Subject: [Megaco] Local and Remote For Circuits

From: "Tom-PT Taylor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 18:13:08 -0500

I was teaching H.248 the other week, and lifted some material from H.248
Appendix A.  Naturally this required a number of corrections -- we must fix
it up -- but I was left wondering: what DO people specify in Local and
Remote for circuits.

draft-taylor-mmusic-sdp-tdm-00.txt provided a rigorous answer for TDM
circuits, but outside of NAS operation most of that wouldn't be necessary.
And it wouldn't apply to an analogue circuit, such as a POTS line.  I see an
alternative which may be acceptable within the bounds of the protocol: Local
and Remote are assumed to be provisioned for a circuit, and hence need not
be specified in making a connection.  This works right up to the point where
the circuit termination is audited, at which point the MG is supposed to
send back something.

What do people do now?  It looks to me as if we have to approve something,
even if just to be returned in audits.  draft-taylor-mmusic-sdp-tdm-00.txt
is probably part of the answer, and something has to be done for analogue.

Tom Taylor
[email-masked]
Ph. +1 613 736 0961 (ESN 396 1490)

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 10:42:25 +1100

G'Day Tom,

Local and Remote are definately valid. At least USI and TMR and bearer
characteristics can be specified. Look at the work in SG11 Q.9 on the
ISUP CBC vertical.

Regards,
Christian

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 10:42:25 +1100

G'Day Tom,

Regards,
Christian