Subject: [MEXT] New items in MEXT charter

From: marcelo bagnulo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 15:06:09 +0200

Hi,

These are the modifications that we are planning to include in the MEXT 
chrter.

They are the items that have been accepted by the WG and we have 
proposed some rogh dates for each of those.

Please let us know if you have a problem with the dates.

We are planning to submit this next week (deadline for comments 28 april)

Regards, Julien and marcelo

Binding Revocation for IP Mobility:

 Define a binding revocation mechanism for Mobile IPv6 and its
 extensions.  This mechanism can be used by any entity involved in the
 base Mobile IPv6 protocol or one of its extensions to request its
 corresponding entity to terminate either one, multiple or all binding
 cache entries.

 Generic Notification Message for Mobile IPv6

 A proposal for defining generic notification framework that can be
 used by the mobility entities for sending and receiving asynchronous
 notification messages was proposed and the same was adopted by the
 WG.

 Virtual Home Link configuration for Mobile IPv6

 A proposal has been made on Mobile IPv6 home link configuration on
 virtual links. The proposal does not describe any new protocol, but
 provides the operational and configuration details and additionally
 provides implementation guidance for achieving this
 configuration.Extend DSMIPv6 Home Network Support

 Extend DSMIPv6 Home Network Support

 DSMIPv6 assumes the home network to be dual stack providing
 simultaneous IPv6 and IPv4 network access. It is proposed to extend
 DSMIPv6 to support home networks which provides IPv4, or IPv6
 respectively, direct network access only, but where virtual IPv6 home
 network connectivity, or virtual IPv4 home network connectivity
 respectively, may be obtained by tunneling to the HA. The latter
 shall be obtained by DSMIPv6 operation using the v4HoA address as
 Care-of-address for the v6HoA address, and vice versa, the v6HoA
 address as care-of-address for the v4HoA address.

 July 08 - Submit 00 draft on Binding Revocation

 Oct 08 - Submit 00 draft on Generic Notification

 Oct 08 - Submit 00 draft on Virtual Home link configuration

 Oct 08 - Submit 00 draft on Extended DSMIPv6 Home Network support

 Dec 08 - Submit draft on Binding Revocation to IESG

 Jan 09 - Submit draft on Generic Notification to IESG

 Jan 09 - Submit draft on Virtual Home link configuration to IESG

Jan 09 - Submit draft on Extended DSMIPv6 Home Network support to IESG

_______________________________________________
MEXT mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mext

---

From: "Giaretta, Gerardo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 09:58:45 -0700

Hi Julien and Marcelo,

Thanks for providing the list of new items. Please see one question
below

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of
> marcelo bagnulo
> Sent: Tuesday, April 22, 2008 6:06 AM
> To: mext
> Cc: Julien Laganier
> Subject: [MEXT] New items in MEXT charter
> 
> Hi,
> 

There is a 3GPP dependency on this item (based on TS 24.303) and it
would be good to have it published before the end of 08. The draft has
been around for a while and has already received some good reviews. Do
you think it is feasible to submit the draft to IESG by
September/October?

I also think having 00 version in July is way too late. Isn't just the
draft ready for a 00 WG item version?

Thanks
Gerardo

---

From: "Ahmad Muhanna" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 14:28:23 -0500

Hi Gerardo,
Just as an FYI, The authors of the binding revocation draft will publish
the 00 MEXT personal draft next week to address the latest comments we
have received. 

Regards,
Ahmad

> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On 
> Behalf Of Giaretta, Gerardo
> Sent: Tuesday, April 22, 2008 11:59 AM
> To: marcelo bagnulo; mext
> Cc: Julien Laganier
> Subject: Re: [MEXT] New items in MEXT charter
> 
> Hi Julien and Marcelo,
> 
> Thanks for providing the list of new items. Please see one 
> question below
> 
> There is a 3GPP dependency on this item (based on TS 24.303) 
> and it would be good to have it published before the end of 
> 08. The draft has been around for a while and has already 
> received some good reviews. Do you think it is feasible to 
> submit the draft to IESG by September/October?
> 
> I also think having 00 version in July is way too late. Isn't 
> just the draft ready for a 00 WG item version?
> 
> Thanks
> Gerardo
>