Subject: [Megaco] Congestion event/signal in ICAS pkg

From: Malathi Anand <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 17:09:03 -0700

Questions on the congestion event/signal defined in AVD-2353 H.248 icas 
document and AVD-2316 ICAS document.

1. Congestion event in that ICAS pkg is defined as -

Description: This event applies to an outgoing interface and is reported 
when a "network congestion" line signal occurs on the termination. The 
event is reported by the MG if either the timed transition to this line 
signal is detected or the line signal already exists. The condition 
against which the signal is verified is provisioned in the MG.

Is the above text referring to congestion register signals (A4 and/or 
A15) rather than line signals? If not how is congestion (A4 or A15) 
reported to the MGC?

2. If the above is referring to congestion, why isn't there a 
distinction made in the event/signal description between congestion in 
national and international networks since ITU specifies 2 different 
backward register signals for these?

Thanks.
- Malathi

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Mukul Sharma" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 17:39:06 -0700

Malathi

inline

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Malathi Anand
Sent: Thursday, September 11, 2003 5:09 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] Congestion event/signal in ICAS pkg

[Mukul]I would also interpret this as register signals A4 (national) and
A15(international).

[Mukul] Are you asking why there is no distinction (national vs
international) when MG reports congestion to MGC? If this is your
question, then maybe MGC doesn't care about the distinction (national vs
international). It is enough for MGC to know that there is a congestion.

Mukul

Thanks.
- Malathi

---

From: "Mukul Sharma" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 17:39:06 -0700

Malathi

inline

-----Original Message-----

Mukul

Thanks.
- Malathi