Subject: [Megaco] total bandwidth for AMR 12.2

From: "Agonias, Richard L. \(Digitel-GSM\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 08:30:26 +0800

Hi,

Hope you can help me. I want to get the bandwidth consumption of the IP
Payload on our MGW with an AMR 12.2 codec. What's the formula?

Regards,

Richard

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Schwarz Albrecht" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 07:16:35 +0200

Richard,
 
you may find the general formula in below contribution:
 
http://ftp3.itu.int/av-arch/avc-site/2005-2008/0703_She/AVD-2999.zip
AVD-2999
<http://ftp3.itu.int/av-arch/avc-site/2005-2008/0703_She/AVD-2999.zip>
3	 H.248 Statistics - Transformation of Traffic-volume related
Statistics between Protocol Layers and potential Transformation Rules 	
 
See IV.6.3 Bitrate.
You need the AMR framing specifications, i.e.
a) native (=IETF based framing): see RFC 4867
b) 3GPP-specific framing: see FPs for CS domain.
You are interested in the L3 SDU based bitrate.
 
You may transform (under conditions) such kind of traffic metrics
between layers, see IV.7. E.g. if you are looking on L3 PDU based
values.
 
-Albrecht

________________________________

	From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Agonias, Richard L. (Digitel-GSM)
	Sent: Mittwoch, 4. Juni 2008 02:30
	To: [email-masked]
	Subject: [Megaco] total bandwidth for AMR 12.2

	Hi,

	Hope you can help me. I want to get the bandwidth consumption of
the IP Payload on our MGW with an AMR 12.2 codec. What's the formula?

	Regards,

	Richard