Subject: [MIB-DOCTORS] FW: Evaluation: draft-ietf-isms-secshell-15.txt to Proposed Standard

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 11:10:42 +0200

I believe that this document requires special attention from MIB-Doctors
and OPS-DIR. 

Dan

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-isms-secshell-15.txt

Technical Summary

   The document defines a Transport Model for the Simple Network
   Management Protocol (SNMP), using the Secure Shell protocol (SSH).
   The document also defines a portion of the Management Information
   Base (MIB) for monitoring and managing the Secure Shell Transport
   Model for SNMP.

Working Group Summary

   The document has mainly been updated recently to track
   clarifications and to improve the readability. There has been WG
   consensus on revision 15 of this document and there are no
   controversies on the technical solution.

Document Quality

   There are two known implementations in progress of the Secure Shell
   Transport Model. There are no further vendor commitments at the
   moment to implement this specification.

Personnel

   The document shepherd is Juergen Schoenwaelder, and the responsible
   area director is Pasi Eronen.

RFC Editor Note

   Replace all occurrences of "SSHTM-MIB" with
   "SNMP-SSH-TM-MIB" (also in the MIB module in Section 7)

   Section 10:
   OLD:
   1.  two TCP registered port numbers in the
       http://www.iana.org/assignments/port-numbers registry which will
       be the default ports for SNMP over an SSH Transport Model (SSHTM)
       as defined in this document, and SNMP over an SSH Transport Model
       for notifications (SSHTM-TRAP) as defined in this document.  It
       would be good if the assigned numbers were x161 and x162.
   NEW:
   1.  two TCP registered port numbers in the
       http://www.iana.org/assignments/port-numbers registry which will
       be the default ports for SNMP over an SSH Transport Model
(snmpssh)

       as defined in this document, and SNMP over an SSH Transport Model
       for notifications (snmpssh-trap) as defined in this document.  It
       would be good if the assigned numbers were x161 (snmpssh) and
x162
       (snmpssh-trap).