Subject: [Megaco] Provisioned events handling

From: "Sampath Komanduri" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 12:33:56 -0800

Hi all,
Following the discussions on applicability of provisioned events, I
wanted to raised further questions on the handling of provisioned events
on MG and MGC.
 
On MG:

1.	Is it correct to assume that events as well as all the related
parameters can be provisioned on MG? Or are events should be
provisionable only with the default values (if package doesn't specify
the parameters of event to be provisionable on MG)?
2.	What should be MG's behavior, if MG specifies the same event
with same/different parameters? Does the MGC specified value take
preference? 
Properties that are configurable on MG can be overwritten by MGC,
however if the user changes this configuration, it overrides the MGC
specified value. Should the handling of provisioned events and related
parameters be same?
3.	Is MG supposed to stop playing of signals upon detection of
provisioned event on the termination? Since MGC may not be aware of the
fact that some event is provisioned on MG, handling the provisioned
event like handling of MGC requested events might impact the call-flows
(as seen and expected by MGC).
4.	How should the event buffering supposed to work with the
existence of provisioned events on a termination? The event buffer
mechanism will be impacted if MGC ignores/rejects the provisioned event
notification. Similarly, in Case event buffering is going on and
provisioned event may not be reported to MGC, as this event will not
exist in the event buffer descriptor.

On MGC:

1.	After AUDITing a termination, if MGC finds that there are events
on the termination that it didn't request, what is it supposed to do?
Should the future commands to MG keep the presence of these events on
termination in mind?
2.	Assuming that MGC is aware of the fact that events are
provisioned on a termination on MG: Should the MGC take the same actions
on receiving notification of provisioned events as it would have upon
notification of event for an explicit request from MGC?

Pls. respond. 
One form or the other, a final word (or section) on handling of
provisioned events in H.248 will be appreciated.
 
Thanks,
Sampath