Subject: [MIB-DOCTORS] comments on draft-natale-snmp-mibs-to-ontology-00

From: "Romascanu, Dan \(Dan\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 23:29:10 +0200

I have a few comments related to the proposals in
draft-natale-snmp-mibs-to-ontology-00. While I appreciate the problem
space and recognize its importance, it is far from clear to me how this
work could be structured in a future Working Group in the OPS Area. In
order to help the discussions in Prague I would make the following
observations: 

1. The document relates to SOA-based/Web services management. These
concepts are quite broad, and it would be useful for the seek of the
discussions in Prague if Bob could provide a reference (or more but not
many) that points to what he had in mind when using this terms in the
document

2. The term ontology that is being used here to describe the results of
the conversion process is broad, and defined by a few examples in the
text. We should probably discuss rather sooner which of the output
formats that would be dealt with by a future IETF activity

3. Defining data conversion tools and validation tools is something that
has not been done yet in the IETF, to the best of my knowledge. They are
however defined as 'primary outputs' for this effort. As I am not sure
that I understand how the future IETF documents would look like, I would
suggest that we make some more concrete proposals, maybe examples that
other have issued in this space. 

Dan

_______________________________________________
MIB-DOCTORS mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mib-doctors