Subject: Digitmap timers : how to cancel them ?

From: Cristina Sanchez <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 11:43:44 +0200

Hello,

Let's assume the MG has provisioned some default values for the digitmap
timers and the MGC wants to eliminate the Start Timer (i.e. infinite
wait)

This requirement arises when the subscriber can activate a special
service by dialing some digits during the conversation phase (e.g. call
transference)

I see one only one  possibility : the MGC sends a digitmap descriptor
with no start timer configuration (i.e. no "T:" field). But, can the MG
interpret this command as maintaining the existing default value ?

Is there an explicit way of setting the digitmap Start Timer to infinite
?

Regards,
Cristina

---

From: "PSK Chakravarthi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 17:33:59 +0530

Cristina,

Instead of digit map you can arm an event to detect any DTMF digit and send
embedded event descriptor with digit map.  After detecting any DTMF digit, MG
sends Notify command with the digit dialed and makes the digit map active.  In
this scenario MG will not start first digit timer for detecting DTMF digit.

regards
Chak