Subject: Concept of Stream ID Zero

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 19:50:55 +0530

Hi everybody, tom, brian,

In the section 7.1.9 of the protocol, it is written that stream ID 0 indicates
that the event to be detected is not related to a particular media stream.

This statement is little confusing. Does it imply that stream ID 0 means all
media streams in case multiple streams have been created on the specified
termination. And if yes, does it also imply that if the specified event is
detected on all  media streams, then only it shall be  reported to the MGC.

Another interpretation of the stream ID 0 can be that the specified event is to
be detected on any of the streams in case multiple streams exist simultaneously.
And in this case event shall be reported to MGC if it is detected over any of
the streams on the specified termination.

Please clarify my doubt.

Thanks,
Prashant Jain

---

From: "Madhu Babu Brahmanapally" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 10:58:35 -0400

Hi Prashant,
IMO the first argument is definitely not true..since you can't expect an
event to occur simultaneously on all the streams on the given termination.
The second possibility can be true as the stream Identifier is of not much
significance, the event needs to be reported if recognized on any of the
streams. Infact if there is no media stream (I mean no transfer of
media)..the same argument for StreamId 0 holds good, as there is no
significance for the stream Id. Then The events will be detected on the
termination (which maps to a physical line or one or more DS0s).

-Regards
Madhubabu

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2001 10:21 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Concept of Stream ID Zero

In the section 7.1.9 of the protocol, it is written that stream ID 0
indicates
that the event to be detected is not related to a particular media stream.

Another interpretation of the stream ID 0 can be that the specified event is
to
be detected on any of the streams in case multiple streams exist
simultaneously.
And in this case event shall be reported to MGC if it is detected over any
of
the streams on the specified termination.

Please clarify my doubt.

Thanks,
Prashant Jain