Subject: [Megaco] Sequential Signal List Interrupted by an Event

From: Juergen Stoetzer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 14:09:20 +0200

Hello,

According to Section 7.1.9 of H.248.1 recognition of an event
causes any active signal to stop unless the KeepActive flag is set
for that event. More specifically, it is said that
"... event recognition may cause currently active signals to stop, ..." and
"Normally, recognition of an event shall cause any active signals to stop."

In both places "active signals" are mentioned.
My question is how this should be applied to sequential signal lists.

Let's assume the corresponding termination has an active Signals descriptor
containing a sequential signal list of two timeout signals S1 and S2.
Let's further assume an event (without set KeepActive flag) occurs
while the first timeout signal S1 is still playing.
It seems to be clear that that currently playing first signal S1 has to
be stopped.

But what about the not yet started second signal S2?
Should this be started at that point anyhow?
Or should it rather be omitted?

More generally, should recognition of an event only cause currently,
at that very point in time active signals to stop without influencing
possibly present not yet started signals in sequential signal lists?
Or should recognition of an event not only cause "currently active"
signals to stop but should rather cause the whole signals descriptor
to become "inactive" (as if replaced with an empty signals descriptor)?

Thanks a lot in advance for comments and ideas on this!

Best Regards,
Juergen Stoetzer

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 18:03:30 +0530

Hi
      An Event recognition without KeepActive flag  causes the currently
active signal descriptor to be disabled irrespective of the status of the
individual signals in the signal descriptor as if an embedded empty signal
descriptor got invoked.

Regards
B Venkat S.R Swamy
Hughes Software Systems
Phone:  +91-124-2455555 Extn 3620
Fax: +91-124-2455345
web: www.hssworld.com

             Juergen Stoetzer                                              
             <J.Stoetzer@alcat                                             
             el.de>                                                     To 
             Sent by:                  [email-masked]                     
             megaco-bounces@ie                                          cc 
             tf.org                                                        
                                                                   Subject 
                                       [Megaco] Sequential Signal List     
             07/16/2004 05:39          Interrupted by an Event             
             PM                                                            

Hello,

Best Regards,
Juergen Stoetzer