Subject: [Megaco] MEGACO LOST CONNECTION

From: israel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 14:22:24 -0800 (PST)

Hi,
    When the IP connection between two media gateways is bounced, is posible
for this protocol to reestablish the H.248 communication?

     Thanks,
IM

-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/MEGACO-LOST-CONNECTION-tf3330269.html#a9259966
Sent from the IETF - Megaco mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: Terry Howe <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 07:47:55 -0700

> for this protocol to reestablish the H.248 communication?

It would be possible for the application using the protocol to
reestablish.  I don't think it would be up to the protocol.

Terry Howe

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 12:40:20 -0500

H.248 does not run over the link between two MGs.  I assume the question
is if the RTP connection is lost, can H.248 be used to reestablish the
connection?  The answer is yes -- as long as the MGC(s) involved know
that the connection was lost.  It would not be autonomous, however --
the MGC(s) controlling the MGs would have to set the connection back up.

Kevin 

-----Original Message-----
From: Terry Howe [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, March 02, 2007 9:48 AM
To: israel
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Megaco] MEGACO LOST CONNECTION

On Thu, 2007-03-01 at 14:22 -0800, israel wrote:
> Hi,
>     When the IP connection between two media gateways is bounced, is 
> posible for this protocol to reestablish the H.248 communication?
> 

Terry Howe

---

From: Sudhanshu Garg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2007 09:41:24 +0530

Hi,

You may find the H.248.40 "Application data inactivity detection package" 
useful here.

Regards,
Sudhanshu Garg
Technical Leader
Aricent
Phone:  +91-124-4176333 extn 5109
Fax: +91-124-4176224
web: www.aricent.com

israel <[email-masked]> 
03/02/2007 03:52 AM

To
[email-masked]
cc

Subject
[Megaco] MEGACO LOST CONNECTION

Hi,
posible

     Thanks,
IM

-- 
View this message in context: 
http://www.nabble.com/MEGACO-LOST-CONNECTION-tf3330269.html#a9259966
Sent from the IETF - Megaco mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

***********************  Aricent-Private   ***********************
"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Aricent  and is intended solely for the use of 
the individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged or confidential information and should not be 
circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is intended. If you have received this message in error, 
please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are strictly
prohibited from using, copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. Aricent accepts no responsibility for 
loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this email including damage from virus."
_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 16:09:34 +0100

[This relates to loss of "bearer connection" or "bearer connectivity"
(right?), but not loss of connectivity concerning the "H.248 Control
Association".]

I may confirm that the adid package may be used for the DETECTION of
inactivity on the IP connection between the two H.248 MGs. RE-ESTABLISHMENT
is firstly meaningless, because the MG would NOTIFY only the MGC in case of
inactivity. Not more. Re-establishment make anyway only sense for
connection-oriented IP transport connections, e.g. TCP or SCTP, but not
UDP.
[You could specify e.g. TCP re-establishment behaviour in an H.248 Profile
specification.]

Instead of H.248.40, you may also use other inactivity/activity DETECTION
methods for IP ROUTES (like e.g. BFD, ICMP Ping, RTP NOOP) and CORRELATE
them with H.248 REPORTING methods like e.g. H.248 ServiceChange, H.248
netfail event, H.248 quality alert event.
Again, the selected method should be specified in an H.248 Profile
specification because MGC and MG require the same semantic of the applied
syntax.

- Albrecht

                      Sudhanshu Garg                                                                                                  
                      <sudhanshu.garg@a         To:      israel <[email-masked]>                                             
                      ricent.com>               cc:      [email-masked]                                                              
                                                Subject: Re: [Megaco] MEGACO LOST CONNECTION                                          
                      03.03.2007 05:11                                                                                                

Hi,

Regards,
Sudhanshu Garg
Technical Leader
Aricent

 03/02/2007 03:52 AM                                                    To 
                                             [email-masked]               
                                                                        cc 
                                                                           
                                                                   Subject 
                                             [Megaco] MEGACO LOST          
                                             CONNECTION                    

                                                                           

Hi,

    Thanks,
IM

                                                                            
 "DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Aricent  and is intended       
 solely for the use of                                                      
 the individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged or       
 confidential information and should not be                                 
 circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is intended. If  
 you have received this message in error,                                   
 please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended      
 recipient, you are notified that you are strictly                          
 prohibited from using, copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of    
 this message. Aricent accepts no responsibility for                        
 loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this 
 email including damage from virus."