Subject: [Megaco] Primary MGC Failure And Contacting Secondary MGC

From: "Kaul, Bharat" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 10:50:26 -0700

Assume following scenario

*	Primary MGC knows it is going down and wants to inform MGs it
controls that it is going down
*	Primary MGC has no knowledge of other MGCs in the network
*	MGs in the network may be configured with secondary MGCs

How does primary MGC inform MGs about impending failure ?  I think MGC
should send method as "handoff" with reason as "MGC Impending Failure" and
not specify ServiceChangeMgcId.

Is that correct ?

- Thanks
   Bharat

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------
Bharat Kaul,                            Trillium Digital Systems Inc.,
Engineering Project Manager,   An Intel Division,
Phone: 310 481 5515,              12100 Wilshire Blvd, #1800,
<http://www.trillium.com>         Los Angeles, CA - 90025
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco