Subject: Execution order (RE: [Megaco] Wildcarded Action Reply)

From: Aleksandr Ryabin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 12:45:09 -0400

Please see my comments inline [AR].

At 12:04 PM 7/15/2002, Kevin Boyle wrote:
[snip]
>[CHH] Ron's example also brings up another issue - in which order the 
>commands are
>executed. Ron assumes that for each Context the FIRST Subtract is first
>executed for ALL of its TerminationID wildcard matches, THEN the SECOND
>Subtract is executed for ALL of its TerminationID wildcard matches. That 
>IS the
>most logical in my eyes, and I assume most people would agree, but it IS
>important that there are NO missunderstandings about that.
>
>[KJBII]  The spec makes no bones about command ordering -- commands shall 
>be executed in the order they appear.  This means that a wildcarded 
>command must be executed in its entirety before moving on to the next command.

[AR] I agree with Christer. Interpretation does not contradict the spec.
Wildcarded command is to be executed in its entirety for a action (context id).
If action (context id) is wildcarded then the reply will contain multiple 
actions and
the order of commands will be preserved within each action.

         Aleks

>Regards,
>
>Christer Holmberg
>Ericsson Finland
>
>
>_______________________________________________
>Megaco mailing list
>[email-masked]
><https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco>https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco 
>