Subject: [MEXT] Mobile IPv6 and IPsec/IKE

From: [email-masked] (Arnaud Ebalard)
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 22:53:01 +0200

Hi,                        [apologies for those who are on both lists]

For those interested by *practical* deployment of MIPv6 with IPsec/IKE
under Linux, I have written a page describing how to set things up. It
is available here:

       http://natisbad.org/MIPv6/index.html

It is based on an improved version of MIGRATE draft (resulting from
discussions with the authors).

This is the first version of the page and some parts are still under
construction, so, be gentle. If you have comments, bug reports or
ideas, do not hesitate.

Cheers,

a+
_______________________________________________
MEXT mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mext

---

From: Basavaraj Patil <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 16:29:58 -0500

Useful document. Now if only support for IKEv2 can also be added :)

-Raj

---

From: Sebastien Decugis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 08:13:34 +0900

Hi,

If you are looking for similar information for ikev2, please look at:
http://www.nautilus6.org/doc/dk-howto/Howto_dynamic_keying.html

It may be a little outdated now, but it should be useful anyway.

PS: Sorry for the poor presentation ^^

Sebastien.

-- 
Sebastien Decugis
http://www.nautilus6.org

---

From: [email-masked] (Arnaud Ebalard)
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 09:35:58 +0200

Hi Basavaraj,

>> Useful document. Now if only support for IKEv2 can also be added :)

Thanks. See additional comments below.

> http://www.nautilus6.org/doc/dk-howto/Howto_dynamic_keying.html

My fault. Sorry, Seb. I should have added an entry in the FAQ at the end
of the document to point the reader to that page. This is done, now.

> It may be a little outdated now, but it should be useful anyway.

Yep. The kernel patches are kind of historical: they implement
SADB_X_EXT_PACKET for Linux 2.6.22  (i.e. from expired 04 version of
MIGRATE draft).

I still have a dump of Sebastien's SVN repository that includes the
additional patches for racoon2 to support the updated design of MIGRATE 
we have worked on together.

Neither me or Sebastien have time (at the moment) to maintain the
racoon2 part of the equation: if/when a new 05 version of the draft is
published, this will allow pushing the patches mainline to the various
projects and free some CPU cycles currently allocated to maintenance in
order to possibly spend time on racoon2.

Cheers,

a+