Subject: RE: [Megaco] How does the MG decide which descriptors to return?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 18:19:27 +0530

HI Tom/List,
The text of the section is about underspecified or overspecified parameter
value. But you are talking about the unspecified values i.e. completely missing
from requested descriptor. Thus is this not useful to make this as an IG item
and add this in RFC.

Thanks,
Siddhartha Sharma
www.hssworld.com

"Tom-PT Taylor" <[email-masked]> on 06/26/2002 09:39:14 PM

To:   Raphael Tryster <[email-masked]>, MEGACO list <[email-masked]>
cc:    (bcc: Siddharth Sharma/HSS)

Subject:  RE: [Megaco] How does the MG decide which descriptors to return?

I wonder about unspecified signal or event parameter values that get
assigned default/provisioned values.  This would be new and potentially
useful information to the MGC.

-----Original Message-----
From: Raphael Tryster [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Sunday, June 16, 2002 10:11 AM
To: MEGACO list
Subject: [Megaco] How does the MG decide which descriptors to return?

From section 7.2.1:
"All descriptors that can be modified could be returned by MG if a parameter
was underspecified or overspecified.  ObservedEvents, Statistics, and
Packages, and the EventBuffer Descriptors are returned only if requested in
the AuditDescriptor".
Under what circumstances would other descriptors such as Events, Signals and
DigitMap be returned in a reply if not requested in the AuditDescriptor?  I
do not see where they could be underspecified or overspecified.
Raphael Tryster

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco