Subject: [Megaco] Trunking Gateway and Physical Terminations Packages

From: "Garber, Zeev" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 18:39:07 -0400

Would it be correct to say that Trunking Gateway's Physical Terminations
can not support any packages except of TDM package?

If not , does it make sense to change mode of Physical Termination in
LocalControl of MediaDescriptor 
from ReceiveOnly to SendReceive?

What is a future of  the following draft:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-megaco-callflows-00.txt

Thanks

> Ze`ev Garber
> E M P I R I X 
> www.empirix.com

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: Aleksandr Ryabin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 19:42:28 -0400

Hi,
         Please see inline below.

>can not support any packages except of TDM package?

I'd say not since at least in order to play and detect tones on a termination
it has to support appropriate packages (for example, dd and dg for DTMF).

>from ReceiveOnly to SendReceive?

Not sure what mode has to do with packages a termination supports,
but by default the mode is SendReceive, and if termination is in
active context (not in NULL) which has more then one termination
in it (that is there is media flowing to and from termination in question)
it makes perfect sense to change it to other mode, for example,
to ReceiveOnly to suppress (mute) all outgoing media to termination,
or to SendOnly to suppress (mute) all incoming media from termination,
or to Inactive to lets say place an entity attached to the termination
"on hold".

I hope this answers the question.
         Aleks

---

From: Aleksandr Ryabin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 19:42:28 -0400

Hi,
         Please see inline below.