Subject: [Megaco] Status of Events and Signals while moving a termination from one context to another

From: Janardhnan S <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 14:55:36 +0530

Hi All,

While moving a termination from one context to another, what should be 
the status of Events and Signals applied on the termination.

The standard, in section 7.2.4, says that

/*

The Move command does not affect the properties of the Termination on 
which it operates, except those properties explicitly modified by 
descriptors included in the Move command. The AuditDescriptor with the 
Statistics option, for example, would return statistics on the 
Termination just prior to the Move. Possible descriptors returned from 
Move are the same as for Add.

*/

It does not mention anything about the Events and Signals as such. I 
think Events and Signals cannot be considered as a property of the 
termination and as such should not be moved with the termination.

Please throw some light on this....

Thanks,
Jana

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "B Venkat S.R Swamy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 16:14:07 +0530

Hi

Events and Signals descriptors do survive while a termination is moved from
one context to another.
The term "properties" in the protocol is used in generic sense and does not
strictly imply the properties as used in Media descriptor.

There are certain real scenarios where there is a requirement to survive
events and signals during Move operation, such as
Handover in GSM/3G and Conference calls.

regards
B Venkat S.R Swamy
Senior Technical Leader
Flextronics Software Systems
Phone:  +91-124-2455555 Extn 3620
Fax: +91-124-2455345
web: www.hssworld.com

             Janardhnan S                                                  
             <[email-masked]                                             
             >                                                          To 
             Sent by:                  [email-masked]                     
             megaco-bounces@ie                                          cc 
             tf.org                                                        
                                                                   Subject 
                                       [Megaco] Status of Events and       
             05/25/2005 02:55          Signals while moving a termination  
             PM                        from one context to another         

                                                                           

Hi All,

/*

*/

Thanks,
Jana

***********************  FSS-Restricted   ***********************
"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems Limited
(HSS) and is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is
addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential information and
should not be circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is
intended. If you have received this message in error, please notify the
originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
notified that you are strictly prohibited from using, copying, altering, or
disclosing the contents of this message. HSS accepts no responsibility for
loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this
email including damage from virus."

"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Flextronics Software 
Systems Limited (FSS) and is intended solely for the use of the  
individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain  privileged or 
confidential information and should not be circulated or used for 
any purpose other than for what it is intended. If you have received 
this message in  error, please notify the originator immediately. 
If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are
strictly  prohibited  from  using, copying, altering, or disclosing
the contents of this message.  FSS  accepts no  responsibility  for
loss or damage arising from the use of  the information transmitted
by this email including damage from virus."