Subject: RE: [Megaco] How does MGC discover terminations?

From: Raphael Tryster <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 08:55:19 +0200

Most likely, the MGC will be aware of the MG terminations by offline
agreement, i.e. both MG and MGC will be provisioned manually with the same
termination names.  

Theoretically, it is possible for the MGC to issue a wildcard audit, to
which the MG would reply with all the termination names, but this is not
practical because:

*	If the number of terminations is large, the MG would likely send
error 533, because the size of the names exceeds maximum transport PDU size.
*	The MGC needs to associate termination identifiers with telephone
numbers, and it will not learn this from the audit.

Raphael Tryster

	-----Original Message-----
	From:	guru prasad [SMTP:[email-masked]]
	Sent:	Thursday, 25 September 2003 7:05
	To:	[email-masked]
	Subject:	[Megaco] megaco queries

	hello all,
	i have 2 queries to make.
	1: how do v detect the end of a megaco msg?
	 i.e., how do v know that a transaction is the last one present in
the msg? is it implementation specific or is there a standard?

	2:the rfc does not mention as to how the mgc discovers the
terminations of the mg. could u pls reply as to how this happens?

	regards,
	guru prasad
	-- 
	______________________________________________
	http://www.india.com
	Now with POP3/SMTP access for only US$14.95/yr

	Powered by Outblaze

	_______________________________________________
	Megaco mailing list
	[email-masked]
	https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco