Subject: [MIB-DOCTORS] MIB doctors: Who is still a volunteer to review IETF MIB modules (POLL)?

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2015 12:30:13 +0100

Dear all,

The world has moved to YANG data modeling for configuration and (more 
and more) monitoring aspects. I understand that some of you have moved 
into this new world. However, MIB modules for monitoring will still be 
present for some time in live networks.
As a consequence, we still see monitoring MIB modules 
(https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/writable-mib-module.html is still 
valid btw.) produced out of the IETF. A search in tracker for "mib" 
still shows some MIB modules 
<http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/search/?sort=date&group=&name=mib&activedrafts=on&author=&area=&rfcs=on&state=&substate=&stream=&ad=>, 
some of them are WG documents.

It's getting more difficult to get volunteers to review MIB modules. I 
believe I did the last one myself, part of the telechat, which is not 
optimal for multiple reasons. The world moving to YANG is not a 
justification for letting 
non-RFC4181-compliant/non-MIB-doctors-approved/bad/crappy/etc. (select 
your own wordings) go through the IETF process.

So my question: out of the 19 people on the mib-doctors right now, who 
is ready to help with a MIB module review from time to time?

Regards, Benoit

---

From: Michael MacFaden <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2015 13:28:10 +0000

I will.

Mike MacFaden

Sent from Outlook Mobile<https://aka.ms/blhgte>

On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 3:30 AM -0800, "Benoit Claise" <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:

Dear all,

The world has moved to YANG data modeling for configuration and (more and more) monitoring aspects. I understand that some of you have moved into this new world. However, MIB modules for monitoring will still be present for some time in live networks.
As a consequence, we still see monitoring MIB modules (https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/writable-mib-module.html<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.ietf.org_iesg_statement_writable-2Dmib-2Dmodule.html&d=BQMCaQ&c=Sqcl0Ez6M0X8aeM67LKIiDJAXVeAw-YihVMNtXt-uEs&r=yK0D6Un7Scv4gg9WMTtDbQ&m=LjtIz1iv9TvyylAiJsWR8ws2XCTOm0f3ZoUbuJdYYSg&s=fvjMQ1w6AIYan49DJzTsFQsN2m7fL6GxyOlvIL4GMIQ&e=> is still valid btw.) produced out of the IETF. A search in tracker for "mib" still shows some MIB modules<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__datatracker.ietf.org_doc_search_-3Fsort-3Ddate-26group-3D-26name-3Dmib-26activedrafts-3Don-26author-3D-26area-3D-26rfcs-3Don-26state-3D-26substate-3D-26stream-3D-26ad-3D&d=BQMCaQ&c=Sqcl0Ez6M0X8aeM67LKIiDJAXVeAw-YihVMNtXt-uEs&r=yK0D6Un7Scv4gg9WMTtDbQ&m=LjtIz1iv9TvyylAiJsWR8ws2XCTOm0f3ZoUbuJdYYSg&s=9yZjuc5E2ZHIRrmXQ5V7K1xJKAjxcvliT6wis_Ej-cg&e=>, some of them are WG documents.

It's getting more difficult to get volunteers to review MIB modules. I believe I did the last one myself, part of the telechat, which is not optimal for multiple reasons. The world moving to YANG is not a justification for letting non-RFC4181-compliant/non-MIB-doctors-approved/bad/crappy/etc. (select your own wordings) go through the IETF process.

So my question: out of the 19 people on the mib-doctors right now, who is ready to help with a MIB module review from time to time?

Regards, Benoit

---

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2015 14:32:41 +0000

+1

Dan

From: MIB-DOCTORS [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Michael MacFaden
Sent: Monday, November 23, 2015 3:28 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [MIB-DOCTORS] MIB doctors: Who is still a volunteer to review IETF MIB modules (POLL)?

I will.

Mike MacFaden

Sent from Outlook Mobile<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__aka.ms_blhgte&d=BQMFAg&c=BFpWQw8bsuKpl1SgiZH64Q&r=I4dzGxR31OcNXCJfQzvlsiLQfucBXRucPvdrphpBsFA&m=sz2-gJngPr6oXkQWtXpvYlBkRllrixVAGbH260GNDbQ&s=LNdzOUIZV6H039lESF2Vobg0KglBF0MEaWWm5r_H7Is&e=>

Regards, Benoit

---

From: "Joan Cucchiara" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2015 11:00:31 -0500

I will too.

-Joan

From: MIB-DOCTORS [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Romascanu, Dan (Dan)
Sent: Monday, November 23, 2015 9:33 AM
To: Michael MacFaden; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [MIB-DOCTORS] MIB doctors: Who is still a volunteer to review
IETF MIB modules (POLL)?

