Subject: Megaco modifies SDP

From: "Paul Long" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 11:07:29 -0500

Why were the s=, t=, and o= SDP lines made optional even though the SDP spec
itself specifies that they are mandatory? This change means that one cannot
use a strictly (RFC2327-) compliant SDP codec with Megaco. What would it
have hurt for Megaco to use SDP unchanged? Why go to the trouble of
effectively amending SDP?

Paul Long
ipDialog, Inc.

---

From: Troy Cauble <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 12:14:52 -0400

> effectively amending SDP?

Note that the "*" and "$" notations are changes too.
Not that thats an argument for the changes you pointed out.

-troy

---

From: "Paul Long" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 11:22:54 -0500

Troy,

But, as I understand it, those do not change SDP syntax because they merely
specify the meaning of specific, reserved values. They therefore leave SDP
syntax alone and _extend_ SDP semantics somewhat. The s=/t=/o= changes
actually change the syntax.

Paul Long
ipDialog, Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2001 11:15 AM
To: Paul Long
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Megaco modifies SDP

-troy