Subject: [Megaco] Request To Review G.799.1

From: "Tom-PT Taylor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 14:33:57 -0500

ITU-T Study Group 15 has sent us the following communication.  The copyright
notice at the end of it rather baffles me, but I have placed the attachment
(draft G.799.1) at
ftp://standards.nortelnetworks.com/megaco/docs/Current/ITU-SG15/
in zipped MS Word and PDF formats.

I propose to gather together any comments that appear on the list and send
them back to Study Group 15 (contact: Tom Brown, [email-masked])
copy SG 16.  I have a few comments of my own, the first of which is that
they should consult with ITU-T Study Group 9 if they want information on
MGCP, since it is not an IETF Megaco work item.
----------

"ITU-T Question 7/15, (Voice Gateways), is developing new ITU-T
Recommendation G.799.1, covering functionality, interfaces, performance
requirements and functional tests for voice gateways interfacing GSTN to IP
networks. The current text of draft G.799.1 is available on Q7/15's IFA web
page at: 

http://ties.itu.int/u/tsg15/sg15/wp2/stable_text/gtigin/

"The latest version (approved at the SG15 meeting in Geneva, October 2001)
is V.6.0
At the recent Geneva meeting text was approved for inclusion in the document
for defining the handling of CAS and tone based signalling by a TIGIN
gateway. Q7/15 would appreciate the comments of both SG16 and IETF Megaco on
the text included in sections 3.3.2.3.2 (Signalling Backhaul for CAS and MF
based signalling) and 3.4.2 (CAS and MF Based Signalling).
In addition Q7/15 request IETF Megaco to clarify the status and availability
of MGCP packages (as a legacy alternative to H.248) to handle CAS and MF
based signalling.

Attachment:		Draft text of G.799.1 version 6.0

"Study Group 15 would like to make you aware that the attached document is
ITU copyrighted. It is sent to you for the purpose of information and, where
applicable, to enable meaningful exchange of views. It shall not be made
available to, and used by, any other persons or entities without the prior
written consent of the ITU-T."

Tom Taylor
[email-masked]
Ph. +1 613 736 0961 (ESN 396 1490)

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco