Subject: [mile] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mile-rolie-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2014 09:46:50 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Managed Incident Lightweight Exchange Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Resource-Oriented Lightweight Indicator Exchange
        Author          : John P. Field
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mile-rolie-00.txt
	Pages           : 45
	Date            : 2014-12-05

Abstract:
   This document defines a resource-oriented approach to cyber security
   information sharing.  Using this approach, a CSIRT or other
   stakeholder may share and exchange representations of cyber security
   incidents, indicators, and other related information as Web-
   addressable resources.  The transport protocol binding is specified
   as HTTP(S) with a MIME media type of Atom+XML.  An appropriate set of
   link relation types specific to cyber security information sharing is
   defined.  The resource representations leverage the existing IODEF
   [RFC5070] and RID [RFC6545] specifications as appropriate.
   Coexistence with deployments that conform to existing specifications
   including RID [RFC6545] and Transport of Real-time Inter-network
   Defense (RID) Messages over HTTP/TLS [RFC6546] is supported via
   appropriate use of HTTP status codes.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mile-rolie/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mile-rolie-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Takeshi Takahashi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 10:17:24 +0900

Hi John and all,

Thank you very much for bringing the draft back again to the MILE !

My understanding on this draft was that people in MILE were generally in
favor of moving this draft forward some time ago, but the draft was expired
since we were all busy for considering the main specs of IODEF and RID.
IMHO, I believe it is a good timing to review and complete this work.

Here is one comment.
I think the main content is not affected by the emergence of the IODEF-bis,
except the examples mentioned in the draft, correct?
Since the IODEF-bis will be finalized soon, we could review the example
using the IODEF-bis (the IODEF-bis does not have complete backward
compatibility) once the IODEF-bis reaches to the final stage.
Another comment is that, as with the enum-draft, this draft could be refined
so that it could be used or acknowledged by the SACM WG.

In my personal opinion, I wish to see the draft to be a WG draft, so that we
can receive more reviews on this draft.
(According to the charter, we were supposed to submit the draft to the IESG
on Jan 2015.)

All, could you share your feeling on this draft?

Thank you.
Take

> -----Original Message-----
> From: mile [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
> [email-masked]
> Sent: Saturday, December 6, 2014 2:47 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: [mile] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mile-rolie-00.txt
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> mile mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mile