Subject: [Megaco] Single action request with multiple action responses

From: "Gillian Wang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 11:03:09 +1000

Dear Megaco members,

Is the following response message allowed from the standard point of view?

MGC sends the MODIFY to MG:
T=1{C=-{MF=*{...}}}

MG responses with multiple actions sharing same ContextID:
P=1{C=-{MF=T1, MF=T2}, C=-{MF=T3, MF=T4}, C=-{MF=T5, MF=T6, MF=T7}}

Or the question can be asked as: Is the multiple action response allowed for
a single action request? Any part of H.248 standard addresses that issue?

Regards
Gillian

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Karthikeyan Sankaran" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 23:23:38 -0700

HI Gillian,

H.248 does allow you do give the action response in the way which you
have specified. However you cannot do the same if you are asked for a
wild carded response. 
It is always recommended to group all the commands for a particular
context in an action in the following way which avoids message overload.

P=1{C=-{MF=T1, MF=T2, MF=T3, MF=T4, MF=T5, MF=T6, MF=T7}}

Regards
Karthik

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Gillian Wang
Sent: Wednesday, August 03, 2005 6:33 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] Single action request with multiple action responses 

Dear Megaco members,

Is the following response message allowed from the standard point of
view?

Or the question can be asked as: Is the multiple action response allowed
for
a single action request? Any part of H.248 standard addresses that
issue?

Regards
Gillian

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 12:37:02 -0400

Actually, the intent is that a single action request requires a single
action response.  An action request using a wildcard for the context is
the same as one action request for each match to the wildcard, and may
therefore generate multiple action responses.  The exception to this
would be when using the segmentation added to V3 -- but then the
duplicate actions would appear in different messages.

Kevin 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Karthikeyan Sankaran
Sent: Wednesday, August 03, 2005 2:24 AM
To: Gillian Wang; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Megaco] Single action request with multiple action
responses 

HI Gillian,

Regards
Karthik

-----Original Message-----

Dear Megaco members,

Or the question can be asked as: Is the multiple action response allowed
for a single action request? Any part of H.248 standard addresses that
issue?

Regards
Gillian