Subject: How to Determine the Termination Type

From: "Sarju Garg" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 14:22:46 +0530

Hi all,

Suppose MG application supports RTP, PSTN termination. The termination are allocated by the MG application for a call? So the ADD command specify $ for the termination name so that MG can allocate a termination  and return it to MGC application. How does the MG application come to know that receiving an ADD command is for which type of termination - for RTP termination or PSTN termination? I believe Local/Remote descriptors are required for RTP terminations. So can Local/Remote descriptor be used for this purpose? 

TIA
Sarju

---

From: "Madhu Babu Brahmanapally" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 09:56:07 -0400

HI Sarju,
You are right. The logic of type of termination is derived from the
descriptors. A long chain of mails were exchanged on this topic. The archive
of the mails may help you.

-Regards
Madhubabu
  -----Original Message-----
  From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Sarju Garg
  Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2001 4:53 AM
  To: 'megaco'
  Subject: How to Determine the Termination Type

  Hi all,

  Suppose MG application supports RTP, PSTN termination. The termination are
allocated by the MG application for a call? So the ADD command specify $ for
the termination name so that MG can allocate a termination  and return it to
MGC application. How does the MG application come to know that receiving an
ADD command is for which type of termination - for RTP termination or PSTN
termination? I believe Local/Remote descriptors are required for RTP
terminations. So can Local/Remote descriptor be used for this purpose?

  TIA
  Sarju