Subject: [MIB-DOCTORS] FW: WG Review: Recharter of Sieve Mail Filtering Language (sieve)

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 21:29:47 +0200

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
IESG Secretary
Sent: Tuesday, May 25, 2010 8:30 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: WG Review: Recharter of Sieve Mail Filtering Language (sieve) 

A modified charter has been submitted for the Sieve Mail Filtering
Language (sieve) working group in the Applications Area of the IETF.
The IESG has not made any determination as yet.  The modified charter is
provided below for informational purposes only.  Please send your
comments to the IESG mailing list ([email-masked]) by Tuesday, June 1,
2010.

Sieve Mail Filtering Language (sieve)
-------------------------------------
Current Status: Active
Last updated: 2010-05-07

Chairs:
Cyrus Daboo <[email-masked]>
Aaron Stone <[email-masked]>

Applications Area Directors:
Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]> Peter Saint-Andre
<[email-masked]>

Applications Area Advisor:
Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>

Mailing Lists:
General Discussion: [email-masked]
To Subscribe: [email-masked]
Archive:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/sieve/current/maillist.html

Description of Working Group:

The SIEVE email filtering language is specified in RFC 5228, together
with a number of extensions.

The SIEVE working group is being re-chartered to:

(1) Finish work on existing in-progress Working Group documents:
(a) External lists (draft-ietf-sieve-external-lists)
(b) Notify SIP (draft-ietf-sieve-notify-sip-message)
(c) RegEx (draft-ietf-sieve-regex)
(d) Include/multi-script (draft-ietf-sieve-include)
(e) Sieve in IMAP (draft-ietf-sieve-imap-sieve)

(2) Finalize and publish the following SIEVE extensions as proposed
standards:
(a) General Auto-reply (draft-george-sieve-autoreply)
(b) Notify presence (draft-george-sieve-notify-presence)
(c) Vacation time (draft-george-sieve-vacation-time)
(d) Convert messages (draft-melnikov-sieve-convert)

Additional drafts may be added to this list, but only via a charter
revision. There must also be demonstrable willingness in the SIEVE
development community to actually implement a given extension before it
can be added to this charter.

(3) Work on a specification for iCalendar and vCard extraction, and
cooperate with the VCARDDAV WG for address book tests in Sieve.

(4) Work on a specification to describe how EAI/IDN issues should be
handled in SIEVE.

(5) Work on a "Benefits of SIEVE" guide for client and server vendors
that:
(a) Describes the SIEVE protocol and its suite of extensions.
(b) Explains the benefits of server-side filtering in practical terms.
(c) Shows how client-side filtering can be migrated to SIEVE.

(6) Produce one or more informational RFCs containing a set of test
scripts and test email messages that are to be filtered by the scripts,
and the expected results of that filtering. This will serve as the basis
of a interoperability test suite to help determine the suitability of
moving the base specification and selected extensions to Draft status.

Goals and Milestones:
Done - Submit revised variables draft.
Done - Submit revised vacation draft.
Done - WG last call for variables draft.
Done - Initial submission of RFC 3028bis.
Done - WG last call for RFC 3028bis.
Done - Initial submission of revised relational draft.
Done - Initial submission of revised subaddress draft.
Done - Initial submission of revised spamtest/virustest draft.
Done - Submit revised editheader draft.
Done - Submit revised imapflags draft.
Done - WG last call of revised subaddress draft.
Done - Submit revised body test draft.
Done - Submit revised reject before delivery draft.
Done - WG last call for editheader draft.
Done - WG last call for body test draft.
Done - WG last call for refuse draft
Done - WG last call of revised spamtest draft Done - Submit variables
draft to IESG Done - Submit revised loop draft Done - Submit revised
notification action draft Done - WG last call of revised relational
draft Done - WG last call for imap-flags draft Done - WG last call for
vacation draft Done - WG last call of revised subaddress draft Done -
Submit revised relational draft to IESG Done - Submit vacation draft to
IESG Done - Submit revised subaddress draft to IESG Done - Submit
imapflags draft to IESG Done - Submit revised spamtest draft to IESG
Done - Submit 3028bis to IESG Done - Submit editheader draft to IESG
Done - Submit body test draft to IESG Done - WG last call for
notification action draft Done - Submit notification action draft to
IESG Done - Submit refuse-reject to IESG Done - Submit notify-mailto to
IESG Done - Submit mime-loops to IESG Done - WGLC iHave Done - WGLC
Notary Done - Submit iHave to IESG Done - Submit Notary to IESG Done -
WGLC sieve-in-xml Done - Submit sieve-in-xml to IESG Done - WGLC
ManageSIEVE Done - Submit ManageSIEVE to IESG Done - WGLC Notify-sip
Done - WGLC Metadata Done - Submit Metadata to IESG Done - Publish
refuse/reject - RFC 5429 Done - Publish notify base spec - RFC 5435 Done
- Publish notify mailto extension - RFC 5436 Done - Publish notify xmpp
extension - RFC 5437 Done - Publish ihave - RFC 5463 Done - Publish
meta-data - RFC 5490 Done - Publish mime loops - RFC 5703 Done - Publish
Sieve in XML - RFC 5784 Done - Revised RegEx draft Apr 2010 - Revised
Include/multi-script draft Apr 2010 - WGLC external-lists May 2010 -
WGLC Include/multi-script May 2010 - Submit external-lists to IESG Jun
2010 - Submit Include/multi-script to IESG Jun 2010 - WGLC Notify-SIP
Jul 2010 - Initial eai-issues draft Jul 2010 - Submit Notify-SIP to IESG
Aug 2010 - WGLC RegEx Aug 2010 - Initial test-scripts draft Aug 2010 -
Initial benefits draft Sep 2010 - Submit RegEx to IESG Oct 2010 - WGLC
eai-issues Nov 2010 - Submit eai-issues to IESG Nov 2010 - WGLC benefits
Jan 2011 - Submit benefits to IESG Mar 2011 - WGLC test-scripts Apr 2011
- Submit test-scripts to IESG