Subject: RE: [Megaco] question about draft-laha-megaco-cas-mntc-00.txt

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 08:54:30 -0400

The IETF CAS drafts are expired.  The bcas package is defined by ITU-T
Recommendation H.248.25.  Please refer to that document for information on
the bcas package.  It is available from the ITU.  Notably, this updated
version of the bcas package has removed the Signals descriptor restrictions
by making the line signals "state transitions" and therefore immune to
changes of the Signals descriptor.

The contents of the cas-mntc draft have been incorporated into the
H.248.ICAS document that is slated for consent in January.  That document is
available as AVD-2353 from the informal SG16 FTP site.  That is at
ftp://ftp3.itu.int/avc-site. The userid/password is avguest/Avguest.

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: Zhao Bo [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, September 08, 2003 9:41 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] question about draft-laha-megaco-cas-mntc-00.txt

Dear editors:
    The questions is how to unblock a blocked line via casmntc package
signal. My first thinking is send a an empty signal description. But
according to draft-manyfolks-megaco-caspackage-02.txt, section 6.6.4: 

       A line signal should always be present on a CAS interface. If the 
       MGC sets a SignalsDescriptor that would result in the removal of a 
       line signal without the specification of a new line signal, such as 
       an empty SignalsDescriptor, the execution of the command fails. The 
       MG SHALL include error code 458 "Illegal action, line signal can not 
       be stopped" in its response.

    To do this is illegal. Maybe MGC shall send a "idle" signal or
something? I didn't find an "idle" signal in bcas package. 
    What's your advisement? Thanks and best regard!

Zhao Bo

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Sampath Komanduri" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 15:21:25 -0700

Hi,
The link http://ftp3.itu.int/av-arch/avc-site/0309_Par/AVD-2355.zip
contains AVD-2355 (Updated Draft H.460.9 Annex B) instead of "Updated
Draft H.248.icasc".

Could someone pls. upload the appropriate one?
Thanks,
Sampath

---

From: "Sampath Komanduri" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 15:21:25 -0700

Hi,

---

From: "Sampath Komanduri" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 17:56:52 -0700

Never mind... Just the link in
http://ftp3.itu.int/av-arch/avc-site/0309_Par/0309_Par.html for AVD-2354
is incorrect.

Thanks,
Sampath

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Sampath Komanduri
Sent: Wednesday, September 10, 2003 3:21 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] AVD-2354: Updated Draft H.248.icasc

Hi,

---

From: "Sampath Komanduri" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 17:56:52 -0700

Thanks,
Sampath

-----Original Message-----

Hi,