Subject: [Megaco] conflict between embedded descriptors

From: "Raphael Tryster" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 12:43:09 +0200

When an events descriptor requests more than one event containing an
embedded events or signals descriptor, the first event that occurs will
cause the replacement of the original events descriptor by the embedded
descriptor for that event.  This is well defined as long as two events
cannot occur simultaneously.

Now what happens if the events descriptor contains a signal completion
event and another event, say off-hook, and both have embedded
descriptors?  When off-hook occurs, any signal playing will stop and
trigger the signal completion event.  Whose embedded descriptor is now
activated, that of the off-hook or that of the signal completion?

Raphael Tryster

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Stephen Mell \(CV/ETL\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 21:08:25 +0200

And to answer your question ... (apologies for not reading to the end) 

I think once the g/sc is matched its embedded descriptor is activated,
even if the g/sc event is in the ReqEventDescripor as the Original
Offhook, because control of the event handler may still be with the
original ReqEvents Descriptor, even though control of the signal handler
may have moved into an embedded descriptor.

If the Off_hook event did have an embedded events descriptor though (not
just embedded signals), it's a different. there is a new priming to be
applied after the Off-hook which will dictate what happens to the g/sc.

Steve.

-----Original Message-----
From: Raphael Tryster [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2007 11:43
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] conflict between embedded descriptors

Raphael Tryster