Subject: FW: [Megaco] conflict between embedded descriptors

From: "Stephen Mell \(CV/ETL\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 16:06:02 +0200

Original Reply to Raphael, which didn't get CC'ed to list

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen Mell (CV/ETL) 
Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2007 19:54
To: 'Raphael Tryster'
Subject: RE: [Megaco] conflict between embedded descriptors

Thanks for an interesting problem on the list!

My initial thoughts are:

>From the moment the Off_hook Occurs and is matched as a requested event
the Embedded descriptor is activated, such that only events in that
Embeded events descriptor are now matched. If there are no events in the
OffHook embed descriptor (only embedded signals) control of the event
handling is still dictated by the same requested events descriptor that
detected the Offhook (i.e. the one that contains the g/sc) and if this
is primed for g/sc and the Original interupted signal had IBE reason
set, then yes it will report g/sc.

This is a quirk of IBE rather than embedded signals. Even without embed
descriptors it is possible to generate a Double Notify One with g/sc
{Meth=IBE} and the other with the event that caused the signal
interruption.

Its worth noting that buffer=LockStep mode avoids a lot of these kinds
of issues, in that case only one event is ever triggered and the
termination buffers future events until it is reprimed.

Steve 

-----Original Message-----
From: Raphael Tryster [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2007 11:43
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] conflict between embedded descriptors

When an events descriptor requests more than one event containing an
embedded events or signals descriptor, the first event that occurs will
cause the replacement of the original events descriptor by the embedded
descriptor for that event.  This is well defined as long as two events
cannot occur simultaneously.

Now what happens if the events descriptor contains a signal completion
event and another event, say off-hook, and both have embedded
descriptors?  When off-hook occurs, any signal playing will stop and
trigger the signal completion event.  Whose embedded descriptor is now
activated, that of the off-hook or that of the signal completion?

Raphael Tryster

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco