Subject: [MIB-DOCTORS] OPS and Management meetings in Prague

From: "Romascanu, Dan \(Dan\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 21:25:55 +0200

In order to encourage new ideas and input from the operators and
management community we (David and Dan) are thinking about allocating
two time slots at the Prague IETF that are supposed to be specifically
used to discuss new ideas and other topics, including complete bof
proposals that are of interest for the Ops and management area. At the
same time, because there is a time limit, it allows us to prioritize
work so that we can keep the area focused on the X most important issues
that fit within the allocated time. The idea is that we are often not
allowing enough discussion that helps to think about the future as
opposed to being constrained to the narrower topics as defined in our
working group charters.

The floor for proposals is already open. The sooner, the better. 

Note that a joint meeting of the area is planned together with the NMRG,
to report on the recent Utrecht workshop of NMRG and bring in new
proposals from the research community. Based upon the number of requests
for BOF slots this meeting could be scheduled in a separate third slot. 

We are planning to ask for late-in-the week slots (Wednesday, Thursday),
and even Friday morning may not be excluded. Please plan your trips
accordingly. 

David and Dan

_______________________________________________
MIB-DOCTORS mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mib-doctors