Subject: [Megaco] SCTP as transport layer

From: "Kumar, Sanjay1" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 21:28:09 -0700

Hi Tom/List,
 Annex H defines the SCTP as transport for MEGACO. Annex H, Section H.2
states that At-most-once functionality shall be provided according to
section D.1.1 of H.248 Document except that
1. Long timer shall not be used.
2. Transaction responseAck parameter shall not be used.

Section D.1.1 of RFC 3015 (At-most-once functionality) states 

"Peer protocol entities are expected to keep in memory a list of the
responses that 
they sent to recent transactions and a list of the transactions that are
currently outstanding".

"The copy of the responses may be destroyed either LONG-TIMER seconds after
the 
response is issued, or when the entity receives a confirmation that the
response has 
been received, through the Response Acknowledgement parameter"

Now if According to Annex H.1, if Long timer and Transaction response ack is
not used, then when shall the list of recently sent responses be destroyed ?
or does it mean that list of recently sent responses shall not maintained at
all in case if transport is SCTP, or in other words "at-most-functionality"
is not needed for transport as SCTP. 

regards,
sanjay.

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco