Subject: [Megaco] Local connection options and Remote connection options

From: venkataramana <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 18:59:03 +0530

Hi List,
 
I am implementing MGCP stack in Call Agent . I am developing this stack
on LINUX machine.  Can any one explain me if CA need to read and
understand sdp that is given in response to crcx or will it be just a
buffer which CA need to pass on to the remote gateway in the subsequesnt
crcx. Can Local connection options and remote connection options are to
be treated the same way .

Thanks 
Venkat

---

From: Flemming Andreasen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 10:12:12 -0500

> Hi List,

For future reference, please direct MGCP questions to "[email-masked]"

> crcx.

In general, the Call Agent will neither have to read nor understand the SDP.
However, you may find specific extensions or applications that have a need
to look into the SDP (e.g. to authorize bandwidth usage, or determine
pre-conditions when receiving SDP from a remote gateway). If the CA decides
to parse the SDP, it is however imperative that it doesn't reject any
unknown attributes or parameters, and in general simply pass the SDP
unmodified to the other end. There are unfortunately several implementations
that have this wrong.

> Can Local connection options and remote connection options are to

LocalConnectionOptions are only used on the MGCP interface between the CA
and MG and hence the issue does not apply here. As far as the
RemoteConnectionDescriptor (SDP) is concerned, the same considerations apply
as for the LocalConnectionDescriptor.

-- Flemming

--
Flemming Andreasen
Cisco Systems

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: Flemming Andreasen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 10:12:12 -0500

-- Flemming

--
Flemming Andreasen
Cisco Systems