Subject: [Megaco] RE: Generating error responses

From: "Karthikeyan S" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 19:40:22 +0530

HI,

Can somebody clarify on the following?

If one transaction has three actions, and the application has generated
response for commands in the first action but not generated response for the
second action [PendingLimit crossed], how should the Megaco layer compose
the transaction response?

Following are the solutions I can think of:

i)                     Compose transaction response with the commands for
the first action and the rest of the transaction with action error replies.

ii)                   Compose transaction response with the commands for the
first action and the rest of the transaction with command error replies for
the remaining two actions

iii)                  Compose the transaction with error code on the
transaction itself saying PendingLimit crossed.

If these solutions are invalid request to kindly propose me some valid
solution. I would greatly appreciate if anybody could help me on these.

Thanks in advance

Karthik

  _____  

From: Karthikeyan S [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 2004 12:46 PM
To: [email-masked]'
Subject: Generating error responses

HI,

Can any of you could clarify the following issues:

i)                     If the application has not generated response for one
command, can the Megaco stack generate error responses for the other
subsequent commands? As per section 8 it says it should not be done.

ii)                   If there are two incoming actions in a transaction
which has wild carded termination commands. If the application has not
properly responded for the first action with all the responses, 

a.       Does the first action needs to be responded with wild carded
response or

b.       It shall contain the responses which was received previously and
followed by an error response.

c.       Can the stack generate error response for the second action?

iii)                  What if the first action assumed in ii) is an optional
action.

I would greatly appreciate if any of you replies for this query.

Thanks

Karthik

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 10:43:59 -0400

Replies are built per command in order.  So, this means that the MG should
build the responses for the executed commands, and then add Error 533 at the
point of failure and halt.  Unless the failed commands have the Optional
flag on them, there should be never be more than one error in a reply.
 
Kevin

  _____  

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Karthikeyan S
Sent: Monday, October 04, 2004 10:10 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] RE: Generating error responses

HI,

Thanks in advance

Karthik

  _____  

HI,

Thanks

Karthik

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 07:34:34 -0400

Err... 506, not 533.  533 is message too long for MTU size.

Kevin 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Boyle, Kevin [NCRTP:3Z40:EXCH]
Sent: Monday, October 04, 2004 10:44 AM
To: Karthikeyan S; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Megaco] RE: Generating error responses

Kevin

  _____  

HI,

Thanks in advance

Karthik

  _____  

HI,

Thanks

Karthik