Subject: [mif] A Suggestion for Address Selection

From: Aleksi Suhonen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 05:57:43 +0300

Hi,

This is a request for comments on a draft for an internet draft on a new
address selection algorithm that I'm developing as part of the Finnish
Future Internet project. I'm trying to find a home working group for it,
but I'm not finding it easy since it seems to affect so many things.

Instead of sending the whole text on several mailing lists, I put the
rough draft on the web:

http://www.axu.tm/2009/draft-axu-addr-sel-pre00.html

The motivation for this algorithm comes from multi-pathing protocols and
the need for agile address re-selection when forced to reroute.

Readers of the mif list may be especially interested in this algorithm 
because it handles multiple interfaces as a special case of multiple 
routers on a single interface, or vice versa, and handles source address 
validation issues in all cases.

Sincerely awaiting your constructive feedback,

--
	Aleksi Suhonen
	Department of Communications Engineering
	Tampere University of Technology