Subject: [Megaco] about sequence of transaction

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 10:52:57 +0800

Hi all,

   I can not understand why sequence of transaction is not prescribed in 
H.248.
   if underlying transport protocol is UDP, messages received may be 
disordered. Does it really not effect the controlflow? or if H.248 
guarantees the order of transaction, it will work better?

   thanks for answering my question!

**********************************************
                 Rui Suying
    SoftSwitch Software Design Department
             Nanjing R&D Center 
                 ZTE Co. China
    Mobile: 13851939625 (China only) 
**********************************************

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 16:49:13 +1000

Hello,

It is a design choice of what transport to use. If you want to ensure in 
sequence reliable delivery of messages then use something like MTP3 or Sigtran. 
If you prefer a simpler UDP implementation then the trade off is possible 
unordered delivery.

Regards, Christian

>    thanks for answering my question!

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 16:49:13 +1000

Hello,

Regards, Christian