Subject: RE: [Megaco] ATM SVCs

From: "Tom-PT Taylor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 23:36:31 -0500

There is definitely no requirement on what UNI the MG supports.

There are two basic approaches to the joint use of Megaco and SVCs.  One is
for the SVCs to be set up outside of Megaco, with the MGC passing down
information to identify the SVC once it is set up.  I believe this can be
done using the SDP defined in the RFC you'll readily find on the MMUSIC
charter page (not online at the moment, can't remember the number).

The other way is for the MGC to pass down enough information for the MG
itself to set up the SVC.  I believe this possibility is also covered by the
RFC I've alluded to.

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Higgins [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, November 26, 2001 8:39 PM
To: megaco
Subject: [Megaco] ATM SVCs

Does MEGACO support the use of SVCs and if so how? Is it required that the
gateway support UNI 4.0 or should this be left up to the softswitch?

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco