Subject: [Mip4] MobiQuitous 2004 - Call for Papers

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 04:01:20 +0000

We apologize if you receive multiple copies of this Call for Papers

***********************************************************************
             PRELIMINARY ANNOUNCEMENT and CALL FOR PAPERS

                         MobiQuitous 2004
                    http://www.mobiquitous.org

           The First Annual International Conference on
      Mobile and Ubiquitous Systems: Networking and Services

        August 22-25, 2004   Boston, Massachusetts, USA
 
                    (ACM sponsorship pending)

***********************************************************************

The combination of mobile and ubiquitous computing is emerging as a
promising new paradigm with the goal to provide computing and
communication services all the time, everywhere, transparently and
invisibly to the user, using devices embedded in the surrounding
physical environment. In this context, the communication devices, the
objects with which they interact, or both may be mobile. The
implementation of such a paradigm requires advances in wireless
network technologies and devices, development of infrastructures
supporting cognitive environments, and discovery and identification of
ubiquitous computing applications and services. The first ACM Annual
International Conference on Mobile and Ubiquitous Systems: networking
and services (Mobiquitous 04) will cover all these aspects,
representing a forum where practitioners and researchers coming from
the many areas involved in ubiquitous solutions design and deployment
will be able to interact exchanging the cross-layer experiences needed
to build the overall ubiquitous systems. Areas addressed by the
conference include: applications, service-oriented computing,
middleware, networking, agents, knowledge management and databases.

PAPERS: Technical papers describing original, previously unpublished
research, not currently under review by another conference or journal,
are solicited. The conference is interested in contributions
addressing all the areas associated with mobile and ubiquitous
architectures, infrastructure and services. Technical works clearly
identifying how the specific contributions fit to an overall working
solution are particularly of interest. Topics include, but are not
limited to, the following feature topics: 

* Ubiquitous architectures and systems 
* Wearable computing and personal area network 
* Wireless technologies for mobile and ubiquitous communications 
  (Bluetooth, ZigBee, 802.15.x, WiFi) 
* Wireless Internet access in ubiquitous systems 
* Reconfigurability and personalization of wireless network 
* Service discovery mechanisms, knowledge discovery, matching and 
  composition mechanisms 
* Wireless/mobile service management and delivery 
* Security, privacy and social issues of mobile and ubiquitous systems 
* Peer-to-peer knowledge management 
* Emerging industrial/business scenarios 
* Multimodal interfaces (speech, video kinetic, tactile) 
* Smart spaces 
* Ad hoc and sensor networking 
* Localization and tracking 
* Context and location aware application 
* Multimedia encoding and transcoding 
* Middleware services 
* Agent technologies in ubiquitous, wearable, and mobile systems 
* Hardware and software platforms for ubiquitous systems, and testbeds 
* User interfaces
* Toolkits, development environments, and languages for ubiquitous
  computing 
* Ontologies for mobile and ubiquitous computing

SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS: All paper submissions will be handled
electronically (see the conference web page for details). Authors
should prepare a Portable Document Format (PDF) or postscript version
of their full paper.  Papers must not exceed 8 pages double column (US
Letter size, 8.5 x 11 inches) including text, figures and
references. The font size must be at least 10 points.

PUBLICATION: All submitted papers will be rigorously reviewed by
technical program committee members. Accepted papers will be published
in the conference proceedings.  Papers of particular merit will be
proposed for publication in the ACM/Kluwer Wireless Networks journal.

TUTORIALS: Proposals for tutorials are solicited.  Evaluation of
tutorial proposals will be based on the expertise and experience of
the instructors, and on the relevance of the subject matter.
Potential instructors are requested to submit a tutorial proposal of
at most 5 pages, including a biographical sketch, to the Tutorial
Chair by March 1, 2004.

DEMOS: Proposals for research and industrial demos are solicited.  A
maximum of 3 pages should be submitted which include a description of
the demo and needed equipment. Proposals should be submitted to the
Demo Chair, which will be announced shortly.

***********************************************************************
                            IMPORTANT DATES
***********************************************************************
Paper submission due:         FEBRUARY 1 2004
Notification of acceptance:   APRIL 30 2004
Camera-ready version due:     MAY 15 2004
**********************************************************************

*** ORGANIZING COMMITTEE

* General Co-Chairs
  Imrich Chlamtac
  University of Texas at Dallas, U.S.A.
  [email-masked]

  Fausto  Giunchiglia
  Universita` di Trento, Italy
  [email-masked]

* General Vice Co-Chairs
  Michele Zorzi 
  Universita` di Padova, Italy
  [email-masked]

  Valentina Tamma 
  University of Liverpool, U.K.
  [email-masked]

* Program Co-Chairs
  * Networking
    Tom La Porta
    Penn State University, U.S.A.
    [email-masked]

    Chiara Petrioli
    Universita` di Roma "La Sapienza," Italy 
    [email-masked]

  * Knowledge management
    Tim Finin
    Univ. of Maryland Baltimore County, U.S.A.
    [email-masked]

    Chiara Ghidini 
    ITC-IRST, Trento, Italy 
    [email-masked]

* Tutorial Chair
  Mani Srivastava
  Univ. of California Los Angeles, U.S.A.

* Publicity Co-Chairs
  Stefano Basagni 
  Northeastern University, U.S.A.

  Ilya Zaihrayeu
  Universita` di Trento, Italy

* Registration Chair
  Robin Kravets
  Univ. of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, U.S.A.

* Demo Chair
  Yannis Labrou
  Fujitsu Labs of America, U.S.A.

* Local Arrangements Chair
  Prithwish Basu
  BBN Technologies, U.S.A.

* Publication Chair
  Roger Whitaker
  Cardiff University, U.K.

-- 
Mip4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4