Subject: [Megaco] signal directions in stream

From: "Luke Zhang \(luzhan\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 10:28:53 +0800

Hi,
 
When a termination is in a context and in send-receive mode, what
happens if we apply a signal on it? Say if we apply a ring tone, will
this tone be injected into the existing conversation stream, and end
user can hear both voice and the ring tone?
 
And how can we determine the direction of the signal? Can we say that if
a termination is in context, the signal will be always played outward of
context?
 
Thanks, Luke
___________________________________________________
Luke Zhang
Software Engineer, China R&D Center, Cisco Systems
14th floor, Block C, Keji Building, 900 Yishan Lu, Caohejing Hi-Tech
Park, Shanghai, P.R.C, 200233                    ....
Phone : +86 (21) 2405 7082                         .....   __0
Mobile: +86 159 2133 9185                         ....   _\ <,_
Email : [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>
___(_)/_(_)__
___________________________________________________

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Saurabh, Kumar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 13:14:58 +0530

Signal passes towards the exterior of the context unless overridden by
signal direction parameter. If a ring tone is applied (direction
parameter not specified) the tone will be played towards the exterior of
the context and would not be injected into the existing conversation
stream. Only the termination on which ring tone is applied would be able
to hear it.

H.248 V3 introduces directionality as a default Signal parameter with
values EXTERNAL, INTERNAL, BOTH.

If the termination is in a context and a signal is applied with:

No Direction Parameter specified - Signal played towards the exterior of
the context.

With Direction Parameter as External - Signal played towards the
exterior of the context.

With Direction Parameter as Internal - Signal played towards the center
of the context (only the other terminations in the context hear the
signal).

With Direction Parameter as Both - Signal played towards the center as
well as exterior of the context (the termination on which signal is
applied also hears the signal along with the other terminations in the
context).

-Saurabh

  _____  

From: Luke Zhang (luzhan) [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, November 22, 2006 07:59
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] signal directions in stream

Hi,

Thanks, Luke