Subject: Re: [MEXT] [mext] #19: BU de-registration race condition

From: "Mext Issue Tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 00:24:56 -0000

#19: BU de-registration race condition
---------------------------------------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  charliep@…                                   |        Owner:  charliep@…           
     Type:  defect                                       |       Status:  closed               
 Priority:  minor                                        |    Milestone:  IETF76               
Component:  draft-ietf-mext-rfc3775bis                   |      Version:  5.0                  
 Severity:  Active WG Document                           |   Resolution:  fixed                
 Keywords:  Mobile IPv6, Binding Update, race condition  |  
---------------------------------------------------------+------------------
Changes (by charliep@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * version:  4.0 => 5.0
  * resolution:  => fixed
  * milestone:  IETF75 => IETF76

Comment:

 ============================================================================

 Basavaraj Patil:

 In Rev 5 of the I-D posted at the URL in your earlier email, Sec 10.3.2
 states:

    When the Status
    field in the Binding Acknowledgement is greater than or equal to 128
    and the Source Address of the Binding Update is on the home link, the
    home agent MUST send it to the mobile node's link layer address
    (retrieved either from the Binding Update or through Neighbor
    Solicitation).

 The MN may be on a virtual HL and hence there may not be a LLA for the MN
 to
 which the BAck can be sent. IMO the above sentence should be revised by
 deleting the part about sending it to the LLA and the clarification in the
 parentheses.

 ============================================================================

 Charles E. Perkins:

 What if I add another clause, to say that the mandate
 is placed when the Binding Update came from a mobile
 node on the same link?

 The result is:
   When the Status
   field in the Binding Acknowledgement is greater than or equal to 128
   and the Source Address of the Binding Update is on the home link,
   and the Binding Update came from a mobile node on the same link,
   the home agent MUST send it to the mobile node's link layer address
   (retrieved either from the Binding Update or through Neighbor
   Solicitation).

 ============================================================================

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/mext/trac/ticket/19#comment:1>
mext <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/mext/>