Subject: [Megaco] Start Timer(T) Production in digitMapLetter

From: "B Venkat S.R Swamy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 15:16:54 +0530

Hi

what is the significance of including Start timer (T) in the production of
digitMapLetter in H248.1V2(May 2002)

digitMapLetter       = DIGIT   ;Basic event symbols
                      / %x41-4B / %x61-6B ; a-k, A-K
                      / "L" / "S" / "T" ;Inter-event timers
                              ; (long, short, start)
                      / "Z"             ;Long duration modifier

Start timer will always be started(except when digit map contains(T=0) or
we have buffered digit events available) as soon as the digitmap is
activated. Hence how this behaviour is affected by including the start
timer(T) in the digitMapLetter.
Also what should be the behaviour  of MG on receiving following dial plans
(2xxx.|T408x.|X.)
(234T5|408x.)
(2T345|T408x.)

regards
B Venkat S.R Swamy
Senior Technical Leader
Flextronics Software Systems
Phone:  +91-124-2455555 Extn 3620
Fax: +91-124-2455345
web: www.flextronicssoftware.com

***********************  FSS-Restricted   ***********************

"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Flextronics Software 
Systems Limited (FSS) and is intended solely for the use of the  
individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain  privileged or 
confidential information and should not be circulated or used for 
any purpose other than for what it is intended. If you have received 
this message in  error, please notify the originator immediately. 
If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are
strictly  prohibited  from  using, copying, altering, or disclosing
the contents of this message.  FSS  accepts no  responsibility  for
loss or damage arising from the use of  the information transmitted
by this email including damage from virus."

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 10:47:30 -0400

It is included so that it can appear in the digitstring in the
completion event notification, especially for H.248.16.  It seems silly
to include it in a DigitMap alternative.  Its appearance there would
indicate that the start timer would have to run to completion in order
to match at that position.

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of B Venkat S.R Swamy
Sent: Friday, August 05, 2005 5:47 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] Start Timer(T) Production in digitMapLetter

Hi

what is the significance of including Start timer (T) in the production
of digitMapLetter in H248.1V2(May 2002)

Start timer will always be started(except when digit map contains(T=0)
or we have buffered digit events available) as soon as the digitmap is
activated. Hence how this behaviour is affected by including the start
timer(T) in the digitMapLetter.
Also what should be the behaviour  of MG on receiving following dial
plans
(2xxx.|T408x.|X.)
(234T5|408x.)
(2T345|T408x.)

regards
B Venkat S.R Swamy
Senior Technical Leader

"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Flextronics Software Systems
Limited (FSS) and is intended solely for the use of the individual to
whom it is addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential
information and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other
than for what it is intended. If you have received this message in
error, please notify the originator immediately. 
If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are
strictly  prohibited  from  using, copying, altering, or disclosing the
contents of this message.  FSS  accepts no  responsibility  for loss or
damage arising from the use of  the information transmitted by this
email including damage from virus."