Subject: RE: ** As requested ** FW: [Megaco] ABNF doesn't support AuditCap abilities of inbuilt properties of T erminationState and LocalControl de s criptors

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 12:47:09 -0400

It seems to me that an MGC should already know the "capabilities" of the
built-in properties in TermState and LocalControl.  Why should they be
returned?  There is absolutely no benefit to performing AC on these
particular properties.

Instead of adding a bunch of syntax for these, can we just say explicitly in
Section 7.2.6 that the built-in properties cannot be singly audited (by AC)
and are not returned if the entire descriptor is audited?

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: Nigel Williams [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 09, 2002 12:08 PM
To: [email-masked]'
Subject: FW: ** As requested ** FW: [Megaco] ABNF doesn't support AuditCap
abilities of inbuilt properties of T erminationState and LocalControl des
criptors

Guys

We have run into the same issue with multiple values in AuditCapabilities
replies that David Barr raised a couple of weeks ago.  However, we haven't
seen any comments on his email.  Can anybody clarify how this should work?

Thanks
Nigel

Nigel Williams 
Voice Networking Group 
Data Connection Ltd 
Tel: +44 20 8366 1177 
Fax: +44 20 8363 1039 
Email: [email-masked] 
Web: http://www.dataconnection.com 

-----Original Message-----
From: David Barr [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: 24 June 2002 14:43
To: [email-masked]'
Subject: [Megaco] ABNF doesn't support AuditCapabilities of inbuilt
properties of T erminationState and LocalControl descriptors

Hello megaco list, 
If an AuditCapabilities of the Media descriptor is requested, then the MG is
required (amongst other things) to return the possible values of the
"inbuilt" properties in the TerminationState and LocalControl descriptors,
i.e. ServicesStates, EventBufferControl,  Mode, ReserveGroup, ReserveValue.
However the ABNF in H.248v1 doesn't seem to allow multiple values to be
returned for these "inbuilt" properties. 
E.g. 
auditReturnParameter = (mediaDescriptor / ... etc ...) 
mediaDescriptor = MediaToken LBRKT mediaParm *(COMMA mediaParm) RBRKT 
mediaParm = (... etc ... / terminationStateDescriptor) 
terminationStateDescriptor = TerminateStateToken LBRKT terminationStateParm
*( COMMA terminationStateParm ) RBRKT 
terminationStateParm = (propertyParm / serviceStates / eventBufferControl) 
serviceStates = ServiceStatesToken EQUAL ( TestToken / OutOfSvcToken /
InSvcToken) 
As can be seen, serviceStates only allows one value, when AuditCapabilities
should be able to return all 3 in a list. 
Thanks, 
David Barr 
Nortel Networks 

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 10:48:23 +1000

G'Day, 

I agree with Kevin. It seems pretty pointless to AuditCapabilities a property
whose values you already know through the protocol specification.

Regards, Christian

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 10:48:23 +1000

G'Day, 

Regards, Christian