Subject: [mif] next step for MIF PVD configuration

From: Hui Deng <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Feb 2016 18:21:24 +0800

Hello all
We had the concensus already about droping DHCP MPVD ID document, based on this, here chairs would like to understand whether MIF WGhas achieved the concensus on below two steps to deliver MPVD conf.1) step 1: using RA to get MPVD ID information2) step 2: using DNS to get other MPVD configuration.
Thanks for your feedback
-Cc-chairs

---

From: Stjepan Groš <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Feb 2016 14:26:27 +0100

Hi all!

On 29.02.2016 11:21, Hui Deng wrote:
> Hello all
>
> We had the concensus already about droping DHCP MPVD ID document, 
> based on this, here chairs would like to understand whether MIF WG
> has achieved the concensus on below two steps to deliver MPVD conf.
> 1) step 1: using RA to get MPVD ID information
> 2) step 2: using DNS to get other MPVD configuration.

Since I didn't saw any discussions on this list about those proposals I
have few questions/comments:

1. Is this only for IPv6, or it is for IPv4 too (step 2)?

2. Why only MPVD ID in RA? Why not other information too for which RA is
a natural place to be?

3. Why turn DNS into a local network configuration protocol?

SG