Subject: [MEXT] FW: I-D Action:draft-lim-mext-multiple-coa-verify-02.txt

From: "Benjamin Lim" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 13:32:04 +0800

Hi all,

We have submitted the revise version for this ID that analyzes solutions to
the fake CoA binding threat described in the MCoA ID & the residual threats
ID.  The bulk of the revision is in the solution analysis section where we
highlight the pros and cons for each solution approach.  Also,
recommendations are given to try and optimize each solution approach to
reduce their cons.

Comments are welcomed and appreciated.

Regards,
Benjamin Lim

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Friday, July 11, 2008 1:15 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action:draft-lim-mext-multiple-coa-verify-02.txt 

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title           : Verification of Care-of Addresses in Multiple
Bindings Registration
	Author(s)       : B. Lim, et al.
	Filename        : draft-lim-mext-multiple-coa-verify-02.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2008-07-10

Using multiple care-of address registration, there is a possibility that a
malicious mobile node could create multiple care-of address bindings that
does not belong to the mobile node at its home agent.
The home agent would accept these bindings without verifying them due to the
trust relationship it has with the mobile node.  With these bindings, the
mobile node can launch attacks by asking the home agent to flood the victims
of these care-of addresses with useless packets.
To mitigate such a problem, this memo introduces a few possible verification
mechanisms that the home agent would use in order to verify the care-of
addresses for the mobile node before using them for packet routing.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lim-mext-multiple-coa-verify-02.tx
t

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
[InternetShortcut]
URL=ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lim-mext-multiple-coa-verify-02.txt
_______________________________________________
MEXT mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mext