Subject: [Megaco] benefits of MEGACO over MGCP......

From: "Sreenivasulu Gurram Naidu \(gsnaidu\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 11:56:47 +0530

Hi,
 
I have working knowledge on MGCP with trunking gateways, but got a fair
amount of theoretical know-how on MEGACO.
 
I appreciate someone's response on the advantages of MEGACO over MGCP? I
am particularly looking at the kind of advantages of MEGACO, where
it is not possible to achieve with MGCP.
 
Thanks,
 
Sreenivas
 
_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "B Venkat S.R Swamy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 12:07:08 +0530

Hi

MEGACO is a powerful protocol and lends itself to meet all the requirements
of the existing telecom applications while creating new opportunities for
futuristic multi-media based services. It is therefore emerging as the
long-term solution for the MG-MGC interface. However, today market has
stable MGCP implementation. Currently, the industry trend is to implement
MGCP as a Gateway Control protocol and later move to MEGACO.

For a detailed comparative report on the MEGACO-MGCP protocol kindly refer
the FSS(Earlier HSS) white paper at following link:
http://www.hssworld.com/hss_mindsystem/megaco_vs_mgcp.htm

regards
B Venkat S.R Swamy
Senior Technical Leader
Flextronics Software Systems
Phone:  +91-124-2455555 Extn 3620
Fax: +91-124-2455345
web: www.flextronicssoftware.com

             "Sreenivasulu                                                 
             Gurram Naidu                                                  
             \(gsnaidu\)"                                               To 
             <[email-masked]         <[email-masked]>                   
             m>                                                         cc 
             Sent by:                                                      
             megaco-bounces@ie                                     Subject 
             tf.org                    [Megaco] benefits of MEGACO over    
                                       MGCP......                          
                                                                           
             08/22/2005 11:56                                              
             AM                                                            

Hi,

I appreciate someone's response on the advantages of MEGACO over MGCP? I am
particularly looking at the kind of advantages of MEGACO, where
it is not possible to achieve with MGCP.

Thanks,

Sreenivas

***********************  FSS-Restricted   ***********************
"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Flextronics Software
Systems Limited (FSS) and is intended solely for the use of the
individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain  privileged or
confidential information and should not be circulated or used for
any purpose other than for what it is intended. If you have received
this message in  error, please notify the originator immediately.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are
strictly  prohibited  from  using, copying, altering, or disclosing
the contents of this message.  FSS  accepts no  responsibility  for
loss or damage arising from the use of  the information transmitted
by this email including damage from virus."