Subject: [Megaco] Define abbreviations for properties, signals, events, statistics in one package

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 14:01:57 +0800

Hi，list，
 When the protocol of H.248 be encoded in the text format, the 
abbreviations of the key syntax token have been defined, such as:
AddToken                        = ("Add"                                / 
"A"),
Some properties of specific  packages are  very long,such as:
root/maxTerminationPerContex,root/MGCProvisionalResponseTimerValue,
threegup/ upversions,and so on,
So I think it is necessary to define abbreviations for 
properties,signals,events,statistics in one pacakge.

thanks 
ningdongzi

--------------------------------------------------------
ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to others.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam system.
_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 14:30:54 +0100

NingDongzi,

such lengths for IDs in text encoding are not the general case, the root
package elements are rather the execption.

Exceptional long syntax is in my opinion acceptable in case of "exceptional
application" of such protocol elements (which is given here in case of the
root package).

... and not to forget that the proponents of text encoding have often
"human readable" syntax in mind (which is followed here).

Wouldn't therefor support complementary short token syntax for package
elements.

- Albrecht

                      ning.dongzi@zte.                                                                                                  
                      com.cn                   To:      [email-masked]                                                                 
                                               cc:                                                                                      
                      24.11.2006 07:01         Subject: [Megaco] Define abbreviations for properties, signals, events, statistics in    
                                               one package                                                                              

Hi，list，

thanks
ningdongzi

--------------------------------------------------------
ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is
solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is
confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and
are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to others.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of
the message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the
individual sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam system.
_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 12:08:49 +0800

Hi,Albrecht,
I think I can understand what you concern about, 
it is a trade-off between "human readable" and lower bandwidth.

I want to point out it is a common problem in WCDMA R4 scenario 
when MSC add a ATM termination in MGW, 
as well known,3GUP pacakge should be used here,
such as 
threegup/mode,threegup/upversions,threegup/delerrsdu,threegup/interface,threegup/ 
initdir

If we use abbreviations, we can get a shorter message in whole and 
give a chance to enhance performance of MGW and MSC. 
ningdongzi

[email-masked]

2006-11-24 21:30
 
        收件人：        [email-masked]
        抄送：  [email-masked]
        主题：  Re: [Megaco] Define abbreviations for properties, signals, 
events, statistics in one package

NingDongzi,

Exceptional long syntax is in my opinion acceptable in case of 
"exceptional
application" of such protocol elements (which is given here in case of the
root package).

- Albrecht

                      ning.dongzi@zte.   
 
                                               cc:    
                      24.11.2006 07:01         Subject: [Megaco] Define 
abbreviations for properties, signals, events, statistics in 
                                               one package      

Hi，list，

thanks
ningdongzi

are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to 
others.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam 
system.

are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to 
others.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam 
system.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 08:04:14 +0100

Well,
I did only consider ITU-T defined packages ("actually I don't have any
concerns, in particular not any with regards to bandwidth; if at all, then
with CPU time for message encoder/decoder/parser"), but your referred
package is defined and owned by 3GPP.
Guess you have to raise your question on the 3GPP CT4 exploder...
["A theoretical solution could be a revision of such 3GPP packages,
supporting additionally short token syntax in new package versions, which
would be then backward compatible to V1 packages. But I may imagine that
another alternative could be binary encoding mode."]

Albrecht

                      ning.dongzi@zte.                                                                                                
                      com.cn                   To:      Albrecht SCHWARZ/DE/ALCATEL@ALCATEL                                           
                                               cc:      [email-masked]                                                               
                      25.11.2006 05:08         Subject: 答复: Re: [Megaco] Define abbreviations for properties, signals, events,      
                                               statistics in one package                                                              

Hi,Albrecht,

                                                                          
   Albrecht.Schwarz@a                                                     
   lcatel.de                  收件人：        [email-masked]      
                              抄送：        [email-masked]               
                              主题：        Re: [Megaco] Define           
   2006-11-24 21:30   abbreviations for properties, signals, events,      
                      statistics in one package                           

NingDongzi,

- Albrecht

                     ning.dongzi@zte.

                                              cc:

Hi，list，

thanks
ningdongzi