Subject: [Megaco] Question on al/on(strict=state)

From: Samuel Tardieu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 18:05:39 +0100

In step 3 of the example in Appendix I, there is:

  Events = 2222 {al/of(strict=state)}

Where does strict=state appear in the grammar? What kind of field is
this? I read that this is an EventDescriptor parameter earlier in the
RFC, but in this case shouldn't it appear between {} instead of ()?

  Sam
-- 
Samuel Tardieu -- [email-masked] -- http://www.rfc1149.net/sam

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 03:48:02 -0500

The Appendix is an example, and is subject to typos.  Please reference the
specification for the appropriate grammar.

Kevin 

-----Original Message-----
From: Samuel Tardieu [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2004 12:06 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] Question on al/on(strict=state)

Where does strict=state appear in the grammar? What kind of field is this? I
read that this is an EventDescriptor parameter earlier in the RFC, but in
this case shouldn't it appear between {} instead of ()?

  Sam

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 05:03:44 -0500

I suggest that if you have problems with the Appendix that you bring a
contribution to the next SG16 meeting suggesting we correct it.  We do our
best trying to ensure the Appendix reflects the specification, but we have
been very busy in recent meetings, and instead of concentrating on
informative text we chose to concentrate on the normative text with the
limited time we had.

The whole point of informative text is that it is NOT BINDING.  Those who
are implementing H.248 would be well served to design their implementations
according to the text of the specification.

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: Samuel Tardieu [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, January 30, 2004 4:58 AM
To: Boyle, Kevin [NCRTP:3Z40:EXCH]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Megaco] Question on al/on(strict=state)

On 30/01, Kevin Boyle wrote:

| The Appendix is an example, and is subject to typos.  Please reference 
| the specification for the appropriate grammar.

I understand that. However, why keep the appendix if its content is not only
not normative but also misleading because it is bogus?

  Sam