Subject: RE: [Megaco] Require clarification on Audit of Statistics

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 13:56:15 -0400

The spec is clear that it must include an empty audit descriptor to suppress
statistics in v1 and v2.

Kevin 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Jagan Mohan
Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 2004 1:52 AM
To: MEGACO list
Subject: [Megaco] Require clarification on Audit of Statistics

Hi,

  I have a H.248 VoIP call b/w 2 gateways. Say, the RTP termination on one
gateway goes down and it's reported to the MGC. Now, the MGC should send a
SUBTRACT message to the gateway for subtracting the RTP termination.

  Here, a normal subtract command from MGC would mean that Audit of
Statistics should be done on the gateway. But since the RTP termination has
gone down, Audit of statistics would fail on the gateway.

  So, should the MGC send 

(A) SUBTRACT command  

MEGACO/1 [10.10.10.1]:2944
Transaction = 11025 {
    Context = 4 {
            Subtract = R10
    }
}

OR 

(B) SUBTRACT command and Audit with no descriptor.

MEGACO/1 [10.10.10.1]:2944
Transaction = 11025 {
    Context = 4 {
            Subtract = R10 { Audit { } }
    }
}

Regards,
Jagan

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 09:54:43 +0530

Hello,

I agree with you that since RTP termination has gone down,  gateway may not
have information for all the statistics  when the termination gets
subtracted by MGC. However, some statistics like call duration can be
calculated by gateway internally by taking time stamps at the start and the
end of the call.So it would still be possible for the media gateway to
report these statistics.

So I think sending (a) would not be a bad idea. Gateway would in this case
fill a zero for all other statistics except for the ones which it has
information on like  "duration of the call".

Regards,
Abhishek
Hughes Software Systems.
www.hssworld.com

Jagan Mohan <[email-masked]>@ietf.org on 10/26/2004 11:22:01 AM

Please respond to Jagan Mohan <[email-masked]>

Sent by:    [email-masked]

To:    MEGACO list <[email-masked]>
cc:

Hi,

  I have a H.248 VoIP call b/w 2 gateways. Say, the RTP termination on
one gateway goes down and it's reported to the MGC. Now, the MGC
should send a SUBTRACT message to the gateway for subtracting the RTP
termination.

  Here, a normal subtract command from MGC would mean that Audit of
Statistics should be done on the gateway. But since the RTP
termination has gone down, Audit of statistics would fail on the
gateway.

  So, should the MGC send

(A) SUBTRACT command

OR

Regards,
Jagan

 *****************    HSS-Unclassified    *************

"Please note:The email domain of Hughes Software Systems Ltd. has been changed to "hssworld.com" from hss.hns.com"

"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems Limited (HSS) and is intended 
solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain  privileged or 
confidential information and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other than for 
what it is intended. If you have received this message in error, please notify the originator 
immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are strictly 
prohibited from using, copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. HSS 
accepts no responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted 
by this email including damage from virus."