Subject: [Mip4] MobiCom 2005 Call for Participation

From: "Wendi Heinzelman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 22:14:16 -0400

*******************************************************************

                         Call for Participation

                         ACM MobiCom 2005
  11th International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking

                   August 28 - September 2, 2005
                         Cologne, Germany

                http://www.sigmobile.org/mobicom/2005/

*******************************************************************

ACM MobiCom is a highly-selective international conference on mobile
computing and networking. It serves as the premier forum for
presenting and discussing research results on networks, systems,
algorithms, and applications supporting the symbiosis of mobile
computing and wireless networking. Each year, the conference attracts
about 500 researchers, practitioners, students, and
executives. MobiCom 2005 will be held in beautiful Cologne, Germany.

Technical Program. The program consists of a single track with 26
papers.  The authors present cutting-edge results on various topics,
such as new architectures, content-based and geometric routing,
self-management, cross-layer optimization. The papers cover ad hoc
networks, mesh networks, wireless sensor networks, WLANs, and cellular
networks. A list of accepted papers can be found at
http://www.sigmobile.org/mobicom/2005/program.html.  

Panels and Demonstrations. The program also includes a number of panel
discussions on hot topics and technical demonstrations of experimental
systems.  

Tutorials. Four tutorials will be offered: (a) Wireless
sensor and actuator networks, (b) 802.11 WLAN MAC and smart antennas:
issues and directions, (c) Security in sensor and ad hoc networks:
perspectives and status, (d) Wide area wireless networks: 3G and
beyond.  

Student Poster Session. For the first time, MobiCom hosts the ACM
Student Research Competition. Students submitting to the poster
session can receive up to $500 for their travel, depending on need and
eligibility.  

Workshops. One day is dedicated to workshops on specific technical
areas in mobile and wireless networking. The following workshops take
place: 
- Foundations of Mobile Computing (DIAL M-POMC) 
- Dynamic Interconnection of Networks (DIN) 
- Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks (VANET)
- Wireless Security (WiSe) 
- Wireless Mobile Applications and Services on WLAN Hotspots (WMASH) 

Registration is available at http://www.regmaster.com/mobicom2005.html. 
There is a discounted rate until August 5, 2005.

----------------------------------------------------------
Wendi B. Heinzelman
Assistant Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering 
University of Rochester
P.O. Box 270126, Hopeman Building, Room 307
Rochester, NY  14627-0126
Phone: 585-275-4053
Fax:      585-273-4919
http://www.ece.rochester.edu/~wheinzel
----------------------------------------------------------

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/