Subject: ASN.1 PkgdName wildcard comments.

From: Troy Cauble <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 16:38:57 -0400

Greetings,

The following Annex A comment refers to "Property Name"
which is too specific (PkgdName is used for lots
of things.)  The phrase should be replaced.

   PkgdName ::= OCTET STRING(SIZE(4))
   -- represents Package Name (2 octets) plus Property Name (2 octets)
   -- To wildcard a package use 0xFFFF for first two octets, choose
   -- is not allowed. To reference native property tag specified in
   -- Annex C, use 0x0000 as first two octets.
   -- Wildcarding of Package Name is permitted only if Property Name is
   -- also wildcarded.

Also, it states that you can wildcard a "Property Name",
but not how.

Note that 7.1.9 also states that the EventID portion
(referred to here as "Property Name") of an Event name
can be wild carded.

I suggest the following rewording.

-troy

   PkgdName ::= OCTET STRING(SIZE(4))
   -- represents Package Name (2 octets) plus an Property, Event,
   -- Signal, or Statistics ID. (2 octets)
   -- To wildcard a package use 0xFFFF for the first two octets, choose
   -- is not allowed. To reference native property tag specified in
   -- Annex C, use 0x0000 as first two octets.
   -- To wildcard a Property, Event, Signal, or Statistics ID, use 
   -- 0xFFFF for last two octets, choose is not allowed. 
   -- Wildcarding of Package Name is permitted only if the Property,
   -- Event, Signal, or Statistics ID is also wildcarded.

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 11:22:58 +1000

G'Day Troy, All,

At the SG16 meeting I gave up the editorship of the Implementors' Guide.
I have other commitments which meant I couldn't spend the necessary
time. 

The new editor is: Terry Anderson <[email-masked]>

Cheers, Christian

PS: The change below is OK.

---

From: Troy Cauble <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 10:15:59 -0400

> The new editor is: Terry Anderson <[email-masked]>

Thanks Christian for all the work.

Was IG v7 approved?  

Has it changed since it was posted to
http://standard.pictel.com/ftp/avc-site/0105_Por/DC-xxx_H248_Implementors_Additions_v7.zip
?

-troy

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 14:48:55 +1000

G'Day Troy,

There were 2 changes: adding something with regards to EQUAL in digitmap
and removing 6.82 on servicechange for the next revision of the
implementors' guide/h248v2.

Christian

---

From: Troy Cauble <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 17:49:48 -0400

If it was approved, shouldn't a version of
the document that reflects this exist?

...so we can all read what was approved.

-troy

---

From: Troy Cauble <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 18:02:38 -0400

Whoops!  I cleaned out my mailbox and saw that the
reference has already been posted.  This is the version
approved at ITU SG16

 ftp://standard.pictel.com/avc-site/0105_Por/PL-015_H248_imp_guide.zip

-troy