Subject: [Megaco] Gain in TDMC package

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 14:06:41 +0530

Hello,

According to draft-ietf-megaco-3015corr-00.txt

In TDM Package

Gain Control property is defined to be integer (which according to sec 12.1.2 is
4 byte signed integer)

The possible values defined says
     The gain control parameter may either be specified as
     "automatic" (0xffffffff), or as an explicit number of decibels
     of gain (any other integer value).

The value 0xffffffff when interpreted as signed value stored in 4 bytes is
actually -1. Was this really the intent of "automatic".

Thanks and Regards,
vivek

www.hssworld.com

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: Aleksandr Ryabin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 10:17:16 -0400

Hi,

Please see discussion thread with subject:
[Megaco] The definition of the Gain Control property in Megaco is unclear
which was going on just this month.

         Aleks

---

From: Aleksandr Ryabin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 10:17:16 -0400

Hi,

         Aleks

---

From: Terry L Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 10:40:02 -0400

Yes.  I intend to suggest new wording to address the issues from that 
thread and it will include this issue.  Just got a little busy so the 
issue went quiet for a few days.

-- 

------------------------------------------------------------
Terry L Anderson              mailto:[email-masked]
Tel:732.949.5628   Fax:732.949.7016
Lucent Technologies/INS/Voice Over IP Access Networks
Rm 2G-219A, 101 Crawfords Corner Rd, Holmdel, NJ 07733-3030
http://its.lucent.com/~tla (Lucent internal) http://www.gti.net/tla

---

From: Terry L Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 10:40:02 -0400

--