Subject: [Megaco] Re: question about draft-laha-megaco-cas-mntc-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 12:42:41 +0530

Hello,

Block signal "blk" in casmntc package is of type ON-OFF. Turning the signal
OFF shall render the termination as idle/unblocked.

Regards
- Vikram

Zhao Bo <[email-masked]> on 09/09/2003 08:10:59 AM

To:    Kushanava Laha/HSS@HSS, Vikram Nair/HSS@HSS
cc:    [email-masked]

Subject:    question about draft-laha-megaco-cas-mntc-00.txt

Dear editors:
    The questions is how to unblock a blocked line via casmntc package
    signal. My first thinking is send a an empty signal description. But
    according to draft-manyfolks-megaco-caspackage-02.txt, section 6.6.4:

       A line signal should always be present on a CAS interface. If the
       MGC sets a SignalsDescriptor that would result in the removal of a
       line signal without the specification of a new line signal, such as
       an empty SignalsDescriptor, the execution of the command fails. The
       MG SHALL include error code 458 "Illegal action, line signal can not
       be stopped" in its response.

    To do this is illegal. Maybe MGC shall send a "idle" signal or
    something? I didn't find an "idle" signal in bcas package.
    What's your advisement? Thanks and best regard!

 Zhao Bo

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: Zhao Bo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 16:09:39 +0800

But HOW to turn off this signal? I can't send an empty signal descriptor to MGW, according to bcas package definition, to do this is not allowed.

---

From: Zhao Bo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 16:09:39 +0800