Subject: [Megaco] Ordered commands processing

From: "Gillian Wang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 16:13:51 +1000

Dear megaco members,

I have a question on Section 8 of H.248.1v2 specs.
"Transactions guarantee ordered Command processing. That is, Commands within
a Transaction are executed sequentially.
... At the first failing Command in a Transaction, processing of the
remaining Commands in that Transaction stops."

Suppose that a TransactionRequest is like the following:
T=1{C=ContextID1 {Command1, Command2, Command3}, C=ContextID2{Command4,
Command5}}
If an error occurred in processing command2, should we stop processing
Command3 only and go to process the next action for command4 and command5 or
should we "stop processing of the remaining commands (3,4, and 5) in that
Transaction?"

Thanks for your advice.

Regards
Gillian

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 02:46:53 -0400

You halt processing for the entire transaction.  The response would be
something like:

P=1{C=1{Command1, Error}}

Kevin 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Gillian Wang
Sent: Friday, August 19, 2005 2:14 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] Ordered commands processing

Dear megaco members,

I have a question on Section 8 of H.248.1v2 specs.
"Transactions guarantee ordered Command processing. That is, Commands
within a Transaction are executed sequentially.
... At the first failing Command in a Transaction, processing of the
remaining Commands in that Transaction stops."

Suppose that a TransactionRequest is like the following:
T=1{C=ContextID1 {Command1, Command2, Command3}, C=ContextID2{Command4,
Command5}} If an error occurred in processing command2, should we stop
processing
Command3 only and go to process the next action for command4 and
command5 or should we "stop processing of the remaining commands (3,4,
and 5) in that Transaction?"

Thanks for your advice.

Regards
Gillian