Subject: [Mentoring-coordinators] Volunteering for a mentor for IETF94

From: Ignas Bagdonas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 11:48:22 +0100

Hi there,

Would like to put my name forward for becoming a mentor for upcoming 
IETF 94, if my skills and qualifications would be seen as suitable.

Below are the details of the mentoring form.

Full name: Ignas Bagdonas

Email address: [email-masked]

Affiliation: Routing System Ltd

Country in which you are based: UK

Gender: Male

IETF area(s) of expertise: RTG and OPS would be main ones, INT as a 
secondary.

IETF WGs that you are familiar with: idr i2rs mpls ccamp isis pce bfd 
nvo3 bess pals rtgwg grow netconf netmod trill bier lime.

How many years have you been participating in the IETF? Since 2001 on 
and off, since 2010 constantly involved.

What other SDOs and/or technical activities do you engage in? Following 
BBF, ITU-T for packet transport development, ONF, somewhat involved with 
OIF, selected topics at IEEE 802.1.

What languages other than English would you be comfortable conversing in 
with your mentee? Russian. In fact this would be my main interest in 
putting the name forward for being a mentor, as in many events and 
conferences discussing with attendees from Russian-speaking countries, 
the language barrier is noted as a major one to be able to get into the 
community. Therefore if anyone from that region would be looking for a 
mentor, I would be happy to help. Lithuanian too, although I guess then 
I would have to be a mentor for myself. :-)

Do you plan to attend the newcomers' meet-and-greet on Sunday at 16:00? 
Would plan to, unless there is a major conflict with YANG editing 
session (time does conflict, cannot say at the moment whether will have 
to be there), and possibly hackathon.

Do you plan to attend the welcome reception on Sunday at 17:00? Yes.

Any other info you'd like to share: Would be interested to help someone 
from LT, LV, EE, RU, UA, PL, GE, or around, or Russian-speaking if 
language would be a barrier for them. However this is not a major criteria.

Thank you.

Ignas

---

From: Nalini Elkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 19:33:02 +0000 (UTC)

Ignas,

Thanks so much!

We will put you on the list.   We are doing some re-organizing at the moment of the mentoring program but will keep you posted as to the results.
 Thanks,

Nalini Elkins
Inside Products, Inc.
www.insidethestack.com
(831) 659-8360

----- Original Message -----
From: Ignas Bagdonas <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Cc: 
Sent: Wednesday, August 19, 2015 3:48 AM
Subject: [Mentoring-coordinators] Volunteering for a mentor for IETF94

Hi there,

Gender: Male

Thank you.

Ignas

_______________________________________________
mentoring-coordinators mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mentoring-coordinators