Subject: [Megaco] Congestion event/signal in ICAS pkg

From: Malathi Anand <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 17:09:03 -0700

Questions on the congestion event/signal defined in AVD-2353 H.248 icas 
document and AVD-2316 ICAS document.

1. Congestion event in that ICAS pkg is defined as -

Description: This event applies to an outgoing interface and is reported 
when a "network congestion" line signal occurs on the termination. The 
event is reported by the MG if either the timed transition to this line 
signal is detected or the line signal already exists. The condition 
against which the signal is verified is provisioned in the MG.

Is the above text referring to congestion register signals (A4 and/or 
A15) rather than line signals? If not how is congestion (A4 or A15) 
reported to the MGC?

2. If the above is referring to congestion, why isn't there a 
distinction made in the event/signal description between congestion in 
national and international networks since ITU specifies 2 different 
backward register signals for these?

Thanks.
- Malathi

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco