Subject: [Megaco] Re: Text encoding of the ds/dscp property

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 08:45:25 +0200

I think it should be B8.

See also Figure 1/H.248.52 concerning property value mapping on IPv4 DS
octet.

Further:
1) proposed change of data type in ds v1
See ETSI TISPAN#14-bis
14bTD214   Gate control protocol - Data type and encoding of ds/dscp
property

2) Example in ds v1
We need some example mappings, in case that data type remains octet string.
This was already requested by a couple of people.

3) ds version 2
see our proposal C-244  Draft H.248.52 - Data type and encoding of ds/dscp
property - Proposal to start ds version 2 package

-Albrecht

                      "Elad Chomsky"                                                                                                 
                      <[email-masked]         To:      <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>                      
                      t>                       cc:                                                                                   
                                               Subject: Text encoding of the ds/dscp property                                        
                      20.06.2007 19:33                                                                                               

Hello Albrecht,

I apologize for troubling you with such a trivial matter; however I'm in
need of an authoritative answer.

I am confused regarding the text encoding of the ds/dscp property (when
using ds version 1).

As an example, I'll use DSCP value 2E (101110). Because only the 6
significant bits of the ds/dscp property are significant, the property
should represent the binary string "10111000". To me it appears most
logical that such a binary string will be text-encoded as "B8". However
annex B.3 of H.248.1 seems to indicate that the string is transposed and
encoded as "1D".

Is the "1D" interpretation correct? Or am I misreading annex B.3?

Thank you very much,
Elad Chomsky

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Elad Chomsky" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 18:33:11 +0100

Hello Albrecht,

Thank you very much,
Elad Chomsky