Subject: [mile] Review of Incident@purpose

From: "Roman D. Danyliw" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 21:42:30 +0000

Hello!

In Issue #17 (http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/mile/trac/ticket/17), we're tracking the need to review the completeness of Incident@purpose in 5070bis.  In -06, it is defined as follows:

---[ snip from Section 3.2 ]--
   purpose
      Required.  ENUM.  The purpose attribute represents the reason why
      the IODEF document was created.  It is closely related to the
      Expectation class (Section 3.17).  This attribute is defined as an
      enumerated list:

      1.  traceback.  The document was sent for trace-back purposes.
      2.  mitigation.  The document was sent to request aid in
          mitigating the described activity.
      3.  reporting.  The document was sent to comply with reporting
          requirements.
      4.  watch.  The document was sent to convey indicators to watch
          for particular activity.
      5.  other.  The document was sent for purposes specified in the
          Expectation class.
      6.  ext-value.  An escape value used to extend this attribute.
          See Section 5.1.
--[ end ]--

Are there additional values the working would like to include?

Roman