Subject: [Megaco] About fax control mode

From: "Gary Li" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 09:53:14 +0800

Hi,

About fax mode, there are four control mode.

1.       non-control 

2.       RTCP control 

3.       softswitch control

4.       Auto VBD(gateway self-negociate)

Can any one help me clarify the means of above fax mode?

And what the MGC behaviour when choose the mode?

PS: I can't find it at any IETF or ITU document. If anyone knows, pls tell
me.

Any information will be appreciated!

Thanks

Regards,

Gary

---

From: Deepak Bissa <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 09:06:03 +0530

Hi Gary,
ITU-T Rec. T.38 (Appendix III) describes the softswitch control and MG Autonomous switchover to fax.
Packages used in softswitch control fax e.g. ctyp, fax and ipfax are published in ITU-T Rec. H.248.2.

With regards,
Deepak Bissa
________________________________
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Gary Li
Sent: Wednesday, August 26, 2009 7:23 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] About fax control mode

Hi,

PS: I can't find it at any IETF or ITU document. If anyone knows, pls tell me.
Any information will be appreciated!
Thanks

Regards,
Gary

________________________________
"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Aricent and is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged or confidential information and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is intended. If you have received this message in error,please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from using, copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. Aricent accepts no responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this email including damage from virus."

---

From: "Gary Li" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 12:59:44 +0800

Hi Deepak,

Yes, I got the answer at the Annex E2.2.

Thanks a lot,

Regards,

Gary

  _____  

From: Deepak Bissa [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, August 26, 2009 11:36 AM
To: Gary Li; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Megaco] About fax control mode

Hi Gary,

ITU-T Rec. T.38 (Appendix III) describes the softswitch control and MG
Autonomous switchover to fax.

Packages used in softswitch control fax e.g. ctyp, fax and ipfax are
published in ITU-T Rec. H.248.2.

With regards,

Deepak Bissa

  _____  

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Gary Li
Sent: Wednesday, August 26, 2009 7:23 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] About fax control mode

Hi,

1.       non-control 

2.       RTCP control 

3.       softswitch control

Thanks

Regards,

Gary

  _____  

"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Aricent and is intended solely
for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain
privileged or confidential information and should not be circulated or used
for any purpose other than for what it is intended. If you have received
this message in error,please notify the originator immediately. If you are
not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are strictly
prohibited from using, copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this
message. Aricent accepts no responsibility for loss or damage arising from
the use of the information transmitted by this email including damage from
virus."