Subject: [Mip4] DIAL M-POMC 2005: Workshop on Foundation of Mobile Computing Final CFP

From: Deepak Ganesan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 11:04:07 -0400

Our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CFP.

        FINAL CALL FOR PAPERS - DIAL M-POMC 2005

            The Third ACM/SIGMOBILE International Workshop on
                          Foundation of Mobile Computing

                     September 2, 2005 - Cologne, Germany
                      (co-located with ACM MobiCom 2005)

		http://gridnet.nec-labs.com/dialm

                                   IMPORTANT DATES

                Paper submission due:            June 5, 2005 (New 
Extended Deadline)
                Notification of acceptance:      July 5, 2005
                Camera-ready version due:    July 20, 2005

DIAL M-POMC is devoted to algorithms and modeling in the context of
mobile and wireless computing and communications. It is intended to be
a lively meeting, covering many of the algorithmic aspects of this
field ranging from operations research to radio engineering
problems. In particular, it aims at fostering the cooperation among
practitioners and theoreticians of the field.

This workshop is a merging of two workshops: DIAL M (Discrete
Algorithms and Methods for Mobile Computing and Communications), which
was held annually from 1997 to 2004 as a workshop in conjunction with
ACM/SIGMOBILE MobiCom; and POMC (Principles of Mobile Computing),
which was held in 2001 in conjunction with the ACM/SIGACT and SIGOPS
Symposium on Principles of Distributed Computing (PODC), and in 2002
in conjunction with the ACM International Symposium on Distributed
Computing (DISC).

DIAL M-POMC 2005 will be composed of invited and peer-reviewed
contributed talks.

SCOPE: Mobile computing and communications devices will have an
enormous impact on our lifestyle over the next several decades. The
mobility of distributed computing components raises a number of
interesting, and difficult, algorithmic issues. This workshop is
devoted to algorithms and methods in the context of mobile and
wireless computing and communications. The workshop is intended to
foster cooperation among researchers in mobile computing and
researchers in discrete and distributed algorithms.

PAPERS: All submitted papers will be rigorously reviewed by technical
program committee members. Accepted papers will be published in the
workshop proceedings. Technical papers describing original, previously
unpublished research, not currently under review by another conference
or journal, are solicited. Contributions are solicited in all areas
related to mobile and wireless computing and communications where
discrete algorithms and methods are utilized. Specific topics include,
but are not limited to:

- Channel assignment and management
- Cryptography and security
- Handover (handoff)
- Routing, multicast and broadcast
- Scheduling
- Synchronization
- Selfish behavior and cooperation
- Energy saving methods and protocols
- Ad hoc and sensor networking
- Localization and location tracking
- Error correcting codes
- Protocol optimization
- Dynamic networks
- Cooperation enforcement
- Dynamic graph algorithms
- Modeling

SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS: All paper submissions will be handled
electronically (see the conference web page for details). Authors
should prepare an electronic version of their full paper. Papers must
not exceed 11 pages (US Letter size, 8.5 x 11 inches) including text,
figures and references. The font size must be at least 11 points.

Program Co-Chairs
Suman Banerjee
Univ. of Wisconsin, Madison
[email-masked]

Samrat Ganguly
NEC Labs
[email-masked]

Publicity Chair
Deepak Ganesan
Univ. of Massachusetts
[email-masked]

Steering Committee
Ian Akyildiz (Georgia Tech)
Maurizio Bonuccelli (U. of Pisa)
Afonso Ferreira (INRIA)
Errol Lloyd (U. of Delaware)
Nancy Lynch (MIT)
Andre Schiper (EPFL)
Arunabha Sen (ASU)
Nitin Vaidya (UIUC)

Program Committee (partial list)

  Stefano Basagni(Northeastern University) [email-masked]
  Stephan Eidenbenz (Los Alamos National Labs) [email-masked]
  Andras Farago (UT Dallas) [email-masked]
  Kamal Jain (Microsoft Research) [email-masked]
  Li (Erran) Li (Bell Labs) [email-masked]
  Archan Misra (IBM TJ Watson Research Center) [email-masked]
  Vishal Misra (Columbia University) [email-masked]
  S. Muthukrishnan (Rutgers) [email-masked]
  Dina Papagiannaki (Intel Research, Cambridge) 
[email-masked]
  Cynthia Phillips (Sandia National Labs) [email-masked]
  Chiara Petrioli (University of Roma) [email-masked]
  Lili Qiu (University of Texas Austin) [email-masked]
  Rajmohan Rajaraman (Northeastern University) [email-masked]
  Raghupathy Sivakumar (Georgia Institute of Technology) 
[email-masked]
  Aravind Srinivasan (University of Maryland) [email-masked]
  Martha Steenstrup  (Stow Research) [email-masked]
  Subhash Suri (University of California Santa Barbara) [email-masked]

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/