+1

Dan

From: MIB-DOCTORS [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Michael
MacFaden
Sent: Monday, November 23, 2015 3:28 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [MIB-DOCTORS] MIB doctors: Who is still a volunteer to review
IETF MIB modules (POLL)?

I will. 

Mike MacFaden

Sent from Outlook Mobile
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__aka.ms_blhgte&d=BQMFAg
&c=BFpWQw8bsuKpl1SgiZH64Q&r=I4dzGxR31OcNXCJfQzvlsiLQfucBXRucPvdrphpBsFA&m=sz
2-gJngPr6oXkQWtXpvYlBkRllrixVAGbH260GNDbQ&s=LNdzOUIZV6H039lESF2Vobg0KglBF0ME
aWWm5r_H7Is&e=> 

On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 3:30 AM -0800, "Benoit Claise" <[email-masked]>
wrote:

Dear all,

The world has moved to YANG data modeling for configuration and (more and
more) monitoring aspects. I understand that some of you have moved into this
new world. However, MIB modules for monitoring will still be present for
some time in live networks.
As a consequence, we still see monitoring MIB modules
(https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/writable-mib-module.html
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.ietf.org_iesg_stat
ement_writable-2Dmib-2Dmodule.html&d=BQMCaQ&c=Sqcl0Ez6M0X8aeM67LKIiDJAXVeAw-
YihVMNtXt-uEs&r=yK0D6Un7Scv4gg9WMTtDbQ&m=LjtIz1iv9TvyylAiJsWR8ws2XCTOm0f3ZoU
buJdYYSg&s=fvjMQ1w6AIYan49DJzTsFQsN2m7fL6GxyOlvIL4GMIQ&e=>  is still valid
btw.) produced out of the IETF. A search in tracker for "mib" still shows
some MIB modules
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__datatracker.ietf.org_do
c_search_-3Fsort-3Ddate-26group-3D-26name-3Dmib-26activedrafts-3Don-26author
-3D-26area-3D-26rfcs-3Don-26state-3D-26substate-3D-26stream-3D-26ad-3D&d=BQM
CaQ&c=Sqcl0Ez6M0X8aeM67LKIiDJAXVeAw-YihVMNtXt-uEs&r=yK0D6Un7Scv4gg9WMTtDbQ&m
=LjtIz1iv9TvyylAiJsWR8ws2XCTOm0f3ZoUbuJdYYSg&s=9yZjuc5E2ZHIRrmXQ5V7K1xJKAjxc
vliT6wis_Ej-cg&e=> , some of them are WG documents.

It's getting more difficult to get volunteers to review MIB modules. I
believe I did the last one myself, part of the telechat, which is not
optimal for multiple reasons. The world moving to YANG is not a
justification for letting
non-RFC4181-compliant/non-MIB-doctors-approved/bad/crappy/etc. (select your
own wordings) go through the IETF process.

So my question: out of the 19 people on the mib-doctors right now, who is
ready to help with a MIB module review from time to time?

Regards, Benoit

---

From: David Harrington <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2015 00:44:16 -0500

+1

David Harrington
[email-masked]
603-828-1401

> On Nov 23, 2015, at 8:28 AM, Michael MacFaden <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> I will.
> 
> Mike MacFaden
> 
> Sent from Outlook Mobile
> 
> 
> 
> On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 3:30 AM -0800, "Benoit Claise" <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Dear all,
> 
> As a consequence, we still see monitoring MIB modules (https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/writable-mib-module.html is still valid btw.) produced out of the IETF. A search in tracker for "mib" still shows some MIB modules, some of them are WG documents.
> 
> _______________________________________________
> MIB-DOCTORS mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mib-doctors

---

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 16:27:04 +0100

Thank you very much to Mike, Dan, Joan, and David for your positive answers.

Regards, Benoit
>
> I will.
>
> Mike MacFaden
>
> Sent from Outlook Mobile <https://aka.ms/blhgte>
>
>
>
>
> On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 3:30 AM -0800, "Benoit Claise" 
> <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:
>
> Dear all,
>
> <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__datatracker.ietf.org_doc_search_-3Fsort-3Ddate-26group-3D-26name-3Dmib-26activedrafts-3Don-26author-3D-26area-3D-26rfcs-3Don-26state-3D-26substate-3D-26stream-3D-26ad-3D&d=BQMCaQ&c=Sqcl0Ez6M0X8aeM67LKIiDJAXVeAw-YihVMNtXt-uEs&r=yK0D6Un7Scv4gg9WMTtDbQ&m=LjtIz1iv9TvyylAiJsWR8ws2XCTOm0f3ZoUbuJdYYSg&s=9yZjuc5E2ZHIRrmXQ5V7K1xJKAjxcvliT6wis_Ej-cg&e=>,