Subject: [Megaco] H.248 v2 digitmap puzzle to be clarified

From: Zhao Bo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 10:00:18 +0800

hi, all:
 
i have read the h.248 version 2 document from ITU-T and have some puzzles to be clarified.
in section 7.1.14.4, we see the following sentenses:
 
    If EventBufferControl is OFF, if the active EventsDescriptor did not change, and if individual digit events are not 
    enabled within that descriptor, then digit buffering will be initiated.  Buffering will continue until the buffering 
    time specified in the original digit map completion event has expired or until the active EventsDescriptor is 
    replaced.
 
in above specification, some words as "buffering time specified in the original digit map completion event" is brought out
to us. until now, in my view, there is only one digitmap completion event which is defined in the DTMF detectin package
of H.248 annex E.6 .  but when referring to the definition of that package, we can not find even one word describing 
buffering time. are there any enhanced versions of digitmap completion event which are defined in some newly submitted 
extension packages ? if so, which package? or otherwise, maybe this buffering time is referred to as one of digitmap 
timers: start timer, short timer or long timer. but which one? no words in h248 text explicitly or indefinitely caters 
to this opnion.

and in the same section, we find some other text:
 
     Buffering time defaults to zero (no buffering) unless explicitly set otherwise within the digit map completion event.
 
if all the assumptions aforementioned can not come into existence, what should MGW alike equipments do with digit buffering ? 
no buffering as if buffering time defaults to zero ?
 
thanks for listening! it will be my pleasure if you responds!
                                                                                                             zhaobo
                                                                                                            2003.09.19

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco