Subject: Re: [Megaco] Restart Behavior on Physical Terminations

From: Bill Xiaoshaoping <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2008 12:32:46 +0800

Thanks for your answers.
I think,the statement in Annex F.4.1.1/H.248 V3 could be considered 
misleading to the similar statement in Annex F.4.1.2.

Excerpt from Annex F.4.1.1/H.248 V3:
"1.    Restart ¨C ...... When sent by the MGC, the MG shall restart itself 
using the indicated ServiceChangeReason."

The text implies the MG must send a ServiceChange command to the MGC because 
only MG can  instantiate a control association, but the physical termination 
does not need a message back actually. Possibly it is clear if changed to 
"the MG shall  establish a new control association using the indicated 
ServiceChangeReason."

Thanks,
Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: "Kevin Boyle" <kboyle at nortel.com>
Sent: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 19:46:54 -0500
To: "John Wainwright" <john.wainwright at txpcorporation.com>, <megaco at 
ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Megaco] Restart Behavior on Physical Terminations

Huh?

If the MGC just sent a SC command on a particular termination, why would the 
MG send another one back?  The MG should do whatever internally constitutes 
a restart of the termination and reply to the command.  What actions the MG 
takes are a matter of implementation, but the termination should end up as 
if it has just started up.

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: megaco-bounces at ietf.org [mailto:megaco-bounces at ietf.org] On 
Behalf Of John Wainwright
Sent: Friday, February 01, 2008 9:35 AM
To: megaco at ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Megaco] Restart Behavior on Physical Terminations

The MG sends a Service Change request to the MGC with method=restart for the 
specific termination that has restarted.

-----Original Message-----
From: megaco-bounces at ietf.org [mailto:megaco-bounces at ietf.org] On 
Behalf Of Bill Xiaoshaoping
Sent: Friday, February 01, 2008 1:52 AM
To: megaco at ietf.org
Subject: [Megaco] Restart Behavior on Physical Terminations

Hi all,

Excerpt from Annex F.3.9/H.248 V3:
"To restore service to a termination or group of terminations, the MGC sends 
a ServiceChange with ServiceChangeMethod ?¡ãRestart?¡À on the termination/s 
in question. See clauses F.4.1.2 and F.4.1.3 for actions to be taken by the 
MGC."

Excerpt from Annex F.4.1.2/H.248 V3:
Restart ¡§C When sent by the MG, the MG announces that the termination(s) 
have restarted, or is announcing a capability change. The 
ServiceChangeReason indicates what actions may need to be taken by the MGC.
When sent by the MGC, the MG shall restart the termination(s) using the 
indicated ServiceChangeReason.

It is not clear to me that what actions should be taken by the MG to restart 
the termination, should the MG issue a ServiceChange Command on the Physical 
Termination similar to the case of MGC Initiated Service Restoration on ROOT 
termination, or just "restart" the termination internally without any 
further ServiceChange message to the MGC?

Please help me to clear this issue.

Thanks and Regards,
Bill

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
Megaco at ietf.org
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco
_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
Megaco at ietf.org
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco