Subject: [Megaco] TOS bits setting

From: "Ron Ho" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 14:55:47 -0500

Hi All,

Is there an way to set TOS bits by not using the defferentiated service
package(ETSI TS 102 333)?  Or is the differentiaed service package my only
choice?

Thanks,
Ron
_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 08:15:17 +0100

The ds/1 package is "inherently" covering signalling of ToS codepoints as
well in my understanding.
Of course, the slightly different value ranges must be considered, but I
cannot see any serious limitation for ToS applications.

The ds/1 package will be published in ITU-T Rec. H.248.52 (draft new ITU-T
Recommendation H.248.52 (ex H.248.QoS) "QoS Support Packages"). The latest
draft will be available under doc number T05-SG16-061114-TD-WP2-0338!R1,
already with information with regards to ToS support, see Appendix IV.2,
but also with editor's notes which indicating that still text is missing
about DSCP vs ToS CP relation.

What we definitely want to avoid are multiple H.248 packages for each
QoS/packet marking mechanism. Saying that, the ds/1 package should be
principally applicable for (see § 1 Scope/H.248.52):
   ·  IPv4 Type-of-Service (ToS) field (IETF RFC 1700),
   ·  IPv4 Differentiated Service (DS) field (IETF RFC 2474),
   ·  IPv6 Traffic Class field (IETF RFC 2460),
   ·  IPv6 Differentiated Service (DS) field (IETF RFC 2474), or
   others

- Albrecht
Editor H.248.52

                      "Ron Ho"                                                                                                          
                      <ron.ho.megaco@g         To:      megaco <[email-masked]>                                                        
                      mail.com>                cc:                                                                                      
                                               Subject: [Megaco] TOS bits setting                                                       
                      20.11.2006 20:55                                                                                                  

Hi All,

Thanks,
Ron_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco