Subject: [Megaco] Notify Command with Request Id = 0

From: "Elango K" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 12:21:37 +0530

Hi all,

According to draft-ietf-megaco-3015corr-00.txt,

   "The events in the list must have been requested via the triggering
   EventsDescriptor or embedded events descriptor unless the RequestID
   is 0 (which is for further study). "

Is Notify with Request Id = 0  used and if so, under what scenario is this
used ?

Thanks and regards,
Elango.

***************************************************************************
This message is proprietary to Future Software Limited (FSL) 
and is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it
is addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential information 
and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other than for 
what it is intended. 

If you have received this message in error, please notify the
originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from using,
copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. 
FSL accepts no responsibility for loss or damage arising from 
the use of the information transmitted by this email including
damage from virus.
***************************************************************************

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Elango K" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 12:21:37 +0530

Hi all,

Thanks and regards,
Elango.

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 14:40:16 +1000

G'Day Elango,

Its used in the case when the event buffer is full. A Notify.req with Request
ID=0 is generated with error code 518.

Regards, Christian

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 14:40:16 +1000

G'Day Elango,

Regards, Christian

---

From: "Carl Rutter" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 06:45:47 -0400

Would it be fair to say that for any and all Notify requests from the
MG that were not explicitly Requested by the MGC(hence no Request ID)
RequestId=0 should be used?

Thx,
Carl

---

From: "Carl Rutter" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 06:45:47 -0400

Thx,
Carl

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 14:19:41 +1000

G'Day Carl,

I think that's fair to say that, but the error code 518 case is the only case
associated with the core protocol that I know of.

Regards, Christian

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 14:19:41 +1000

G'Day Carl,

Regards, Christian