Subject: [Megaco] H.248v2

From: "Tom-PT Taylor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 14:42:49 -0500

I have just submitted the H.248v2 document (TD-47 out of Dublin) as an
Internet Draft.  When it appears, I will subject it to an extended Working
Group Last Call, with a view to submitting a proposed delta document to the
February meeting of Study Group 16.  The agreement with Q. 3/16 was that
TD-47 is SG 16's going-in position, but they are willing to negotiate over
new content and defer any new feature which consensus views as too
destabilizing.  Even with the content everyone is prepared to accept, there
is need for review.  I spotted a number of items which need fixing as I went
through, and argued some other points in Dublin which are not yet reflected
in TD-47.

It would be good to pick up the work from
draft-hss-megaco-control-association-state-machine-00.txt and reflect it in
the new draft.  People may have other suggestions for what should be there.

I will post copies of the text in MS Word and PDF format, marked-up to
distinguish new material from v1 text plus Implementors Guide corrections.
In the meantime, the scope of the new material is indicated by the abstract
of the new document:

Abstract 
    
   This document contains the new draft text for recommendation H.248 
   v2.  The document refelects changes, clarifications and corrections 
   defined in the approved H.248 Implementors' Guide, Document TD 15 
   (Plen), Porto Seguro, 28 May - 8 June 2001. Some more changes, 
   clarifications and corrections are added as defined in the new H.248 
   Implementors' Guide draft, Document TD-28, Dublin 29 October - 2 
   November 2001. Furthermore it contains the following new 
   functionalities: 
    
   ·    auditing single properties, events, signals and statistics 
   (Document AVD-2068) 
   ·    indicating that capabilities have changed in the Media Gateway 
   (Document APC-1911) 
   ·    playing a signal on the Root Termination (Document APC-2002) 
   ·    extendable context properties (Document D129, Porto Seguro, 28 
   May - 8 June 2001) 
   ·    handling of multiple transaction pending (Document D93, Porto 
   Seguro, 28 May - 8 June 2001) 
   ·    topology enhancement (Document TD-42, Dublin, 29 October - 2 
   November 2001) 
   ·    profile handling (Document AVD-2122, Dublin, 29 October - 2 
   November 2001)
   ·    auditing context properties (Document AVD-2120, Dublin, 29 
   October - 2 November 2001)  

I propose this process to carry the work forward:

 a) I post weekly summaries of accepted changes to the document at weekly
intervals.

 b) Whenever enough changes are agreed, I or another volunteer submits a new
version of the I-D incorporating the changes.

 c) About two weeks before the February meeting, we take a diff between the
draft as it stands then and the version -00 draft and use the differences to
compile an input document to the SG 16 meeting.

We are scheduled to meet on Wednesday afternoon, December 12.  I propose
that the agenda of that meeting be devoted to discussion of H.248v2.

Tom Taylor
[email-masked]
Ph. +1 613 736 0961 (ESN 396 1490)

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco