Subject: [Megaco] H.248/Megaco Progress

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2013 16:37:23 +1100

Hello all,

Just to keep you up to date with the progress on H.248/Megaco. An ITU-T 
Q3/16 meeting was held at the start of November where we worked a number 
of work items.

We Consented:
-------------
o H.248.80 (ex H.SDPMAPPER) "Usage of the revised SDP offer / answer 
model with H.248" (New)
o H.248.86 (ex H.248.DPI) "Deep Packet Inspection" (New)
o H.248.87 (ex H.248.RTCPPROF) "Guidelines on the use of H.248 
capabilities for performance monitoring in RTP networks in H.248 Profiles"
o H.248.88 (ex H.248.RTPTOPO) "H.248 IP-to-IP Gateways – RTCP handling 
vs RTP topologies"

We Approved:
------------
o H.Supp.12 (ex H.Supp.Prio) "Gateway control protocol: Priority traffic 
treatment by H.248 gateways" (New)[HSupp12(ex.Prio).zip]

Continued work on:
------------------
o H.248 IG “H.248 Sub-series Implementors' Guide”
o H.248.39 (Rev.) "H.248 SDP parameter identification and wildcarding" 
[H248_39_rev.zip]
o H.248.50 (Rev.) "NAT traversal toolkit packages" (Revised) 
[H248_50_rev.zip]
o H.248.66 (ex H.248.RTSP) "Packages for RTSP and H.248 interworking" 
(New)[H248_66(ex.rtsp).zip]
o H.248.74 (ex H.248.MRCP) "Media Resource Control Enhancement Packages" 
(New)[H248_74(ex.mrcp).zip]
o H.248.78 (Rev.) “Bearer-level application level gateway” [H248_78_rev.zip]
o H.248.TCP "Gateway Control Protocol: TCP support packages" (New) 
[H248_TCP.zip]
o H.248.TLS "Transport Layer Security" [H248_TLS.zip]
o H.248.TLSPROF "Guidelines on the use of H.248 capabilities for 
transport security in TLS networks in o H.248 Profiles" [H248_TLSPROF.zip]
o H.248.WEBRTC "Guidelines on the use of H.248 capabilities for 
Web-based Real-Time Communication Services in H.248 Profiles" (New) 
[H248_WEBRTC.zip]
o H.248.RTP-MUX "Gateway control protocol: H.248 Support for RTP 
multiplexing" [H248_RTP-MUX.zip]
o H.248.DTLS “Gateway control protocol: H.248 support for control of 
transport security using DTLS” [H248_DTLS.zip]
o H Series Supp. 2 "H.248.x sub-series packages guide – Release 16" 
(Revised) [Hsupp2(pkgsguide).zip]

Accepted new work items for:
----------------------------
o H.248.SEPLINK "Gateway control protocol: Stream endpoint interlinkage 
package" (New)[H248_SEPLINK.zip]
o H.248.SCTP "Gateway control protocol: H.248 support for control of 
SCTP bearer connections " (New)[H248_SCTP.zip]
o H.Supp.Openflow "Technical report: Protocol evaluation – OpenFlow 
versus H.248" (New)[HSupp.Openflow.zip]

The output drafts can be found at:
http://wftp3.itu.int/av-arch/avc-site/2013-2016/1310_Gen/1310_Gen.html

Regards, Christian