Subject: [Megaco] Megaco question about interpretation of dot in a digitmap

From: Ramesh Babu Kuppili <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2008 22:24:58 +0530

Hello, Megaco question about interpretation of dot in a digitmap. According the spec, the definition of "dot" is as follows: "Finally, the dot symbol "." stands for zero or more repetitions of the event selector (event, range of events, set of alternative events, or wildcard) that precedes it." What does "zero of more repetitions of the event selector that precedes it" mean. For example, if the digitmap is x., does it mean x + zero of more repetitions of x or does it mean just zero or more repetitions of x. As another example, lets say the digitmap i receive have a digitmap: "1x." and if the dialed digits as "123".  What should be the timers started: (case 1) 1 - Long timer 2 - Long timer 3 - Short timer (this is x + zero or more repetitions of x) or (case 2) 1 - Long timer 2 - Short timer 3 - Short timer (this is zero or more repetitions of x) Thanks a lot for your time. - ramesh 
_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Raphael Tryster" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2008 20:13:46 +0300

Kevin Boyle answered this last year as copied below.  However, I suspect
not all deployed implementations comply.
 
Raphael
 
The key word here in H.248 is "repetitions". The map you provide as an
example asks for "0800" followed by one or more digits between 0 and 9.

That is, "08005" matches as does "08005678", but "0800" does NOT match.

Kevin

________________________________

From: Bill Xiaoshaoping [mailto:[email-masked]
<mailto:[email-masked]> ]

Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2007 5:02 AM

To: [email-masked]

Subject: [Megaco] DOT in H.248 Digit map syntax

Hello all,

Given a digit plan of "0800x.", which is the real intention of the

following two:

1. matching with the dialed digits starting with 0800 followed by at

least 1 digit and possible more digits

2. matching with the dialed digits starting with 0800 followed by ZERO

digit or more

Section 7.1.14.3 DigitMap syntax/H248 v3:

.....Finally, the dot symbol "." stands for zero or more repetitions of

the event selector (event, range of events, set of alternative events,

or wildcard) that precedes it. 

Explanation in MGCP is: 

* Position: A period (".") which matches an arbitrary number,

including zero, of occurrences of the preceding

construct.

Does the zero repetiton in H.248 means no occurence of the previous

element as in MGCP? The digit map syntaxs of both are almost the same.

Any help on this appreciated.

Thanks

________________________________

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Ramesh Babu Kuppili
Sent: Sunday, September 28, 2008 7:55 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] Megaco question about interpretation of dot in a
digitmap

Hello, 

Megaco question about interpretation of dot in a digitmap. 

According the spec, the definition of "dot" is as follows: 
"Finally, the dot symbol "." stands for zero or more repetitions of the
event selector (event, range of events, set of alternative events, or
wildcard) that precedes it." 

What does "zero of more repetitions of the event selector that precedes
it" mean. 

For example, if the digitmap is x., does it mean x + zero of more
repetitions of x or does it mean just zero or more repetitions of x. 

As another example, lets say the digitmap i receive have a digitmap:
"1x." and if the dialed digits as "123".  What should be the timers
started: 

(case 1) 
1 - Long timer 
2 - Long timer 
3 - Short timer 
(this is x + zero or more repetitions of x) 

or (case 2) 
1 - Long timer 
2 - Short timer 
3 - Short timer 
(this is zero or more repetitions of x) 

Thanks a lot for your time. 

- ramesh 

**********************************************************************************************
IMPORTANT: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential. They are intended for the 
named recipient(s) only.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the system manager or the sender immediately and do 
not disclose the contents to anyone or make copies thereof.
*** eSafe scanned this email for viruses, vandals, and malicious content. ***
**********************************************************************************************