Subject: [Megaco] ContextID All with terminationID All

From: "Gillian Wang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 13:47:26 +1000

Dear Megaco Members,

In section 6.3.3 of the latest H.248.1 Corrigendum1, there is a statement
"If there are no matches to the wildcarded ContextID and TerminationID then
error 431 is returned".

Suppose we had the following transaction received from the MGC:

TRANSACTION = 1 {CONTEXT = * {O-W-SUBTRACT = * {AUDIT { }}},
CONTEXT = - {O-W-MODIFY = * {SIGNALS { }, EVENTS, EVENTBUFFER}}}

And currently no contextIDs existing in the MG, what error message should be
response? what level should we response, action or command level? Please
clarify which is the right response of the following four?

Reply 1/
Reply=1 {Context=* {SUBTRACT =* {error=431}}, Context=-{Modify=*}}

Reply 2/
Reply=1 {Context=* {error=411}}

Reply 3/
Reply=1 {Context=* {error=431}}

Reply 4/
Reply=1 {Context=* {SUBTRACT =* {error=411}}, Context=-{Modify=*}}

Regards
Gillian

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 11:50:13 -0400

This was corrected in the IG.  The correct response would be:

P=1{ER=411}

Kevin 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Gillian Wang
Sent: Sunday, August 21, 2005 11:47 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] ContextID All with terminationID All

Dear Megaco Members,

In section 6.3.3 of the latest H.248.1 Corrigendum1, there is a
statement "If there are no matches to the wildcarded ContextID and
TerminationID then error 431 is returned".

TRANSACTION = 1 {CONTEXT = * {O-W-SUBTRACT = * {AUDIT { }}}, CONTEXT = -
{O-W-MODIFY = * {SIGNALS { }, EVENTS, EVENTBUFFER}}}

And currently no contextIDs existing in the MG, what error message
should be response? what level should we response, action or command
level? Please clarify which is the right response of the following four?

Reply 1/

Reply 2/

Reply 3/

Reply 4/

Regards
Gillian

---

From: Raphael Tryster <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 09:31:32 +0200

Hello Kevin,

Where can this IG document be found?

I think I see a logical problem with putting this error at the transaction
level.  (There was a discussion a few months ago about whether "transaction
level" means directly inside the transaction id, or in the place where a
transaction reply would normally go.  I am using it in the former sense).

Suppose you have a transaction with two actions, where the first action
operates on the null context, and the second action operates on all
contexts, and the reality is that no contexts exist.  You would want to give
a normal action reply for the first action, and a reply like P=1{ER=411} for
the second, but you can't.  The syntax below only allows you to return a
transaction-level error if it is the first thing in the transaction.

   transactionReply     = ReplyToken EQUAL TransactionID LBRKT  
                           [ ImmAckRequiredToken COMMA]

                           ( errorDescriptor / actionReplyList ) RBRKT  
                           
   actionReplyList      = actionReply *(COMMA actionReply )  
    
   actionReply  = CtxToken EQUAL ContextID LBRKT  
                  ( errorDescriptor / commandReply / 
                   (commandReply COMMA errorDescriptor) ) RBRKT 

You can only give an error reply to the second action if you put it inside
the context id.  So we have the absurd situation that the error reply to the
same action would look different depending on whether it is the first action
in the transaction or not.

Regards,

Raphael Tryster

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin Boyle [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, August 22, 2005 5:50 PM
To: Gillian Wang; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Megaco] ContextID All with terminationID All

P=1{ER=411}

Kevin 

-----Original Message-----

Dear Megaco Members,

Reply 1/

Reply 2/

Reply 3/

Reply 4/

Regards
Gillian