Subject: Continuity Test Package reference

From: Terry L Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 11:31:31 -0400

E.10 Basic Continuity Package has no reference to a source for detail of
the ct tone, the "appropriate response tone" in rsp for 2-wire circuits
and other details of the test procedures.  I believe the correct
reference is Q.724 Section 7 & 8.  I propose adding:

    Tones and test procedure details are given in Q.724 sections 7 and
8.

to the description in sec E.10 and the formal reference to Sec 2.1
Normative references through the Implementors Guide. Can we make only
sections 7 & 8 normative?

Any objections?

--
------------------------------------------------------------
Terry L Anderson              mailto:[email-masked]
Tel:908.582.7013   Fax:908.582.6729
Lucent Technologies/INS/Voice Over IP Access Networks
Rm 2B-121, 600 Mountain Av, Murray Hill, NJ 07974
http://its.lucent.com/~tla (Lucent internal) http://www.gti.net/tla

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 12:19:29 +1000

G'Day Terry,

You could try adding it as a note. Its informative then and no ITU
impementations could also use this package. If you add an normative note
then you tie this to the ITU, not that I think that's a bad thing.

Christian