Subject: [MEXT] Paris meeting

From: jouni korhonen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 16:16:18 +0200

Folks,

Just to let you know we have applied for 2.5h slot for the Paris
DMM WG meeting. So there should be enough time for a couple of
presentations and also have relevant discussions..

- Jouni & Julien

---

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 17:03:33 +0100

In communicating I need to understand whether I can say DMM WG?  Is this 
really a WG?

Alex

Le 16/01/2012 15:16, jouni korhonen a écrit :
> - Jouni&  Julien
> _______________________________________________
> MEXT mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mext
>

---

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 08:39:34 +0100

Sorry - following up on my own email.

I have missed the earlier announcement of this being a WG, the DMM WG.

Just some side notes.

I have followed the DMM discussion and I was not persuaded the effort
were clear enough.  But the Charter seems to be inline with this lack of
clarity.  It looks to me as more of a place to develop new things
whatever they may be.

For example, it does not say whether Mobile IPv6 is a must or not.

The email list is still [email-masked] although the WG is called DMM.  I
personally prefer the email list to be called [email-masked] as well.
When I invite somebody to join I say "join DMM WG by subscribing to MEXT
email list, even though the MEXT WG is dead, err... re-chartered".

There is a conscious action in joining a particular email list, but now
all MEXT subscribers have their consciousness forced into DMM... is this
right?

The 6MAN WG has a similar practice where the email list is called
"[email-masked]".  I thought this practice not intuitive for outsiders, I
still think so.

Finally, there is some activities in MEXT which are
automatically declared dead by this MEXT-DMM re-Chartering.  One would
expect see an explanation about this disappearing.

Alex

Le 16/01/2012 17:03, Alexandru Petrescu a écrit :
> In communicating I need to understand whether I can say DMM WG? Is
> this really a WG?
>
> Alex
>
>> - Jouni& Julien _______________________________________________
>> MEXT mailing list [email-masked]
> _______________________________________________ MEXT mailing list
> [email-masked] https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mext
>