Subject: [Megaco] Clarifications required

From: "rugmani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 18:51:08 +0530

Sir,
    I need some clarifications in some of the 3GPP packages.I would be very
thankful if you would look into these issues and provide some insight on
them.

1. In 3GPP TS 29.232 version 5.5.0 Release 5, section 15.1.9 ,  package ID
for the Flexible Tone Generator Package has not been defined. It says that
it needs to be registered with IANA. Has it been registered yet?If yes, what
is the Package ID now?

2. The above problem also exists with the IP transport package given in
section 15.1.8.In addition to this,the properties "ipv4trans" and
"ipv6trans" give their type as as a 32 bit Ipv4 address and 128 bit Ipv6
address.Can these be considered as strings?Do they have any limitations?

Thanks!

Rugmani.R

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 10:04:32 -0400

Comments inline. [KJBII]
 
Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: rugmani [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, September 26, 2003 9:21 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] Clarifications required

Sir,
 
1. In 3GPP TS 29.232 version 5.5.0 Release 5, section 15.1.9 ,  package ID
for the Flexible Tone Generator Package has not been defined. It says that
it needs to be registered with IANA. Has it been registered yet?If yes, what
is the Package ID now?
[KJBII] You can look this up on the IANA web site at
http://www.iana.org/assignments/megaco-h248
<http://www.iana.org/assignments/megaco-h248> .  Note that it is the package
developer's responsibility to register packages. 
 
2. The above problem also exists with the IP transport package given in
section 15.1.8.In addition to this,the properties "ipv4trans" and
"ipv6trans" give their type as as a 32 bit Ipv4 address and 128 bit Ipv6
address.Can these be considered as strings?Do they have any limitations?
[KJBII] Per H.248.1, Section 12.1.2, Properties must be of one of the
following types: Boolean, String, Octet String, Integer, Double, Character,
Enumeration, or a Sub-list of one of these types.  Any other definition is
invalid.  Note that allowable values can be restricted by the package, so
there are several ways to go about achieving the desired data in the
property.  For more information on package definition or the types, see
H.248.1.   
 
Thanks!
 
Rugmani.R

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 10:04:32 -0400

Comments inline. [KJBII]
 
Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: rugmani [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, September 26, 2003 9:21 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] Clarifications required

Sir,

 
Thanks!
 
Rugmani.R