Subject: Re: [MEXT] Result of consensus call on Home Link Detection

From: Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 08:15:13 -0700 (PDT)

If this (MIP6 operation over SDO links) is the only issue overlooked by the previous work of RFC 3775 and the bootstrapping docs, I am OK with it. 
However, I am not sure.

Regards,

Behcet
----- Original Message ----
From: Julien Laganier <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Sent: Monday, April 14, 2008 2:46:37 AM
Subject: [MEXT] Result of consensus call on Home Link Detection

Folks,

There's a clear consensus that we need to document how link link 
detection is done when one of the bootstrapping techniques is used. 
There's also a consensus that it is useful to document in an
INFORMATIONAL document the above

Raj has however suggested that we'd better to do this as part of 
RFC3775bis. 

I tend to agree with him for the following reasons:

 - what's missing to document home link detection has really a small 
footprint (i.e. 4 or 5 bullets listing the steps of home link detection 
that we discussed on the mailing list and which are in Suresh and 
George's draft) and does not represent a new feature but only a 
clarification since we're talking about publishing it as informational, 
thus it fits in RFC3775bis

 - it would be good anyway to reference the bootstrapping work in 
rfc3775bis,

 - from a documentation point of view, it is better to document that in 
one doc rather that two since the implementors doesn't have to run 
after too many RFCs.

Thus I'd like to propose that we integrate text in George and Suresh's 
draft in RFC3775bis. Would the WG agree with that way forward?

Thanks.

--julien
 
> There's also a consensus that it is useful to document in an
> INFORMATIONAL document the above since it seems it is not that obvious
> to anyone by reading RFC5026.
_______________________________________________
MEXT mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mext

_______________________________________________
MEXT mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mext