Subject: [Megaco] What is the correct treatment when an action fails?

From: Nurit Shenhar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 14:11:28 +0300

Hi all

Assuming we have two actions in a transaction, the first refers to ALL contexts and the second refers to the NULL context, what should be the correct treatment if there are no active contexts on the gateway?  Should the second action be performed?

The standard refers to the case in which a command fails, but not to the case in which the action fails.

Thanks,

Nurit Shenhar
Control and management Leader

Email: [email-masked]
Tel.  +972-3-9764155
Fax. +972-3-9764223
www.audiocodes.com<http://www.audiocodes.com/>

________________________________
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential material. They are intended solely for the use of the designated individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, use, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

If you have received this email in error please immediately notify the sender and delete or destroy any copy of this message
_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "John Wainwright" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 15:19:49 -0500

We have a classic case of this scenario with our response shown below

As you see we respond to both Actions.  Hope this helps

John

!/2 [w.x.y.z]:20000  T=284515136 {

C=*{

O-AV=A1{

AT{M,E}}},

C=-{

O-AV=A1{

AT{M,E}}}}

MEGACO/2 [a.b.c.d]:2084

REPLY = 284515136 {

  CONTEXT = * {

    AUDITVALUE = A1 {

      ERROR = 435 { "Termination ID is not in specified Context" }

    }

  },

  CONTEXT = - {

    AUDITVALUE = A1 {

      EVENTS = 84412159 { AL/ON,

                          AL/OF { STRICT = STATE } },

      MEDIA {

        TERMINATIONSTATE { SERVICESTATES = INSERVICE,

                           BUFFER = OFF }

      }

    }

  }

}

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Nurit Shenhar
Sent: Tuesday, September 16, 2008 6:11 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] What is the correct treatment when an action fails?

Hi all

Assuming we have two actions in a transaction, the first refers to ALL
contexts and the second refers to the NULL context, what should be the
correct treatment if there are no active contexts on the gateway?
Should the second action be performed?

The standard refers to the case in which a command fails, but not to the
case in which the action fails.

Thanks,

Nurit Shenhar

 

Tel.  +972-3-9764155

Fax. +972-3-9764223

www.audiocodes.com <http://www.audiocodes.com/> 

 

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential material.
They are intended solely for the use of the designated individual or
entity to whom they are addressed. If the reader of this message is not
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
use, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful.

If you have received this email in error please immediately notify the
sender and delete or destroy any copy of this message

****************************************
The information contained in this message may be confidential, privileged or protected from disclosure. If you have received it by mistake, please let us know by e-mail reply and delete it from your system; you may not copy, disseminate or disclose the contents of this message to anyone.
_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Krishna Prasad Kalluri" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 09:31:49 +0200

Hi Nurit,
 
It depends on whether the first command is marked with optional flag or
not. If the first command is marked with "optional" flag then you have
to continue and execute the section action request.
 
Here is the description from H.248.v2 page 43
Commands may be marked as "Optional" which can override this behaviour -
if a command marked as Optional results in an error, subsequent commands
in the Transaction will be executed.
 
So though the "optional" indication is there at the command level it
applies to the Action request. The above statement is saying subsequent
commands in the "TRANSACTION".
 
Regards
Krishna 

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Nurit Shenhar
Sent: den 16 september 2008 13:11
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] What is the correct treatment when an action fails?

Hi all

Thanks,

Nurit Shenhar

 

Tel.  +972-3-9764155

Fax. +972-3-9764223