Subject: [Megaco] usage of start tone,end tone and long tone detect

From: Usha <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 21:43:04 +0800

1.What is the significance of Starttone detect,End tone detect and long tone detect events of Tone detection Package?

2.What are the possible values of these tone detect events?

3.Why duration is not present for start and end tone detect events whereas the duration is present for long tone detect event?

4.What are start timer,short timer and long timers in digitmap descriptor?Is there any relation between these timers and the above mentioned(start,end and long tone detect) events?

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 14:26:13 -0400

Comments inline. [KJBII]

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: Usha [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 23, 2002 9:43 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] usage of start tone,end tone and long tone detect

1.What is the significance of Starttone detect,End tone detect and long tone
detect events of Tone detection Package?
[KJBII] Start Tone detect allows you to detect the beginning of a tone, end
tone allows you to detect the end of a tone, and long tone allows you to
detect a specific tone that has persisted for a certain length of time.

2.What are the possible values of these tone detect events?
[KJBII] Values of events?  I'm not sure I understand your question.  Either
the event occurs, or it does not.

3.Why duration is not present for start and end tone detect events whereas
the duration is present for long tone detect event?
[KJBII] The start and/or end of a tone do not have a duration.  They are
discrete occurrances.  When the tone goes from not present to present, the
tone has started.  When it goes from present to not present, then it has
ended.

4.What are start timer,short timer and long timers in digitmap descriptor?Is
there any relation between these timers and the above mentioned(start,end
and long tone detect) events?
[KJBII] The digitmap timers have nothing to do with detection of tones on
the bearer path.  The digitmap timers are used in digit collection - the
start timer is the timer that runs between application of dial tone and the
first digit event, the short and long timers are for interdigit timing.

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 14:26:13 -0400

Comments inline. [KJBII]

Kevin