Subject: [Megaco] Question about Graceful ServiceChange for ROOT termination

From: "Jisu Bhattacharya" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 11:26:38 -0800

Hi!

I need some clarification about the following statement in F.4.1.1
(Service Change in ROOT termination) in H.248.1v3 from MG
implementation perspective.

"3.	Graceful – When sent by the MG, it indicates that the MG is going
OutOfService at the end of the ServiceChangeDelay period. The control
association is terminated at the end of the ServiceChangeDelay period.
When sent by the MGC, the MG shall take itself OutOfService and
terminate the control association at the end of the ServiceChangeDelay
period. Using a ServiceChangeDelay equal to zero or an absent
ServiceChangeDelay indicates that the MG shall go OutOfService and
terminate the control association when the last context is removed
through subtraction of its terminations, and that the MGC shall not
add new connections."

What is the meaning of "connections" in the last sentence? Can the MG
decide which message is creating a new connection and which message is
not, or should this decision be left to MGC? If it is the former case,
 is adding a new context equivalent to adding a new connection? If it
is the latter case, should MG just accept any command from MGC without
worrying whether this is creating a new connection?

Regards,
Jisu Bhattacharya
Cisco Systems

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Jisu Bhattacharya" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 22:01:52 -0800

Resending.

Regards,
Jisu Bhattacharya
Cisco Systems