Subject: Re: [MEXT] I-D Action:draft-ietf-monami6-multiplecoa-14.txt

From: Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 15:53:24 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Ryuji,
  Regarding Section 4.3, 
  Simultaneous Home and Foreign Binding (H) flag

      This flag indicates that the mobile node registers multiple
      bindings to the home agent while it is attached to the home link.
      This flag is valid only for a Binding Update sent to the home
      agent.

as we discussed before, HA will reject BUs sent at home link (source address=HoA) if lifetime field is not zero. 
I don't think H flag-thing can be made to work.

The suggestion was to introduce a BU option flag for this purpose not a mobility option flag. 

Regards,

Behcet

----- Original Message ----
From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Sent: Wednesday, May 27, 2009 12:45:01 PM
Subject: [MEXT] I-D Action:draft-ietf-monami6-multiplecoa-14.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobility EXTensions for IPv6 Working Group of the IETF.

    Title          : Multiple Care-of Addresses Registration
    Author(s)      : R. Wakikawa, et al.
    Filename        : draft-ietf-monami6-multiplecoa-14.txt
    Pages          : 44
    Date            : 2009-05-27

According to the current Mobile IPv6 specification, a mobile node may
have several care-of addresses, but only one, called the primary
care-of address, that can be registered with its home agent and the
correspondent nodes.  However, for matters of cost, bandwidth, delay,
etc, it is useful for the mobile node to get Internet access through
multiple accesses simultaneously, in which case the mobile node would
be configured with multiple active IPv6 care-of addresses.  This
document proposes extensions to the Mobile IPv6 protocol to register
and use multiple care-of addresses.  The extensions proposed in this
document can be used by Mobile Routers using the NEMO (Network
Mobility) Basic Support protocol as well.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-monami6-multiplecoa-14.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.