Subject: [Megaco] H248.9 Extension for Video

From: "Osher Hmelnizky" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 16:04:30 +0200

Hello, my question is regarding H248.9 recommendation. The packages
defined there are audio oriented despite the last Amendment changes,
where the name was changed to "Advanced media server packages".

The video extensions (packages) are in the status of "to be defined". 

I wonder if any work is done or in progress.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Osher

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 08:57:07 +1100

Hello Osher,

Currently there is some work ongoing in ITU SG16 on an amendment to 
H.248.9 to further enhance the video aspects of the recommendation.

The lastest draft of this work can be found at:
http://ftp3.itu.int/av-arch/avc-site/2005-2008/0608_Ott/TD-54.zip

I would expect this work item to be finished mid-2007.

Regards, Christian

Osher Hmelnizky wrote:

>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>

---

From: "Reinaldo Penno" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 21:41:44 -0500

Hello,

I wonder if in the next IETF meeting (this one seems to late) people
would be interested in getting together to discuss implementation issues
related to the whole TISPAN stuff. The meeting wouldn't be to write
standards or anything, but to exchange ideas, _implementation_ issues
and interpretations.

Let me know.

Thanks,

reinaldo