Subject: [Megaco] question about draft-laha-megaco-cas-mntc-00.txt

From: Zhao Bo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 09:40:59 +0800

Dear editors:
    The questions is how to unblock a blocked line via casmntc package signal. My first thinking is send a an empty signal description. But according to draft-manyfolks-megaco-caspackage-02.txt, section 6.6.4: 

       A line signal should always be present on a CAS interface. If the 
       MGC sets a SignalsDescriptor that would result in the removal of a 
       line signal without the specification of a new line signal, such as 
       an empty SignalsDescriptor, the execution of the command fails. The 
       MG SHALL include error code 458 "Illegal action, line signal can not 
       be stopped" in its response.

    To do this is illegal. Maybe MGC shall send a "idle" signal or something? I didn't find an "idle" signal in bcas package. 
    What's your advisement? Thanks and best regard!

Zhao Bo

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 12:42:41 +0530

Hello,

Block signal "blk" in casmntc package is of type ON-OFF. Turning the signal
OFF shall render the termination as idle/unblocked.

Regards
- Vikram

Zhao Bo <[email-masked]> on 09/09/2003 08:10:59 AM

To:    Kushanava Laha/HSS@HSS, Vikram Nair/HSS@HSS
cc:    [email-masked]

Subject:    question about draft-laha-megaco-cas-mntc-00.txt

Dear editors:
    The questions is how to unblock a blocked line via casmntc package
    signal. My first thinking is send a an empty signal description. But
    according to draft-manyfolks-megaco-caspackage-02.txt, section 6.6.4:

    To do this is illegal. Maybe MGC shall send a "idle" signal or
    something? I didn't find an "idle" signal in bcas package.
    What's your advisement? Thanks and best regard!

 Zhao Bo

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 08:54:30 -0400

The IETF CAS drafts are expired.  The bcas package is defined by ITU-T
Recommendation H.248.25.  Please refer to that document for information on
the bcas package.  It is available from the ITU.  Notably, this updated
version of the bcas package has removed the Signals descriptor restrictions
by making the line signals "state transitions" and therefore immune to
changes of the Signals descriptor.

The contents of the cas-mntc draft have been incorporated into the
H.248.ICAS document that is slated for consent in January.  That document is
available as AVD-2353 from the informal SG16 FTP site.  That is at
ftp://ftp3.itu.int/avc-site. The userid/password is avguest/Avguest.

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: Zhao Bo [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, September 08, 2003 9:41 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] question about draft-laha-megaco-cas-mntc-00.txt

Dear editors:

Zhao Bo