Subject: [Mentoring-coordinators] Volunteering for a mentor

From: Ignas Bagdonas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 17:09:54 +0100

Hi there,

Would like to put my name forward for becoming a mentor, if my skills 
and qualifications would be seen as suitable.

Below are the details of the mentoring form.

Full name: Ignas Bagdonas

Email address: [email-masked]

Affiliation: Routing System Ltd

Country in which you are based: UK

Gender: Male

IETF area(s) of expertise:Routing and Operations would be main ones, 
Internet as a secondary.

IETF WGs that you are familiar with: idr i2rs mpls ccamp isis pce bfd 
nvo3 bess grow netconf netmod trill.

How many years have you been participating in the IETF? Since 2001 on 
and off, since 2010 constantly involved.

What other SDOs and/or technical activities do you engage in? Following 
BBF, ITU-T for packet transport development, ONF, somewhat involved with 
OIF.

What languages other than English would you be comfortable conversing in 
with your mentee? Russian. In fact this would be my main interest in 
putting the name forward for being a mentor, as in many events and 
conferences discussing with attendees from Russian-speaking countries, 
the language barrier is noted as a major one to be able to get into the 
community. Therefore if anyone from that region would be looking for a 
mentor, I would be happy to help. Lithuanian too, although I guess then 
I would have to be a mentor for myself. :-)

Do you plan to attend the newcomers' meet-and-greet on Sunday at 16:00? 
Would plan to, unless there is a major conflict with YANG editing 
session (time does conflict, cannot say at the moment whether will have 
to be there), and hackathon.

Do you plan to attend the welcome reception on Sunday at 17:00? Yes.

Any other info you'd like to share: Would be interested to help someone 
from LT, LV, EE, RU, UA, PL, GE, or around. However this is not a major 
criteria.

Thank you.

Ignas

---

From: Nalini Elkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2015 11:53:59 +0000 (UTC)

Ignas,

Thanks so much for volunteering to be a mentor.   Your language skills and experience will be of great help to others.

We will add you to the list of mentors.   Please let me know if you will be in Prague.
 
Thanks,

Nalini Elkins
Inside Products, Inc.
(831) 659-8360
www.insidethestack.com

----- Original Message -----
From: Ignas Bagdonas <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: 
Sent: Wednesday, April 29, 2015 12:09 PM
Subject: [Mentoring-coordinators] Volunteering for a mentor

Hi there,

Gender: Male

Thank you.

Ignas

_______________________________________________
mentoring-coordinators mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mentoring-coordinators

---

From: Ignas Bagdonas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2015 12:59:23 +0100

Hi Nalini,

Yes, I will be in Prague. Timing conflicts noted below are for Prague 
meeting.

Ignas

---

From: Nalini Elkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2015 12:01:31 +0000 (UTC)

Great!   Look forward to meeting there.
 
Thanks,

Nalini Elkins
Inside Products, Inc.
(831) 659-8360
www.insidethestack.com

----- Original Message -----
From: Ignas Bagdonas <[email-masked]>
To: Nalini Elkins <[email-masked]>; "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Cc: Naveen Khan <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, April 30, 2015 7:59 AM
Subject: Re: [Mentoring-coordinators] Volunteering for a mentor

Hi Nalini,

Ignas