Subject: [Megaco] Megaco Version Info Required

From: jijo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 12:54:42 +0530

Hi All,

What's latest RFC Version for Megaco from ITU-T and IETF?
I got confused with ITU-T and IETF.. According to my understanding ITU 
H.248.1 (05/02) is the Version 2 of Gateway control protocol. The RFC 
3525 is the version 1 of Megaco from IETF and Version 2 is not  yet 
released. Am i correct??

Please let me know asap.

Thanks
Jijo

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 14:25:55 +0530

Hi

Megaco protocol standardization started with IETF and they came up
different drafts and RFCs(3015,3525).
Later on the Megaco standarization was taken up by ITU-T SG16 group and
they came with H248 series of documents.

The RFC 3525 is equivalent to ITU-T H248.1 V1(March 2002)
The latest released version of Megaco from ITU-T is H248.1 V2(May 2002).
There are also other H248 Sub-series(H248.2 to H248.35) documents from
ITU-T which specifies the different Megaco packages.  All the Amendments
and corrections to released documents are captured in the H248 Implementors
guide.
Changes over and above the H248.1 V2 and sub-series documents are available
in the H248 IG(Mar 2004)  and H248 Sub-series IG(Nov 2004) respectively.

The current development version of H248.1 is V3 which is supposed to be
released by June end timeframe. Megaco Authors can provide a  more exact
date for the release of H248.1 V3 version.

Hope this clarifies your doubt.

regards
B Venkat S.R Swamy
Senior Technical Leader
Flextronics Software Systems
Phone:  +91-124-2455555 Extn 3620
Fax: +91-124-2455345
web: www.hssworld.com

             jijo                                                          
             <jijoj@axestechno                                             
             logies.com>                                                To 
             Sent by:                  Megaco <[email-masked]>            
             megaco-bounces@ie                                          cc 
             tf.org                                                        
                                                                   Subject 
                                       [Megaco] Megaco Version Info        
             05/17/2005 12:54          Required                            
             PM                                                            

Hi All,

Please let me know asap.

Thanks
Jijo

***********************  FSS-Restricted   ***********************

"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Flextronics Software 
Systems Limited (FSS) and is intended solely for the use of the  
individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain  privileged or 
confidential information and should not be circulated or used for 
any purpose other than for what it is intended. If you have received 
this message in  error, please notify the originator immediately. 
If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are
strictly  prohibited  from  using, copying, altering, or disclosing
the contents of this message.  FSS  accepts no  responsibility  for
loss or damage arising from the use of  the information transmitted
by this email including damage from virus."

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 14:42:38 +1000

Hello,

The first part of your summary is not correct.
Both the IETF (Megaco) and ITU (SG16) worked jointly at the same time on 
H.248.1v1. RFC3525 was published based on the work SG16 did maintaining the 
H.248.x sub-series implementors guide.

I would encourage everyone to use the H.248.x documents from:
http://www.itu.int/rec/recommendation.asp?type=products&lang=e&parent=T-REC-H

These are the latest published versions. The IETF drafts are not being actively 
maintained. The ITU makes available free recommendations (a limited number of 
downloads). See: http://www.itu.int/publications/bookshop/how-to-buy.html and 
look under "Free Recommendations".

Regards, Christian

[email-masked] wrote:

>              logies.com>
> To 
>              megaco-bounces@ie
> cc

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 10:16:59 +0530

IMPORTANT: HUGHES SOFTWARE SYSTEMS LTD. (HSS) IS NOW FLEXTRONICS SOFTWARE
SYSTEMS LTD. (FSS)

Hi

Thanx for clarification.

just another update., the working draft versions of the H248
recommendations are also available on the ITU ftp site:
http://ftp3.itu.int/av-arch/avc-site/
for example the H248.1V3 version draft is avaliable at:
http://ftp3.itu.int/av-arch/avc-site/2001-2004/0408_San/TD-33.zip

would request authors to provide the link to the latest draft version of
H248V3.

regards
B Venkat S.R Swamy
Senior Technical Leader

             Christian Groves                                              
             <christian.groves                                             
             @ericsson.com>                                             To 
                                       B Venkat S.R Swamy/HSS@HSS          
             05/18/2005 10:12                                           cc 
             AM                        jijo <[email-masked]>,  
                                       Megaco <[email-masked]>            
                                                                   Subject 
                                       Re: [Megaco] Megaco Version Info    
                                       Required                            

                                                                           

Hello,

These are the latest published versions. The IETF drafts are not being
actively
maintained. The ITU makes available free recommendations (a limited number
of
downloads). See: http://www.itu.int/publications/bookshop/how-to-buy.html
and
look under "Free Recommendations".

Regards, Christian

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 15:02:46 +1000

The latest H.248.1v3 draft can be found at:
http://ftp3.itu.int/av-arch/avc-site/2005-2008/0502_Mel/TD-28a.zip

Christian

[email-masked] wrote:

>              @ericsson.com>
>              05/18/2005 10:12
> downloads). See:
> http://www.itu.int/publications/bookshop/how-to-buy.html
> and
>>Later on the Megaco standarization was taken up by ITU-T SG16 group
> 
> and
> 
>>The latest released version of Megaco from ITU-T is H248.1 V2(May
> 
> 2002).
> 
>>ITU-T which specifies the different Megaco packages.  All the
> 
> Amendments
> 
>>in the H248 IG(Mar 2004)  and H248 Sub-series IG(Nov 2004)
> 
> respectively.
> 
>>The current development version of H248.1 is V3 which is supposed to
> 
> be
> 
>>released by June end timeframe. Megaco Authors can provide a  more
> 
> exact
>