Subject: [Megaco] V3 question - statistics per stream

From: "Dani Stettiner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 19:19:20 +0200

Dear Expers,

   Section    "7.1.15        Statistics Descriptor" says:

   "By default, statistics occur at a   termination level"

    However, MGC might instruct mg to collect some statistics in stream
level.

     The section  also says that on subtract by default all statistics
should be reported for both termination level and stream level 

     (naturally at stream level it would be only the  statistics  we
were asked to collect)

     And it says that by default the statistics of termination level
should be computed as the sum of statistics from streams

     (unless if special computation is needed such as average, but I
stay with the simple sum case)

   Suppose a termination has 2 streams, MGC instructs MG to collect a
specific statisticsParameter  (e.g. rtp/pr)

    In stream 1 only.

    My questions are:

1.       Should rtp/pr be collected also in termination level?

2.       What should I report in subtract as the value for termination
level?  It is supposed to be the sum from 2 streams, but 

only  stream 1 was instructed to collect this field.   (seems to me that
if the value was collected also in termination level 

 it is more accurate  in this case to report it instead of the sum)

   thanks

Dan Stettiner
Software Engineer, R&D
H.248/MEGACO 

Audiocodes
Email: [email-masked]
Tel. +972-3-9764415
www.audiocodes.com
<http://www.audiocodes.com/ohttp:/www.audiocodes.com/> 

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco