Subject: [Mip4] Call For Participation: BWAN 2005

From: Tim Ozugur <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 May 2005 16:42:32 -0500

(Apologies if you are receiving this message more than once)

------------------------------------------------------------------
                   CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

                 International Workshop on 
Broadband Wireless Access Network on fixed network (BWAN 2005)
                   (http://www.bwan.org/)

                ORLANDO, FL - JUNE 15, 2005

co-located with International Conference on Multimedia Services 
     Access Networks (MSAN '05: http://www.msan.org)

                   CO_SPONSORED BY IEEE

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Scope:

Workshop: Broadband Wireless Access based on fixed Network 
(xDSL, FTTx, etc ). 

This Workshop will deal about complementary wireless broadband access
network based on wired network (xDSL, FTTx, etc), 3G/4G and also about
different techniques that can solved the tremendous challenges making
the sharing of each phone line accessible through wireless access with a
minimum guarantee of service for any connected user. In this workshop,
the challenges to develop a new low cost mobile or semi-mobile access
network with low powering unit will be explored and that may complement
UMTS. 

The workshop is intended to present new architectures of fixed network
supporting mobility and/or nomadic features for wireless access (802.11,
WiMax,…802.20….), the sharing of the network access, bandwidth sharing
on radio access. (Single Hop, mesh,…) and discuss about the perspectives
of shared access network enhanced with wireless extension based on
technologies such as WiFi,.. 802.16,.. 802.20, etc to maximize the
performance of the overall link and reduce the costs. Within the
framework of BWAN 2005, a new research field to prepare the next
generation of network access. 

Topics of interest to this workshop include (but are not limited to)
performance studies and solutions (algorithms, protocols, architectures)
that tend to improve experience of users of services and applications
based on Internet. 

Workshop Topics:
- New Architectures and technologies for broadband wireless 
  access on fixed network(xDSL/FTTx,etc) with mobility features 
- AAA (Authentification, Authorization, Accounting) 
- Micro and macro mobility 
- Medium access control (QoS, bandwidth sharing, fairness) 
- End to end security and privacy issues on Mobile and/or nomadic 
  Access Network 
- Low cost and low power integrated xDSL/FTTx+WiFi modem with 
  mobility enhancement 
- Network cost performance and Business Models SLA-based services 
- Radio extension such as 802.xy (WiFi, WiMax, etc)  

Relating Topics: 
- Modulation, coding and antennas (MIMO) 
- Interference mitigation for multiple access 
- Complementary solutions to UMTS 
- Location-Based Services Applications 
- Scalability issues to large number of sites 
- Standard and regulations 
- IPv6 impact 
- Mesh extensions

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/