi

---

From: "Madhu Babu Brahmanapally" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 09:05:26 -0400

HI Sean,
The excerpt below might by useful.
   "The optional ServiceChangeAddress parameter specifies the address
   (e.g., IP port number for IP networks) to be used for subsequent
   communications.  It can be specified in the input parameter
   descriptor or the returned result descriptor.  ServiceChangeAddress
   and ServiceChangeMgcId parameters must not both be present in the
   ServiceChangeDescriptor or the ServiceChangeResultDescriptor.  The
   ServiceChangeAddress provides an address to be used within the
   context of the association currently being negotiated, while the
   ServiceChangeMgcId provides an alternate address where the MG should
   seek to establish another association."

Regards
Madhubabu Brahmanapally

-----Original Message-----
From: Sean Leahy [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, June 18, 2001 6:16 AM
To: Madhu Babu Brahmanapally
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: Megaco response/notify routing

Hello,
     Can someone clarify that if the MGC during the initial registration on
ROOT, wishes to change the port
numbers to be used for further communication should it respond to the MG
Service
Change message using a
new Service Change Address or a Service Change MgcId parameter or does it
matter
?

     Sean Leahy
     Marconi