Subject: [Megaco] Number of Extension Resources in Detailed Congestion Reporting Package

From: "Arvind Charanyan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 17:26:04 +0530

Hi,

In the case of the Detailed Congestion Reporting Package (DCR), the
resource names and IDs are as given below -

Table 1/H.248.32 - Resource Names

Resource Name:

PropertyID / EnumerationValue

Text Identifier

Binary Identifier

General Resources

gen

0x0001

DSP Resources

dsp

0x0002

IP Resources

ip

0x0003

ATM Resources

atm

0x0004

Reserved

0x0005 - 0x0020

Extension Resource 1

ext1

0x0021

Extension Resource 2

ext2

0x0022

...

Extension Resource 20

ext20

0x0040

The Extension Resources are from 1 to 20 as given in the table. Does
that mean there are 32 Extension Resources (from
ext1....extA...ext10....ext1F till ext20)? 

Or does that mean that the number of extension resources is 20, though
their Binary ID is in Hexadecimal?

Thanks and Regards,

Arvind  

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 14:36:14 +0100

This is a valid point in my opinion and an IMG item.
I believe that the intention was not to use hex numbers in the text
identifier and the resource name, we had rather decimal numbers in mind as
far as I remember.

Given that, my suggestion is to change in the last table row
1st column: "Extension resource 20" by "Extension resource 32", and
2nd column: "ext20" by "ext32".

Christian, could we tackle this next week as an IMG item?

-Albrecht

                      "Arvind                                                                                                        
                      Charanyan"               To:      <[email-masked]>                                                            
                      <arvind.charanya         cc:                                                                                   
                      [email-masked]>              Subject: [Megaco] Number of Extension Resources in Detailed Congestion     Reporting  
                                               Package                                                                               
                      07.03.2007 12:56                                                                                               

Hi,

In the case of the Detailed Congestion Reporting Package (DCR), the
resource names and IDs are as given below ?

                     Table 1/H.248.32 ? Resource Names

|----------------------------------------+                            ----|
|             Resource Name:             |       PropertyID /        |    |
|                                        |     EnumerationValue      |    |
|----------------------------------------+---------------------------+----|
|                                        |Text Identifier            |Bina|
|                                        |                           |ry  |
|                                        |                           |Iden|
|                                        |                           |tifi|
|                                        |                           |er  |
|----------------------------------------+---------------------------+----|
|General Resources                       |gen                        |0x00|
|                                        |                           |01  |
|----------------------------------------+---------------------------+----|
|DSP Resources                           |dsp                        |0x00|
|                                        |                           |02  |
|----------------------------------------+---------------------------+----|
|IP Resources                            |ip                         |0x00|
|                                        |                           |03  |
|----------------------------------------+---------------------------+----|
|ATM Resources                           |atm                        |0x00|
|                                        |                           |04  |
|----------------------------------------+---------------------------+----|
|Reserved                                |                           |0x00|
|                                        |                           |05 ?|
|                                        |                           |0x00|
|                                        |                           |20  |
|----------------------------------------+---------------------------+----|
|Extension Resource 1                    |ext1                       |0x00|
|                                        |                           |21  |
|----------------------------------------+---------------------------+----|
|Extension Resource 2                    |ext2                       |0x00|
|                                        |                           |22  |
|----------------------------------------+---------------------------+----|
|                                        |?                          |    |
|----------------------------------------+---------------------------+----|
|Extension Resource 20                   |ext20                      |0x00|
|                                        |                           |40  |
|----------------------------------------+---------------------------+----|

The Extension Resources are from 1 to 20 as given in the table. Does that
mean there are 32 Extension Resources (from ext1?.extA?ext10?.ext1F till
ext20)?

Thanks and Regards,
Arvind

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 18:23:47 +1100

Hello Albrecht,

Yes I can confirm your recollection that the resource name was meant to 
be decimal. Your suggestion seems OK to me as it would rather add values 
than remove values. I'll submit a TD from the Rapporteur to make sure 
this is considered.

Regards, Christian