Subject: [MEXT] calculating handoff latency in mobile ipv6 environment

From: manju nath <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 10:55:46 +0530

i have installed ns 2.33 and added the patch mobiwan for supprting mobile
ipv6. i ran some tcl scripts , and below is the trace file generated. can
somebody help me to calculate the handoff latency, and if someone has awk or
perl script to do so, please send me .
tcl file https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0BxX...ODUzNDkw&hl=en<https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0BxX8Da4EPcOKMTk0M2YzNjctYTRkMy00NTQ0LWI5N2ItYTAwMTM0ODUzNDkw&hl=en>
out.tr https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0BxX...OTFlYzhl&hl=en<https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0BxX8Da4EPcOKZWU2ZjI2YmUtMzI3OS00NzI2LTgzZGMtMDQ1MjliOTFlYzhl&hl=en>

-- 
Manjanna B
MTech 2nd year (CSE)
NITK Surathkal
+91 9964677015

---

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2010 17:52:07 +0100

If you want to calculate it, then it's as simple as 1+1=2.

If you want to measure it then you need to tell which link layer are you
going to use (wifi)?  If yes then you could use the wireshark tool with
wifi extensions, on a separate measuring laptop, and look at the
timestamps of the wifi messages.  Then you have to decide what does
"handoff" mean to you: from which message (wifi attach?  IP RS?) until
which message (RA received? first data packet received?).

For other link layers (3G, WiMax) situation is similar, but you have to 
tell, then you get advice.

For an imaginary (simulated, emulated) link layer, it is very hard to
tell you how to calculate it because it's very difficult to imaginate
the same thing that you do.

We could discuss.

Alex

Le 02/12/2010 06:25, manju nath a écrit :
> i have installed ns 2.33 and added the patch mobiwan for supprting
> mobile ipv6. i ran some tcl scripts , and below is the trace file
> generated. can somebody help me to calculate the handoff latency, and
> if someone has awk or perl script to do so, please send me . tcl file
> https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0BxX...ODUzNDkw&hl=en
> <https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0BxX8Da4EPcOKMTk0M2YzNjctYTRkMy00NTQ0LWI5N2ItYTAwMTM0ODUzNDkw&hl=en>
>
>
out.tr <http://out.tr/>
> https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0BxX...OTFlYzhl&hl=en
> <https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0BxX8Da4EPcOKZWU2ZjI2YmUtMzI3OS00NzI2LTgzZGMtMDQ1MjliOTFlYzhl&hl=en>
>
>  -- Manjanna B MTech 2nd year (CSE) NITK Surathkal +91 9964677015
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________ MEXT mailing list
> [email-masked] https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mext