Subject: [Megaco] on/off or true/false

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 15:29:56 +0530

oops. It is specifically mentioned at the beginning of the ABNF specification
(Section B.2) that boolean values are to be encoded as "On" and "Off".

So I guess this holds true irrespective of what the individual package
descriptions say.

Regards
Shiv

---------------------- Forwarded by Amit Kalra/HSS on 11/27/2001 03:25 PM
---------------------------

[email-masked] on 11/27/2001 03:20:03 PM

To:   [email-masked]
cc:    (bcc: Amit Kalra/HSS)

Subject:  [Megaco] on/off or true/false

Hi All

 If the parameter value belonging to a particular package is of type boolean,
then how is it to be encoded ?
Possible values are "on"/"off"  or  "true"/"false".

Different packages  suggest different values (eg: tdmc/ec explicitly states that
values can be "on" or "off", whereas 'init' parameter  of al/on can be encoded
as "true" or "false"). They seem correct in their relevant context, but we need
to have a specific value or else there will be interoperability issues.

Regards
Shiv

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco