Subject: difference between servicechangeaddress and servicechangeMgcId

From: Lalit Kumar <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 11:36:56 +0530

hi,
   I was going through RFC3015 section 7.2.8. It says that 
    "The ServiceChangeAddress provides an address to be used within the
context of the association currently being negotiated, while the
serviceChangeMgcId provides an alternative address where the MG should seek
to establish another association."

	Can somebody explain the role of association??
	Since both cannot be used simultaneously when should MGC use
serviceChangeAddress and when should it use serviceChangeMgcId?? 

	Thanks in advance,

With Regards,
lalit

---

From: "Madhu Babu Brahmanapally" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 09:47:35 -0400

Hi Lalit,
The serviceChangeMgcId is sent from the MGC when it doesn't accept the
registration request from the MG. And hence the serviceChangeMgcId is set to
another MGC. In case the MGC accepts the registration request from the MG,
the serviceChangeAddress is used to specify address to which further
commands/responses need to be sent. Hope this answers your query.
-Regards
Madhubabu

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Lalit Kumar
Sent: Monday, June 18, 2001 2:07 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: difference between servicechangeaddress and servicechangeMgcId

hi,

	Thanks in advance,

With Regards,
lalit