Subject: [Megaco] Conveying both Handoff and Disconnected

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 21:24:17 +0530

Hi List

I had a question regarding a Handoff scenario.

Consider the following scenario :
1.An active association exists between MGC1 (primary MGC)  and  MG1
(primary MG)
2.Now there is some problem in MGC1 and so it  sends a handoff request to
the MG1
with MgcIDToTry set to that of the secondary MGC- MGC2
3. On receiving this request, MG1 sends a response and then generates a
Service Change
 request to MGC2 with method as handoff.
Now heres the problem...
4. Before MG1 receives the response from MGC2, it goes down abruptly, and
MG2 (standby)
 comes up.

My concern is that from MG2's perspective, there are two pieces of
information which
it needs to convey to MGC2:
1) MGC1 directed Handoff
2) The MG itself went down briefly (method : disconnected)

Should it send both, or just one of them.
I feel that just sending a Service Change with  method 'Handoff' would
suffice.
MGC2 can audit and find the MG's termination status.

Please confirm
Regards
Shiv Kumar
Hughes Software Systems

"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems Limited
(HSS) and is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is
addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential information and
should not be circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is
intended. If you have received this message in error, please notify the
originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
notified that you are strictly prohibited from using, copying, altering, or
disclosing the contents of this message. HSS accepts no responsibility for
loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this
email including damage from virus."

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco