Subject: Re: [Megaco] Conformance tests question

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 17:15:37 +0300

Hi
Thanks for the prompt answer.
What about scenarios where the MG can create a context, and the error is on
the termination level -
For example test TP/MG/AD/BI-01. Here the Choose field in the ContextID is
legal and the error
is on the termination ID which is ROOT termination. From what I understand
here the response was supposed to be
Context number with an error message, but the test requiers that the
ContextID will stay CHOOSE.

Thanks

Seraya

                      "B Venkat S.R Swamy"                                                                                                   
                      <b.swamy@flextronicsso         To:      [email-masked]                                                    
                      ftware.com>                    cc:      [email-masked]                                                                
                                                     Subject: Re: [Megaco] Conformance tests question                                        
                      26/05/2005 15:25                                                                                                       

Hi

IMO it is perfectly valid to specify CHOOSE for contextID in response to
the test cases you have mentioned below.  As far as the protocol text you
have mentioned it applies mostly to those scenario where you a valid
context Id(includes wildcard also) or Null context. Where MG has never been
able to create a context why should it return any other value.

Even the ABNF and ASN grammar in Appendix does not put any limitation on
the set of values that can be used in the Reply messages.

I however do agree that the relevant text should be modified to clarify
these scenario and request authors to take this in IG or upcoming V3
document.

regards
B Venkat S.R Swamy
Senior Technical Leader
Flextronics Software Systems
Phone:  +91-124-2455555 Extn 3620
Fax: +91-124-2455345
web: www.hssworld.com

             Seraya.Miletzki@e
             citele.com
             Sent by:                                                   To
             megaco-bounces@ie         [email-masked]
             tf.org                                                     cc

                                                                   Subject
             05/26/2005 05:17          [Megaco] Conformance tests question
             PM

Hello all

I was performing conformance tests for the MEGACO according ETSI TS 101
889-2 v1.1.1 (2002-08).
I have a question regarding some of the expected results appeared on this
tests:
On error tests (BI type) there are several tests that send request with
ContextID set to CHOOSE ($).
The expected results on the tests contain action reply with ContextID set
to CHOOSE.
Here is an example for this tests :

TP/MG/AD/BI-01 Reference: ITU-T Recommendation H.248.1 [3] clause 7.2.1
Selection criteria: ROOT termination implemented
Initial condition: any
Ensure that the IUT, on receipt of a Transaction Request containing
      • Action request with
            o CID set to CHOOSE
            o ADD Command request wi
sends a Transaction Reply containing
      • Action reply with
            o CID set to CHOOSE
            o ADD Command reply wi
RO

The H.248.1 v1 spec mandate that transaction reply may only contain a
specific
ContextID, ALL (*), or NULL (-).

Here's the relevant text from the H.248.1 v1 spec:
8.2.2     TransactionReply
...
The ContextID parameter must specify a value to pertain to all Responses
for the action. The ContextID may be specific, all or null.

The following 19 items are the test cases with this requirement.

1.    TP/MG/AD/BI-01
2.    TP/MG/AC/BI-01
3.    TP/MG/AC/BI-02
4.    TP/MG/AC/BI-03
5.    TP/MG/AC/BI-04
6.    TP/MG/AV/BI-01
7.    TP/MG/AV/BI-02
8.    TP/MG/AV/BI-03
9.    TP/MG/AV/BI-04
10.   TP/MG/MD/BI-01
11.   TP/MG/MD/BI-02
12.   TP/MG/MD/BI-03
13.   TP/MG/MD/BI-09
14.   TP/MG/SU/BI-01
15.   TP/MG/SU/BI-02
16.   TP/MG/SU/BI-03
17.   TP/MG/SU/BI-04
18.   TP/MG/MV/BI-01
19.   TP/MG/MV/BI-02

Please help me to clear this issue.

Thanks

Seraya_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

***********************  FSS-Restricted   ***********************
"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems Limited
(HSS) and is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is
addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential information and
should not be circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is
intended. If you have received this message in error, please notify the
originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
notified that you are strictly prohibited from using, copying, altering, or
disclosing the contents of this message. HSS accepts no responsibility for
loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this
email including damage from virus."
"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Flextronics Software
Systems Limited (FSS) and is intended solely for the use of the
individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain  privileged or
confidential information and should not be circulated or used for
any purpose other than for what it is intended. If you have received
this message in  error, please notify the originator immediately.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are
strictly  prohibited  from  using, copying, altering, or disclosing
the contents of this message.  FSS  accepts no  responsibility  for
loss or damage arising from the use of  the information transmitted
by this email including damage from virus."

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "B Venkat S.R Swamy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 09:53:57 +0530

Hi

Its mostly a implementation issue, whether the MG first does all the
validation and then create a context or it first create a context and then
handles the different
commands. However if MG created a context and then replied with error
descriptor, then it should not expect a explicit Subtract command from MGC
to delete the context and it should internally clear the context.
Had there been a second command in the same context, and one of the command
was successfully executed and other got an error, then it make sense to
send the valid context id in reponse.

regards
B Venkat S.R Swamy
Senior Technical Leader

             Seraya.Miletzki@e                                             
             citele.com                                                    
                                                                        To 
             05/26/2005 07:45          B Venkat S.R Swamy/HSS@HSS          
             PM                                                         cc 
                                       [email-masked]                     
                                                                   Subject 
                                       Re: [Megaco] Conformance tests      
                                       question                            

                                                                           

Hi

Thanks

Seraya

                      "B Venkat S.R Swamy"

                      <b.swamy@flextronicsso         To:
[email-masked]

                      ftware.com>                    cc:
[email-masked]

                                                     Subject: Re: [Megaco]
Conformance tests question
                      26/05/2005 15:25

Hi

regards
B Venkat S.R Swamy
Senior Technical Leader

             Seraya.Miletzki@e
             citele.com
             Sent by:                                                   To

                                                                   Subject

Hello all

1.    TP/MG/AD/BI-01
2.    TP/MG/AC/BI-01
3.    TP/MG/AC/BI-02
4.    TP/MG/AC/BI-03
5.    TP/MG/AC/BI-04
6.    TP/MG/AV/BI-01
7.    TP/MG/AV/BI-02
8.    TP/MG/AV/BI-03
9.    TP/MG/AV/BI-04
10.   TP/MG/MD/BI-01
11.   TP/MG/MD/BI-02
12.   TP/MG/MD/BI-03
13.   TP/MG/MD/BI-09
14.   TP/MG/SU/BI-01
15.   TP/MG/SU/BI-02
16.   TP/MG/SU/BI-03
17.   TP/MG/SU/BI-04
18.   TP/MG/MV/BI-01
19.   TP/MG/MV/BI-02

Thanks