Subject: RE: [Megaco] HI again

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 16:43:35 -0400

H.248 is limited only by the packages that can be invented for it.  There
are implementations in deployment today that utilize ISUP (of all varieties)
and PRI for trunking, V5.2 as well as standard POTS analog lines, and IP
phones.  CAS applications (both R1 and R2) with H.248 are in development (if
not already deployed).
 
Plus, H.248 can go way beyond simple voice applications.  Remember that
H.248/Megaco is designed to be a multimedia control protocol, and can be
used with text and video as well as voice.
 
Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: Carlos Rodríguez Alcalá Villagra [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, September 22, 2003 12:38 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] HI again

	Do you have any idea if it is possible to have a GW that speaks
H.248 with the IP network and R2 or ISDN to the PSTN.
Or, is the ussage of H.248 limited to SS7 signaling to the outside world?
I am asking this because of the example that is inside the RFC 3015
(MEGACO), that shows the establishment of a phone call through analog lines
connected to two GWs that speaks H.248.

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco