Subject: [MEXT] Comments to draft-tsirtsis-mext-binary-filters-00.txt

From: Yungui Wang <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 10:42:04 +0800

Hello

1, Could the TLV/TV (type, length, value) format be used to encode
the paramters in the IPv4/IPv6 Flow Description sub-option?
Consideration: It may be not necessary to describe a flow which
includes all the parameters in the Flow Description sub-options.
At the same time, one parameter may appear multiple times in the
sub-option for a flow. For example, a flow may be presented as TCP
port 5000 and 5001.

2,  Could the Ethernet service flow description sub-option be also
introduced in this document? 
Consideration: The Ethernet service flow description sub-option is
senseful when Ethernet service is supported by MIP (referring to
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wu-mip4-ether-02.txt ).
The format of the Ethernet serice flow description sub-option is:

- Ethernet serice flow description sub-option (TV format)
0x01   48bit,source MAC address
0x02   48bit,destination MAC address
0x03   16bit,ethernet type
0x04   16bit,vlan tag

- Ethernet serice flow description sub-option (proto header
format)

 0                   1                   2                   3
 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
|S|D|E|V|       Reservered      |   (S) Source MAC Address      |
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
|                    (S) Source MAC Address                     |
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
|                 (D)Destination MAC Address                    |
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
|(D)Destination MAC Address     |   (E) Ethernet Type           |
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
|        (V) VLAN tag           |
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

B.R.  
Yungui